PDA

View Full Version : Any LHR Spotters Logs for 1969???

Meehan Mydogg
16th Aug 2010, 10:50
Hi,

As I write this, I know full well that it's a long-shot. But maybe, just maybe, someone out there has the answer.

On Tuesday 11th November, 1969, I flew from LHR to JFK on TWA Boeing 707 flight TW700. It was my first ever international journey, and I was wondering if there was any way of discovering the registration of the aeroplane I flew on.

The flight departed Heathrow around lunch time, (possibly 1230 UTC, but I'm not sure), and arrived JFK around the same time Local.

I know the captain's name was Ross Adams, and the stewardess was Carole Kus, but I do not have the registration. I even have a photo of myself, aged 13yrs, on the flight deck with Captain Adams, taken after arrival at JFK. (I have scanned that for the registration placard on the panel, but without success.)

Any long-in-the-tooth spotters out there with an LHR log for 11th November,1969 at all?

Or can anyone suggest another source of the information I seek?

Avman
16th Aug 2010, 13:20
The problem is that I doubt if any spotters would have noted the flight number together with the reg, and TWA had more than one flight per day of course. I've had equally frustrating experiences with DC-6s and DC-7s of SABENA I flew on in the late fifties, not to mention a BEA Ambassador (1955)and several of their DC-3s (1959-1960).