PDA

View Full Version : CPL revalidation

Dreamlairiner_340
19th Aug 2010, 07:03
Hi guys,

I have completed my CPL with ME IR last year Oct and didn't manage to get anything job-wise, now comes the time to spend more money on the revalidation of my COM, and in that sense I need some clarification from anyone conversant with this.

1) I will have to do 3hrs PIC am i right?(since i have not flown at all)
2) How is the revalidation conducted? I need to do it in a SIM I know and I can do a single engine this time around am i right?
3) Where would you advise I do my revalidation, am looking for an affordable training institution not the expensive ones?

4) Am looking forward to doing a C182 and C172 conversion, any advise on where's the cheapest place I could do that?
5) Am equally planning a C206 conversion, can i get some info similar to 5 above.

Thanks,
Ziyaad

P.S any pointers on where would be the best place to look for jobs currently, I know Namibia season over in jul, and Maun season starting only in Jan...anywhere else i can try my luck?

Turbine9
20th Aug 2010, 01:41
1) You need a Check-Ride before you can conduct your 3hrs pic"90 day recency" correct
2)May conduct in single engine, FNT2 Sim approved for IFR validation may be used
3)flying is not cheap,it will cost you a arm and leg in anycase
4)if you have any other cessna models in same catagory "DIFERENCES TRAINING" could be done , budget for approx R1300-00 Dual p/h for c172.
5) If you have no Prior Cessna experience, it could be abit tricky to adjust from a high to low wing fimiliarisation, Expect 6-10hours for a Full SAFE conversion ,since i Assume its your initial Turbine transition, you wouldnt want to cook the PT6 ,Extra`s for your knowledge and advantage would be: Multi Crew Course,Crm,dangerous goods,fire fighting,sept,rvsm.

As for the Job aspect ,No Comment what so ever :sad:

:ok: