PDA

View Full Version : Rejected DGCA Computer number application

jishnucr
21st Aug 2010, 14:51
The reason for rejection is:

"Not eligible as per CAR. Foreign flying hours not approved by
DGCA or Not holding Indian SPL/ PPL"

I had more than 50 hours total flying hours including 14 hours solo while applying for the computer number. All the forms were attested properly by the CFI.

Someone please tell me what i should rectify when re-applying for the computer no. I'm planning to do the conversion exams coming Oct.
Thank you

Pulkdahulk
21st Aug 2010, 23:44
Which school, which country?

jimmygill
22nd Aug 2010, 00:44
I am giving this advice again ...

When you are at lower end of hours, while applying for computer number apply for "PPL" as category... instead of "CPL".... "CARs for PPL are way much relaxed", right now you can go and appeal with the CEO,

Computer number once issued remains same for PPL/CPL or ATPL.

Applying fcomputer number for PPL doesn't restrict you from appearing in other cats..

silent_scream
22nd Aug 2010, 03:09
@jishnucr ,

You had 14 hours of Solo, although it does not matter, it means you are currently flying and plan to finish it by October, and write the conversion exam.

You must remember you need to have the Foreign Commercial License during time of application for exams.

Regarding the Computer Number application, did you take signature's of the CFI of your foreign school ?

I am not certainly sure how it works these days, but here's what I'd do.

Get all the documents attested by a Class 1 Gazetted Officer of State / Central Government.

Apart from DOB, Educational, Leaving and other certificates as mentioned in the form, submit attested copies of All pages of your logbook.

And after you have done that, do as Jimmy said, check the PPL box.

All the best.
Write your experience here. It will help others.

jishnucr
22nd Aug 2010, 03:40
Do I really need the foreign CPL for the conversion exam? or can i attend it with some flying hours? coz i'll have to come to India soon for some other reason, so what i was thinking was to do the conversion exams (someone told me I only need some flying hours to write the conversion exams) and come back & finish the course.

By the way I have 68.8 solo now. I'm in Basair Australia.

I'll re-apply for the computer number with PPL box checked.

Thank you all for the help..

silent_scream
22nd Aug 2010, 05:18
You are not completely aware of the procedures.
Here's what you need read. It will keep your Sunday busy, but will let you enjoy many more sundays in future.

http://dgca.nic.in/forms/Pilot/pilotexam.pdf
LICENSING RULES AND REGULATIONS (http://www.dgca.nic.in/licencing/conver.htm)
SECTION A GENERAL (http://dgca.nic.in/schedules/sections.htm)

Read through the Form's line by line and also the Instructions.

Besides these, there are various threads regarding conversion of license to Indian CPL with lots of Information in this forum.
Read through them and you will know exactly what you are looking at.
Plan accordingly and it should all work out.

avalanche007
22nd Aug 2010, 05:56
Do I really need the foreign CPL for the conversion exam?

yes you certainly need your foreign cpl to attempt cpl conversion exams in india
if you dont have then you will have to give general exams but still that can be used to convert your foreign cpl to indian

when i was applying for my exams, i had pass my cpl flight test but did not have cpl licence with me so i had to appear for general papers of met, nav and regs

flight517
22nd Aug 2010, 10:39
Do I really need the foreign CPL for the conversion exam?
yes as avalanche said you need a foreign cpl to apply for the nav composite exam, but you can apply for the composite with your temporary cpl also.That is what i did while applying, i submitted my temporary FAA cpl for the nav composite and it worked.

jishnucr
23rd Aug 2010, 06:07
When you are at lower end of hours, while applying for computer number apply for "PPL" as category

I re-attested a copy of the computer number application from
http://dgca.nic.in/forms/Pilot/compno_pilot.pdf

In this form there is no option to select whether its for PPL or CPL.

Thank you everyone for the support.