PDA

View Full Version : Questions concerning Operation 737

Speedwinner
17th Aug 2010, 15:32
Hey folks,

1. Concerning a missed approach. For example the missed approach says "straight ahead to 5000ft and 10NM from the airport dme. Whichever is later" and the missed approach point is AT the airport dme station. WHY??? Doesnst make sense at all to me. I do brief the MAP but most of all im not quiete aware how to make it pratical. Any hints on that?

2. Concerning a cold aircraft, 737. Putting the generators on bus, all ok. They drop online but while switching through the ac indications, the voltage is 140 or out of scale. After 8 minutes they get normal. Why is that? Any ideas?

Thanks to you

SW

BOAC
17th Aug 2010, 15:40
1) What is the query? Which airfield?
2) Define 'cold' and a/c type ie 200/Classic/NG?

B777Heavy
17th Aug 2010, 15:47
2. Concerning a cold aircraft, 737. Putting the generators on bus, all ok. They drop online but while switching through the ac indications, the voltage is 140 or out of scale. After 8 minutes they get normal. Why is that? Any ideas?

Never noticed...

@BOAC, think he implies a "powered down" one

Speedwinner
17th Aug 2010, 16:09
Hey!

A 737 classic. Nobody some thoughts for the missed approach?

B777Heavy
17th Aug 2010, 16:58
Dont think i quite comprehend what you are asking with regards to the Missed approach

BOAC
17th Aug 2010, 17:11
Hey! These are STILL my thoughts:ugh:1) What is the query? Which airfield?

Speedwinner
17th Aug 2010, 18:21
Ok Why do i define a Missed Approach Point and Brief it when the missed Approach procedure goes rwy Track till 15nm out.Why?

BOAC
17th Aug 2010, 18:52
You do understand what a 'MAP' is, don't you?

I suppose one answer out of two is not that bad these days:ugh:

Callsign Kilo
17th Aug 2010, 19:42
HEY! Do you have an IR?.....seriously? :hmm:

bArt2
17th Aug 2010, 19:57
I do brief the MAP but most of all im not quiete aware how to make it pratical

:confused: It should work in this order:

Read the missed approach.
Understand the missed approach, and look for nice to know things for example are there are turns to get you around "cumulus granitus".
Figure out how you would perform it if needed (goes together with point 2 in fact).
Verify that it is in the system correctly (if you have one).
When both pilots are in the loop, briefing.Don't go to step 5 if you did not perform step 2 successfully :E.

Bart.

By the way I too don't fully understand what it is you are asking.

RobinR200
20th Aug 2010, 20:03
HeŽs probably bothered by the fact that u may start ur turn in the missed approach after reaching the MAPt. Since in this case the missed approach is being defined as straight ahead, there is no turn at all obviously. So why brief it in this case?

Guess one of the answers could be: airmanship. Do NOT try to modify the procedures for privat reasons. Next time when u need a turn, uŽll forget to brief it.