PDA

View Full Version : New EY Interview Format

Living in a suitcase
13th Aug 2010, 18:50
New Format to EY Interview

I attend EY interview from 2-5 Aug, new style and not as friends had told me so thought i put on here for all to now.

5 Day Process
Day 1 - Travel
Day 2 - English Test, Tech Quiz, Grup Exercise, Interview
Day 3 - Sim
Day 4 - Medical
Day 5 - Travel

Before Interview
All email before arrive are from Cham Muhab. You do not get a reply for any of your querys and she sends out many different forms many of them cover same thing and request many items. Final one came day before I left asking for Education Forms. Not good administration.

Flight Over
They give you economy travel, do not expect upgrade and make sure you wear correct clothes to travel in or else they will not let you on. Shirt, Trousr and Shoes.

Arrival
Good transport and hotel. Nothing paid for, evn breakfast, but get discount.

Day 2
HR manager gave us presintation on Etihad.
Expect MINIMUM of 30 months A320 befor CCQ A330/A340
Admits A320 fleet in chaos and work hard
Do not want DEC, company want internal promotions (some DEC's there :confused:)

English Test - 6 different test putting correct word into the text. Black is to White, as, On is to Off. Stuff like that

Tech Test -
NEW STYLE - ALL FROM FCOM 1 (do not noe about 777 one) not the Jepp and ACE Tech book we had all been told. Not hard but make you think as very deep, they had to lower pass mark as otherwise we would many of fail :=

Group Excerise -

Big grup min 10 as many of us. 2 scenes, one build a bridge from paper, or with block build tunnel and transport tubes.

Interview -

Different depend on what you had done in Tech and English Test. Some qustined on english other had hard tech. Some had 777 guy who pass easy. They ask about LVO, RVSM, Jepp. No one got ask about career or anything. they were in big rush as too many turn up, they do not expect this and so lot of waiting.

All day not very friendly, only 777 guy talked with us, rest were apart and kept to thems. very arrogant attitude and doing inteview where they can, not very professional as they say.

Day 3

Sim - Simply flying sim, EFATO and OPC stuff.

Day 4

Medical - no probelm just fast for 12 hr before.. RAMADAN :oh:

Very disorganised process. Many guys from Asia and Indian Sub Contient want job bad, most USA and Eupeons talked theat they not really think much of it. We speak to friends there and say no go, go to EK instead direct to wide aircft.

You decide for yourself

Jetjock330
13th Aug 2010, 19:10
Living in a suitcase.

Did you actually manage to get a level 4 in your English test?

Flyer1015
13th Aug 2010, 20:20
Did EY folks say if they are still requiring A320 type rating and type-in-type for these FO positions?

Seems they are only ones who do this, when compared to others in the area like EK or QR.

Iver
13th Aug 2010, 21:09
Based on the information I have read, if you absolutely have to go to either EK or EY (no opportunities at home), EK would win hands down. Sure, EK ain't perfect, but at least you avoid the short haul nightmare of the A320 fleet at EY and you get to fly some heavy iron right off the bat at EK.

Neither choice is close to perfect, but EK still seems better in most respects... Flying an A380 at EK in 2-3 years wouldn't be too bad either.

BritishGuy
13th Aug 2010, 21:10
I would apologize for being so blunt, but I can't bring myself to be that polite. I totally understand you're being kind by passing on the Etihad information - but please, your English is crap and if you speak the way you write, I doubt anyone would hire you.

Again - sorry to be harsh, but am only speaking the truth.

VoxPopuli
14th Aug 2010, 03:05
British Guy, please list your native language and other languages that you speak/read/write.

ItsAjob
14th Aug 2010, 04:11
British Guy, please list your native language and other languages that you speak/read/write.

Why would he need to do that? Remind me what the ICAO language for aviation is again?

saviboy
14th Aug 2010, 06:22
Living in a suitcase, thank you for the feedback. Please don't pay attention to the language comments.:rolleyes:

ironbutt57
14th Aug 2010, 09:17
British guy,,, get a life, really!! Do you think with your condescending attitude anybody would want to spend 14hrs in a flight deck with you??

Dixons Cider
14th Aug 2010, 09:43
Where the **** is writen english is the official language of the OACI

ok, so enlighten us as to who or what is OACI? Sounds fabulous :bored:

BritishGuy
14th Aug 2010, 09:59
Firstly, apologies if my post took a dig at the original poster. It's just a little frustrating to read as the information that the poster is giving is good and very useful, but just did not make proper sense at times.

I do speak, read and write two languages fluently - but I don't think that's the point here.

Again, good information, once one makes sense of it all.

SMT Member
14th Aug 2010, 10:26
OACI = ICAO in French - another official ICAO/OACI language.

masalama
14th Aug 2010, 12:27
:}
Wow Language fight , England V France ...please wait for the fight to start guys, got some chicken curry being cooked up ....

:ok:

jackbauer
14th Aug 2010, 12:52
Hmmm! Chicken Curry, the national dish of England.

