PDA

View Full Version : FAA,OFT or EFT

Clintonb
16th Aug 2010, 00:42
so my choice has come down to these 3 schools in Florida id like to get my JAA fATPL and hopefully work in Europe.So i have these 3 options which all 3 could be good and beneficial or they might not be. So here my options and let me know what you think and if anyone has gone to any of these schools..

Option 1
Go to Florida aviation academy do the FAA part 141 commercial single and multi course 0-205hrs done in 12 weeks for $38000 including living expenses. leaving me with PPL, CPL, SE/ME +instruments and hour building. Ill do the ATPL distance learning as florida aviation academy dont do JAA licensing and then convert my FAA CPL IR to a JAA CPL IR ( is this correct you convert your FAA IR to a JAA IR??? or do you need to convert more?)
Ab Initio Programs (http://www.flaviationacademy.com/ab_initio.html)

Option 2

Go to Orland Flight training do the pro pilot course for $56000 excluding the FAA-JAA conversion fee of GBP7000.. finish training in 11 months leaving with a JAA fATPL 0-200hrs
private pilot, learn to fly with Orlando Flight Training (http://www.flyoft.com/pro_pilot_course.php)

option 3

go to European Flight Training do the airline pilot course for $60000 includes housing finish training in 11 months leaving with a JAA fATPL +JAA and FAA instructors rating.

info on this link
http://www.flyeft.com/library/JAAAPP.jpg

also options 2 and 3 especially option 3 they go through the whole FAA and JAA licenses is it necessary seeing that you in the US to be also doing the JAA license eg JAA PPL???
i know in order to do the JAA ATPL you would need to have a JAA CPL IR which you would do in europe, going back to the beginning of this post in option1.
plus they say you finish the course in 46 weeks which is hard to believe if you going have to do all 21 exams for the JAA licenses it would usually take about 18 months including hr building but im going by schools predictions in europe.

So with the calculations trying to get it correct to the last cent option 1 would be the cheapest out of the 3, even with converting FAA-JAA,maybe not by much but hey if you get to save few thousand bucks it helps and still get everything done in the same time as the other 2 options. Thing is, is option 1 correct could i do all FAA licenses convert and do the JAA ATPL distance learning or i could be wrong and looking at figures for it that are making it look cheap. so if anyone has gone that route please let me know if you did save a bit of money or just be making life harder than doing it all at once at the same school

plus if anyone really knows the pricing lets say for option 3 sounds great 60k you also come out of there with your instructors rating which is a good thing to have but would it just be cheaper to do it separately or would that course at that price be a bargain :ugh:

Thanks for your time any information on shedding some light would be much appreciated

Have a great weekend