PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar and The outsourcing gang

Jet Jockey
13th Aug 2010, 22:23
I heard from a mate that Jetstar out sourced it Load and Balance to a 3rd party in Manila some months back. Boston Bruce thought it so successfull that they also out sourced flight planning to Manila a few weeks back and sacked nearly all the oz despatch department. I hear 50% of flights plans now contain errors with serious mistakes and the pilots can not even speak to the person that made the plan. How does CASA let them keep their ETOPS approval with this sort of thing going on. Sounds woeful some of the stories coming out of the place.
Same source tells me they just outsourced crewing functions to Manila as well.
I have also heard they have been running the last of oz international flight attendants into the ground with dutys up to 16hrs and 12 day trips so they will leave and can be replaced with the $650per month Sinapore girls. Sounds like the new Singapore-Melbourne flights will be ferrying a large contingent of cheap overseas crew most flights. Most of the Sydney base now is foreign crew.
I sure hope the government can see this outfit for what it truly is before we have our 1st distaster.

laser650
14th Aug 2010, 00:06
:ugh:
Well Dick Smith was on telly about his Population control and somewhat wanting to make Australia a more sustainable country, (along those lines).

But this is where governments need to stand up for Australia, stop the cheap overseas labour, not only for this eg for jetstar, but the telcos as well. We have the appropriate trained crew, keep it that BLOODY way!

Where are we going????:ugh:

ferris
14th Aug 2010, 02:47
It might be more palatable if what was good for the goose was good for the gander. When is the management team going to outsource itself? Plenty of capable MBAs in Manila/India etc. Disgraceful.

zed583
14th Aug 2010, 03:14
Yes they are definately trying to get rid of the last of the auussie FA's. A really nice cm I was flying with last nite is being driven into the ground, just pulled her third 19 hr duty for the month the other day, say's she will not last much longer at this rate.

DEFCON4
14th Aug 2010, 04:57
Fatigue protocols are in place for everyone's protection.
If you are too tired to perform yor safety duties effectively dont go to work.
Your life and someone elses may be in jeopardy

standard unit
14th Aug 2010, 06:11
The rub being of course that Jetstar and QF for that matter have a FA business model in place whereby they only employ the exploitable.

Young, inexperienced and easily bullied gen-y-ers who aren't smart enough to see [or act against] what's being done to them.

Their parents are to blame...........:ugh:

flyingfrenchman
14th Aug 2010, 06:34
Hey,

All sound like very good reasons to attend the meeting on the 23rd! This is not just about pilots, it is all crew, engineers, ops staff and the future generations of Australians that (funnily enough) expect to be able to get a well paid job working on Australian shores!

Lets show some spine and not be scared of the past.

Cheers
Frenchy

lunars
14th Aug 2010, 06:44
All of us together can make a difference
lets fight this B..**** by the BB and his clans at the Jetstar
lets go for the meeting speak to people
lets get the right group this time
lets stick together

FIGHT this with our sweat and blood

comeon guys lets for once believe in our true Aussie spirit
Which our past generations have fought hard

COME ON LETS DO IT .......
ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE

LETS SET AN EXAMPLE WITH OUR ATTITUDE

LETS TEACH THESE ASS.....A LESSON

ManillaChillaDilla
14th Aug 2010, 07:23
Its not surprising to see the lepers of the Australian industry at it again. The Flight ops "management" team have once again set out to shaft every Australian pilot. And they consider themselves pilots!! :rolleyes::ugh::{:=. The problem is that they are well practiced.

Ive seen this 21 years ago. This time it will be different.

LETS RUMBLE!!

MCD :E

Arnold E
14th Aug 2010, 11:49
Ive seen this 21 years ago. This time it will be different.
An 89er, No mate, it aint gunna be different. You will not get your revenge :ok::ok:

Tidbinbilla
14th Aug 2010, 18:37
Folks, please redirect your attention to this thread:

http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-reporting-points/423751-pilots-australia-time-unite-meeting-aug-23-a.html