PDA

View Full Version : ME/North African Airlines Hiring...?

Cabair351
21st Aug 2010, 05:47
Hi,

I am approaching the 1700TT mark (almost 1500 hours on the 737). I have always wanted to work in the Middle East and was wondering which airline were hiring for pilots matching my experience.

Thanks in advance.

BIGBAD
21st Aug 2010, 09:37
fly dubai - on 737 ??

Qatar - on 777 ??

kotakota
21st Aug 2010, 10:49
Certainly NOT flyubai - they require ' at least 2500 hours TT ' . They want FOs who can move to LHS sooner than later .
Requirement may change in a year or two as and when upgrade rate slows somewhat .

SassyPilotsWife
23rd Aug 2010, 03:26
Whats the loss to go ahead and apply ?

Whats the loss if you never apply ?

Old flying buddy #1 " Hey John, you know I'm looking for some new recruits but so far only getting apps from guys with turbo prop etc.

Old flying buddy #2 " Well our requirements are no less than 2500TT but I did get an app from a guy with 1500TT, I'll send him a nice rejection letter with your contact details if ya want."

you know the rest :)

might not happen with all airlines but it has happened before.

A great pilot once told me " any interview you can get gives you experience and confidence for the next one"

Best of luck.

Panama Jack
23rd Aug 2010, 05:55
I will have to agree with SassyPilotsWife. I know of a few people who have been hired by airlines in the past even thought their qualifications were less than those stated as "minimum."

Either they had other qualifications that were very impressive (let's face it, not many pilots start on a 737 at 250 hours total time), or because of a lack of supply. Sometimes the "minimums" are part of a "fishing expedition."

Go ahead, apply. You never know! Good luck!

THR MCT
23rd Aug 2010, 08:48
Furthmore if you apply with QTR "with the experience you have on Boeing" for sure this is the right time and I'm confident the least you can get is DEC on B777 and probably after 3 month you can expect a TRI position and another 3 month you become TRE after 6 weeks definitely you will be part of the Management Dream Team .:{
Just give it a try and you will see how right I was, don't waste any minute just apply this is a golden oportunity in QR seize it.:ugh:

Good Luck:ok:

Be safe fly high and fast

TM

Cabair351
29th Aug 2010, 10:46
THR MCT - Thanks... (I think).

To all the other posters (a definite) thanks for the information and advice.