PDA

View Full Version : Apply to Air Japan 767 contract

SeanJ
17th Aug 2010, 18:58
I am going to apply to CReW and PARC Air Japan jobs (767 FO) but I have some questions. I'm looking for the most up to date answers since many threads have gone unanswered for a while...

First of all, are they still hiring FOs? From what I understand, they aren't hiring Captains because they're taking upgrades from current FOs.

How would I commute from Guam? ZED fare tickets on DL and CO? Jumpseating on somebody?

I understand the schedules are (according to PARC and CReW websites) 20/21 on and 8 off, how accurate is this? Do you have 1 day off here and there and 8 days consecutive off some other time each month? Guam is only 3:30 from NRT, could I go home periodically during the 20/21 day work stretches?

Which contractor is better to work for - PARC or CReW? Why?

Are the pay rates listed on CReW's website accurate? Are they the same for PARC? (PARC doesn't list the pay on their website)

How will merging with ANA and JP express affect the Air Japan operation. It looks like everyone will just be flying to more cities and doing some cargo, is this accurate? What other changes? Less hiring? More hiring?

I've searched all over for Japanese flight time/ duty time limitations, but the only references I can find are more then 10 years old. Can someone clarify these/ point me to an up to date source?

I've read through some of the other forums, but forgive me if I've asked questions that have been answered already. Again, I'm just looking to be the most up to date.

Thanks everyone!

SeanJ
17th Aug 2010, 21:02
Lets say I finish training, fly for a year, then decide I hate it (I can't imagine that would happen but just for the purposes of this thread pretend like it did) and quit, would I have to pay a certain amount for breaking the contract?

thanks

SeanJ
17th Aug 2010, 22:22
One more

are PARC's and CReW's contracts the same? PARC has not a lot of info on their website like CReW does

Fratemate
17th Aug 2010, 23:11
Get yourself several cups of tea and settle down for the night with this thread. All your questions will be answered:

AJX Stuff (http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/247182-b767-ana-jp-express.html)

SeanJ
17th Aug 2010, 23:30
Thanks mate... is everything in that thread still current? It goes from 2006 thru now

Fratemate
18th Aug 2010, 07:43
No worries. Yes, it's up-to-date and we still don't know what the changes will be as a result of the merger between pax and cargo. So far it's made no difference but, then again, the pax conversion courses have only just started.....give me strength :ugh:

Uncle Wiggily
18th Aug 2010, 09:37
and have fun completing the application. It will get reviewed and rejected a few times due to the most minute detail. Parc actually dedicates a team to deal with this particular job application's ability to resemble a game of tennis between them and the Japanese aviation auth. should only take 7 or 8 months.

PoinDextir
19th Aug 2010, 04:03
May I suggest going anywhere else but AJX if you have ANY stable employment anywhere! The stories we have been hearing recently from those in the training pipeline now will make you want to seek employment anywhere else. As others have stated, read CAREFULLY all the info about ANA and the training here, there is a reason there are hundreds of posts on it - mostly negative!

SeanJ
19th Aug 2010, 14:32
Allright, what are those in the training pipeline right now saying?

Absolutely
20th Aug 2010, 07:22
If you found flight duty limits from 10 years ago then these are up to date! More than likely been up to date for the last 50 years! (Assuming they are the pure JCAB Flight Duty Limits and not the ANA or JAL pilots union limits)

They are scandalous and would not be legal in 99% of other countries. 12 hours stick time and 15 hours duty (2 crew). 9 to 12 hours rest and then do it again. Multiple sectors, day, night, time zones - doesn't matter, and yes they schedule to it.

GooneyCaptain
24th Aug 2010, 14:20
I just met an expat who is flying for ANA - he said, he flies 50-60 hours a month - the Japanese are lazy and don't like to work hard - end quote. Is he a liar?

E165
25th Aug 2010, 08:10
I just met an expat who is flying for ANA - he said, he flies 50-60 hours a month - the Japanese are lazy and don't like to work hard - end quote. Is he a liar?

Are you f#%$'n stupid, ignorant, or just dumb? Hope you weren't serious with your question...

Jetaim
26th Sep 2010, 09:13
Hello

I'm trying to reapply to AJV/X. My first application was unsuccesfull due to some minor details. I meet abundantly all requirements but
I'm trying to work out the best way to fill the application in regards of flight times. I have a problem since I flew under FAA, National DGAC and then JAR rules and I have at least 4 different logbooks.
My biggest issue is the X country time. I have logged the X country on my FAA log book at the time of my initial training but not on the others.
On the requirements list from the agency I see my log book should have a XC columns wich on my non FAA and most recent logbooks doesn't exist.
Do they want to see only the min for licensing or shall I relog all flights to another airport more than 50 NM away as X country including the commercial flying. Consider I have more then 8000 hrs TT ...

Absolutely
27th Sep 2010, 12:07
X-Country doesn't exist in a lot of countries log books. Any flight from A to B, outside of a training area, is cross country so log it as such.

dogtired
16th Oct 2010, 09:39
Has anyone been invited for an interview lately?

Aerodmb
7th Nov 2010, 16:09
Any updates on this contract?