PDA

View Full Version : Dispatcher training

Alfisti
15th Aug 2010, 19:12
Hi,
i am having trouble passing my flight medical and am now seriously considering to study as a flight dispatcher, as this is probably the closest i will get to actually flying the aircraft.i am not sure if this will be the rite direction for me to take as flying is my 1st passion and therefore i would like to hear from current aircraft dispatchers what the job is actually like? and to please give me some advice as to how difficult it is to find work once you are qualified and also what sort of salary one can expect to earn as a aircraft dispatcher (minimum to highest paid). Also how much experience one needs to have to apply to a big airline, and also how difficult it would be to find work overseas with a South African caa flight dispatchers licence? Any advice or any other information on this matter will REALLY be greatly appreciated. Also if you could advice me as to how difficult it is to get yourself promoted in this field. If you know of anywhere i could look on the internet for some good sound advice perhaps that would also help, cause i`ve tried looking but i can`t seem to find the information i`m looking for.

PLEASE HELP :ugh: