PDA

View Full Version : CRM & DG Courses in Europe

Thilo
17th Aug 2010, 13:26
Hi Group
I have been doing my CRM & DG courses in South Africa for the past 12 years. I am moving my base back to Europe.
I have already inquired with UK schools giving those courses, but they are tailor made for specific companies, they don't really cater for the "freelance" pilots.
Where can I take those courses in the EU? They can be in French or German as well.
Thanks for any advice.
Thilo

paco
17th Aug 2010, 14:35
We run both of those - specially for single pilot operations, one day long - pm me for details. First availability is back end of September

I should mention that's DG awareness

Phil

Thilo
18th Aug 2010, 06:58
Hi Phil
Thanks for the reply.
Who is running the courses?
I need to book for a CRM initial and a DG course in mid January 2011.
Thilo

paco
18th Aug 2010, 14:13
I do the courses - we try to run them in the beginning of each month, but in Jan is more likely to be the third week.

"Veritair/Cardiff previously enjoyed CRM cover as part of British International and last Monday was the first time since we had "escaped" that airline world that we had used a different source of CRM Training. Let me say immediately the previous BI courses was extremely thorough but had little real relevance to the operation of a small JAR Ops Operator. Perhaps constructive if I was to advise that the course based on Phil Coucher's model/syllabus was first rate! Areas of particular value not covered before included "Captaincy", an area neglected in recent years by the civil training world. Not only that, but a direct tie up was made during the course between "Captaincy" and the day to day relevancy/role that pilots often working on their own in a smaller non airline operator. All good valuable stuff not covered before on previous courses. Airline/multi crew type courses (are) often of dubious value to a small operator's pilots. Issues ranging from an awareness to corporate responsibility to evaluating risk far better covered. Bearing in mind that the three Veritair pilots present (plus an air crewman) none of which had ever been through a military/training environment which increasingly will be the case these days. Thus "Captaincy" was never really addressed I suspect. As an employer with corporate responsibility I see significant value to the inclusion of awareness to the whole area of "Captaincy" that simply qualifying to fly an aircraft never touches upon in training generally. All told my team left the room better and safer individuals. The course/syllabus was truly worth praise. Perhaps you will allow me to consider myself a "doubting Thomas" converted to CRM!"

Rgds
Julian Verity, Managing Director

Full details here:
Caledonian Advanced Pilot Training - CRM (http://www.captonline.com/CRM.html)

phil