PDA

View Full Version : JAA ATPL exams CQB15

B767PL
16th Aug 2010, 10:48
Hey guys,

Anybody on here taken the ATPL exams using the new CQB15 question bank?

I know not all states are using it, but I know some are.

If so, what did you use for study, and how did you do? Any observations/tips?

Thanks! :ok:

======================

Also for anybody reading who has taken the Air Law exam, regardless of question bank, did you use any programs for study? And if so, which, and how similar were they to the exam?

INNflight
16th Aug 2010, 13:01
Also for anybody reading who has taken the Air Law exam, regardless of question bank, did you use any programs for study? And if so, which, and how similar were they to the exam?

Err... the Air Law textbook may be a place to start?! :zzz:

B767PL
17th Aug 2010, 10:11
Thanks for the tip, wiseguy.

humanperformer
17th Aug 2010, 12:32
it was all qb when i did it a couple of year ago..

don't bother readind the books..:)

if in doubt you could always learn the material :ok:

pitot_noob
17th Aug 2010, 12:45
You might want to listen to the "wiseguy".

I did my last set of exams in June last year, I think air law didn't have many database Qs in if I remember correctly.

As always, learn the material and then revise with questions.
You may well appreciate the knowledge later on, especially when you get quizzed on all the separation minima in your airline interview.. :8

B767PL
17th Aug 2010, 15:38
Thanks guys.

Yea I looked through the book already. Memorized the question bank as well for the most part.

Air Law is one of those topics that is hard to get an "understanding of" considering it is about 670 pages worth of regulations, facts, and statements that you have to memorize, that you are randomly quizzed on.

pitot-noob - Does anything stick out in your memory from the Air Law exam? I'm planning on sitting 5 subjects this time around, with Air Law being one of them, and I must say studying that one is the cure for insomnia.

pitot_noob
17th Aug 2010, 16:17
I'm afraid it was a bit too long ago to remember! If, as you say, you've gone through the book and done the questions, then I'm sure you will be fine!

Best of luck with it!

B767PL
17th Aug 2010, 17:01
Thanks mate. Mostly I have been looking through questions for Air Law, read some of the book, but honestly skipped a few parts, and didnt do the whole thing. No way I could remember all of that so I tried to hit the main parts that seem to come up often in the question banks. I guess we will see. Will still go over the book a bit more before exams in 2 days tho.

I've heard of guys who never even touched the book and passed some of the exams just off the question banks, like humanperformer mentioned, haha. Guess it depends on how lucky you get with the questions. Thanks!

pitot_noob
17th Aug 2010, 17:16
Yo,
Yeh, i'm sure you could pass the exam without opening the book (well, if you're lucky anyway!).

But remember the bigger picture... and why you are learning it.
At my recent interview with an airline I was asked a number of air law questions, and you can't turn around and say "sorry, that wasn't on the database!"

So whilst you can prep again before an interview, IMO it helps to get a foundation knowledge down in your head prior to revising when you get the call.

Aussie John
30th Aug 2010, 12:04
this will sort you out:

FlyingExam.com: JAA Question Bank only £9.99 /€11.99, JAA CQB, ATPL Online Central Question Bank: (http://www.flyingexam.com)

lasseb
30th Aug 2010, 19:05
or try The JAA Online Question bank (http://www.jaaqb.com) , or http://www.aviationexam.com

And there really isn't much different between QBxx and QByy...
Anyhow there's no requirement for the CAA to "upgrade" or follow the version of the central QB.. They can pick any number of questions from it as they see fit totally disregarding versions.
(and since each JAR state use different syllabus revision it would not make sense any other way)

B767PL
8th Sep 2010, 10:22
Thanks guys.

After CQB15 being used for a while now in at least my JAA country, it seems there are significant differences in Radio and General Navigation, where the question banks cover only or not even 50% of the questions.

If anybody has any feedback on these two, or other topics from the new QB anything would be much appreciated. Seems there are no examples online of the new question types.

dcoded
8th Sep 2010, 11:25
I was part of a group who started to read ATPL after 1 September 2008.
In my country we were the first who was under the new Learning Objectives.

So all the test we wrote for the Swedish CAA was with the new CBQ15.

I had no troubles with Air Law but there were quite a few new questions if you compared it to Bristol. At that time bristol only had Version 1 and 2.

But I found out that a lot of questions from version 1 appeared in the SCAA exam.

When it commes to the other subjects, you can PM me for more details...