PDA

View Full Version : EZY/Parc leave entitlement

billybuds
18th Aug 2010, 17:23
Those of us working at EZY through Parc were told when we started our 6 month contract, that we were unable to take any leave over the period.

Our contracts have been extended until the beginning of next summer, still on the flexi scheme. As far as leave goes, we have just been informed that we are now entitled to take one block of 6/7 days until the beginning of next summer. With no way of scheduling this block between days off (giving 10/11 days off in a row).

Anyone know what the legal entitlement is (if any) for contractors? As 6 days leave a year, sounds a little on the stingy side to say the least!

superced
18th Aug 2010, 17:57
Shame on this company....that's disgusting....

pitot_noob
18th Aug 2010, 19:17
Congrats on getting it extended!

RHINO
18th Aug 2010, 19:18
suggest you contact BALPA

superced
18th Aug 2010, 21:30
Balpa :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Doug the Head
19th Aug 2010, 02:30
I'm sure it's all one big misunderstanding, after all EZY is a 'career' airline...

Could someone more positive (read: naive!) please put a proper propaganda spin on it?

I mean, one block of 6/7 days leave...in 12 months, that's jolly good isn't it? What are you complaining about? Real sweat shop employees sowing together tennis shoes in SE Asia probably don't even get any vacation! You're there to work mate, just like those idiots selling their soul and their fixed roster this summer in return for a bit more cash and a flexi roster. By the way, is everybody enjoying themselves this summer? :ugh:

As for BALPA....don't hold your breath... :8

Dan Winterland
19th Aug 2010, 02:41
A whole year with only a week off. And 900 hours per annum as well no doubt. I suspect chronic fatigue must be a real issue

And I'm sure any AME would agree!

Taltop
19th Aug 2010, 04:11
always nice to see something like this "behind bars" I guess:ugh:
normal airline schedule/roster is 15 days on, 15 days off, maybe 2 days stby. If you work for a charter company or mixed schedule and charter it is even better: 12 days on and the rest off, roster in advance and maximum 1 change per year unless youself need to change it in case grandpa dies :hmm: and you need 3 more days off (paid).

superced
19th Aug 2010, 07:18
Doug totally agreee with you...

This low cost is really getting too far......Now it's a safety issue.

ZAV
19th Aug 2010, 09:29
A contractor via an employment agency is entitled to the same terms and conditions as the employees of the company. It is illegal not to give annual leave

abfgh
19th Aug 2010, 10:11
Been in easy for years, I had no leave since February and my first block of leave is in December......:yuk:

Mr Angry from Purley
19th Aug 2010, 10:48
zav
Your talking the UK here mate not Belguim. The statutory is 28 days for a FTE.
Normally a contractor accrue's leave as part of the contract (in the airline i work for 2 days a month so 12 for 6 months contract). If no leave is included in the contract then by extending it another 6 months and only giving 7 days is a bit stingy and i guess you'll also get it in November when no-one normally wants leave. However i suspect if you've been getting more than min days off EZY might suggest that some of these days can count towards the 28 minimum. Either way i'd get some advice on it as it doesn't sound right.:\

Ancient Observer
19th Aug 2010, 11:31
I suspect that there is a definition issue here.
Mr Angry is probably in the right area, and ZAV is correct also. ...............although those agencies that claim not to employ you - calling you "self employed" do sail close to the wind.
Mr Angry's defined min of 28 days paid is spot on.
Different employers define days differently................a "normal" day off for one employer might be defined as a day's leave by another.

Employees faced with this situation need to keep detailed records - not just against the 900 hours, but about their days "on" and "off" and how they appear to be defined by both the AOC holder and the agency............and if what you are told doesn't sound right, put it in writing to the employer.

In the end, you might have to pay for some advice.

RAT 5
23rd Aug 2010, 10:14
If they are so desperate for you to be there working (crew shortage) and as tey will not want to spend time & money on another OCC for new crews, I would have thought you have a strong bargaining chip to tell them what YOU are going to do, rather than a 'please sir, do you mind if I get my rights.' Possession of legal facts will avoid an awful lot of blah blah tennis type conversations. As with most airlines they will push you to the limit and try to creap a little beyond. Push back with just cause and they usually backdown very quickly.

Taltop
30th Aug 2010, 01:48
RAT5 :ok::ok::ok:

Pilot Chris
1st Sep 2010, 09:29
Was talking to one Parc flexi pilot who demanded his legal number of days off, he was told that he needed to take it up with his employer, which is of course himself as he is a Director of his own limited company through the Irish tax scam system... so he needs to sue himself to get his legal minimum days off. You couldn't make this stuff up.