PDA

View Full Version : Beijing ~ Europe Airfrance or BA Premium Economy?

supers54
20th Aug 2010, 04:04
As per title I have an upcoming return trip to multiple destinations in Europe from Beijing (using either Heathrow or CDG as is base is OK). As a business trip in my company I only have the option of purchasing an economy class ticket, best option in this class appears to be either AF or BA premium economy. I've flown BA premium on this route before but never AF, however for follow on internal flights in Europe AF is a slightly better option. Apreciate if anyone can help with the following;

1) Are AF offering their "new" premium economy cabin on this route consistently and is it "better" than the BA premium?
2) Who is more likely to be striking August 25th to September 25th, BA or French ATC?!
3) Any other flight options to consider?

In terms of personal preferance, seat space, in seat power and shortest duration flights are the top 3.

catber
20th Aug 2010, 14:35
I can't comment on preferences for premium economy: never used it, but I would fly AF by preference.

However, check your transfers in Paris, as AF will often route you in to CDG and out of ORY (or the reverse), and that's a pain.

The IFE selection in English might be wider on the BA flight, if you don't speak French... if that's a consideration!

supers54
21st Aug 2010, 07:13
Thanks catbar, double checked and all transfers are out of CDG. IFE is not an issue as I generally load up the laptop and use it instead.

Lotpax
21st Aug 2010, 07:22
Supers54

The only thing that might persuade me to avoid AF is the seat recline, which appears to use a similar mechanism to the Cathay seat, which has generated a lot of unfavourable comments about comfort.

I have not used this AF seat, so cannot comment from personal experience - anyone else tried it yet?

supers54
23rd Aug 2010, 02:30
Am a little worried about the seat too, however I haven't found any negative comments so far in the googling I've done. I like the idea of the shellback and am hoping it's similar to EVA's premium economy rather than the Cathay version. Anyone here with first hand experience?