PDA

View Full Version : Executive Air BGI

treesurgeon
15th Aug 2010, 10:41
It has been reported by a reliable source that Executive Air in Barbados is currently under investigation, following an incident about a week ago at BGI involving their aircraft 8P-EAA, a Cessna 421.

The source reports that at the time there was challenging weather conditions on the field, such that an Americal Airlines aircraft (type not specified) inbound executed a missed approach. At some time after, and presumably before the weather had cleared, the subject aircraft landed, discharged its passengers (which included the Leader of the Opposition Ms. Mia Mottley), and while crossing the runway to the hanger, ran out of fuel.

It is therefore frightening to think that, had the aircraft been forced to do a go-around like the AA aircraft, it could have run out of fuel while still in the air, with very serious implications for the airline and the country had the Leader of the Opposition and her party been injured or killed. And all because the malfunctioning fuel gauges had not been properly reported to maintenance, under pressure from the management (both brother and sister).

Small airlines such as Executive Air are very much at risk, and require constant oversight. Having been involved in aviation for some time, and at Executive Air as well, I myself have seen instances of cutting corners, dangerous practices, and mechanical failures that should not have been. One can only hope that this investigation will be conducted swiftly and seriously, and that the local Civil Aviation office will grow a pair to do what they have been hired to do.

HighFlyer182
31st Jan 2011, 19:07
Well I also come to understand this isn't the only incident or sketchy occurence to take place in this company...I understand there are other COUNTLESS issues with this company....leaves one to wonder...:uhoh: