PDA

View Full Version : Job in United States as flight instructor

ClImB nD MaInTaIn
18th Aug 2010, 18:29
Hey guys,please help me out with some query,I am from India having FAA CPL with ME+IR,i am interested in getting CFI rating,So i want to know after getting my CFI rating ,am i eligible to work in United States as flight instructor....

thanks...

BritishGuy
18th Aug 2010, 20:11
You won't be eligible to work in the US unless you have a valid work visa of sort. Just because you do a CFI rating won't make you eligible for a work visa. There used to be the 'J-1' visa available for CFI's but that too has ceased. It was a good program and I know many foreign students who got their CFI tickets then instructed until they got their ATP ticket then went back home. (some stayed on - but that's another story! ;)

I would say if you get your CFI/CFII/MEI, do your AGI/IGI (not because you need it but to make yourself stand out 'just a little more'), then I know Saudi Arabia has a few flight schools that seem to have a revolving door (as far as flight instructors seem to go). Try your luck with them - without the hours (dual given) as many qualifications as you can show the better.

Just my 2 pence worth.

ClImB nD MaInTaIn
19th Aug 2010, 16:30
really appreciated ........thanks a lot

thepotato232
19th Aug 2010, 16:31
Right-to-work issues aside, there is no market for CFIs in the USA right now. The current crop can barely find work as it is with the drop in local students, and stagnation at the regional airline level means that fewer of them can move on the the usual "next step". Would recommend employment in a contract capacity elsewhere. China and Saudi seem to be decent bets. Good luck to you, wherever you end up.

aviator_24
4th Sep 2010, 04:29
british guy can u suggest some flight schools in saudi?
thanks