View Full Version : Moving from Darwin to Bris and looking for reliable road/rail freight

Aerohooligan
15th Aug 2010, 08:10
Hi all,

I'm relocating to Brisbane temporarily and have too much stuff to get on the Jet* flight. I would have driven but the car I have in Darwin is less reliable and more broken than most of the current GA fleet (put it in perspective?;)) so I'm ditching it.

My question is to anyone who has done NT->East Coast or vice versa: do you recommend or know of any good road or rail freight companies that are reliable but not ludicrously expensive? I need to transport a medium sized suitcase and a small packing box.

If anyone has any answers, please reply or PM, it would be much appreciated. I've been doing my own research of course, but it's always nice to indulge in a bit of Gen-Y behaviour and try to scab off someone who's already put in the leg work. :}

Cheers
Aero

Car RAMROD
15th Aug 2010, 08:33
Try Australia Post

Australia Post - Parcel dimensions (http://auspost.com.au/personal/parcel-dimensions.html)

They have told me previously when I have enquired that they will handle a suitcase- obviously provided it does not exceed the weight and size limitations.
Normal boxes, plastic boxes etc too, all ok.

On the home page you can also calculate approximate cost to send the parcel; just plug in the dimensions, weight and postcodes and a price will come up.

Post can sometimes be easier and cheaper than a freight or courier company.

Aerohooligan
15th Aug 2010, 08:35
They were on my list to check out, then I forgot all about them. Trust me to not remember the most obvious choice. :O cheers for that, will give em a try. :ok:

morno
15th Aug 2010, 08:40
Failing that, try Greyhound Buses. They do freight as well.

morno

multime
15th Aug 2010, 10:03
Don,t know about gen Y.
But try.
Backloads @ removal transport. 1800 800 323.