CI999
14th Aug 2010, 14:16
very soon new requirement, if you can't make at least welcome announcements in Arabic, you have no job in arab outfit.
sorry..,

Busbar
14th Aug 2010, 15:17
Very funny! :hmm: I don't think so my friend. No job because you can't do a welcome announcement in Arabic? Etihad better ground their aircraft now and shut up shop. There won't be enough folks left in the airline! :}

Tempsford
14th Aug 2010, 15:52
British Guy.
Well done sir, humility is a trait to be admired.
Temps

mideastflyer
14th Aug 2010, 21:34
Hi all,

I have been reading Pprune for years but never really made any posts. But as i just moved to the Middle east i decided to write my first and give some information which i hope is useful.

I attended the EY interview a while ago. It was the old type of interview based on what i read. The process seems the same but the main change is the change in the Tech exam which is now Fcom 1. The process was pretty straight forward with all the usual emails about paperwork and documents. It does take time but i did get a reply.

The flight was Economy class as mentioned and you need to wear suitable clothes but the flight was really nice and the crew very nice too. The hotel and transport was good near the airport and so short travel time. The day of the interview we were all picked up about 20 of us and taken to the EY training center. We were met by some pilots from the EY recruitment department and two ladies from the recruitment department too. We were given a brief which was frank and honest but the atmosphere was really nice and friendly the whole day. I never felt any feeling of arrogance from any of the pilots there and the guys that attended all said the same. We did an english, Tech and group excercise test followed by an interview which mainly was from Fcom 3. It was a long day but food and drinks were provided the whole time. At the end we were told if we passed and when our pick up would be the next day.

The second day was the simulator. Its pretty straight forward, mainly visual approach followed by a go around then engine failure. Then come back with no automation for a single engine raw data approach.

The third day was the medical which is long as you need to go to two places but straight forward.

Anyway at the end of it all i did take the job in EY and so far so good. The A320 is hard work but i knew that and we were actually told to expect that. We all have our reasons for joining any airline but so far my experiance is ok.

I hope this helps and gives you all an idea of what to expect. So best of luck to you all wherever you go.

Jetjock330
15th Aug 2010, 06:35
Mideastflyer,
Well written! I take it you got a level 5 for the English???:ok::}

lionoftheleft
15th Aug 2010, 09:23
Who cares of the way it is written, the information is there to help people.
People are so short minded these days that is why people are not happy where and with what they have.
Let's say thank you to the two people who contributed certain information and not discriminate against needed information of this nature.
Best wishes to all.

Nightfire
15th Aug 2010, 10:09
very soon new requirement, if you can't make at least welcome announcements in Arabic, you have no job in arab outfit.
sorry..,

HAAAAHAAAAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Honestly, in which sewer do you pick that kind of information from? :ugh:

IFE
15th Aug 2010, 10:22
British gay:
Instead of appreciating the man for being so generous, you just could not keep that harsh British hospitality to yourself. Shame on you. Information given by Suitcase is very helpful and simple to understand. If you dont and required special sense, then I think you are very stupid and should not be in this profession.

Dixons Cider
15th Aug 2010, 10:27
@ Dixon

"Quote:
Where the **** is writen english is the official language of the OACI
ok, so enlighten us as to who or what is OACI? Sounds fabulous "

You should know by now french is a OACI/ICAO language and you should figure out what means OACI !

But of course you are probably a gringo who is able only to speak one ( not even correctly) language !

Yawn..I have no idea what you talking about :zzz:

BritishGuy
15th Aug 2010, 13:43
IFE - I refuse to comment on what you've written, other than the fact that I've probably touched a nerve with you and hence your post.

If you read all my posts in this thread, you'll see that I've stated that the information given by Suitcase was 'helpful', but 'incoherent'. If you disagree with that, then my friend, it actually makes you look quite uneducated in the fact that you feel that the way Suitcases post makes complete sense.

I haven't doubted that the information offered is helpful - no doubt about it. Once one make sense of it.

Please, do yourself a favour, don't embarrass yourself any further.

kempilot
15th Aug 2010, 14:25
British Guy

You read it and obviously understood it. The reason I say that is you asked for no clarification on anything. I read stuff on here all the time with a lot of bad grammar and incorrect spelling of words, but so what? I come on here for info and to get a feel for what is going on, not to correct and bash people for spelling and grammar.

You crack me up!

kempilot
15th Aug 2010, 14:37
British guy can you read this? LOL

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

BritishGuy
15th Aug 2010, 16:15
I did not say anything wrong and stand by by initial comment. Again, I reiterate, GOOD information, ONCE one has digested and worked out what is being said (in parts of the initial post) - IT IS NOT COHERENT, that is all I was trying to state.

I don't feel the need to justify myself any further, and won't either. Anyone who feels otherwise has the right to feel that way and they can take comfort in the fact that their standard of English is acceptable to themselves.

Iver
15th Aug 2010, 17:11
How about all of you guys quit acting like babies.... Seriously time to shut this lame ongoing argument down. Getting personal does not help to inform anyone about EY.

Good day.

ATPMBA
15th Aug 2010, 17:34
What are their basic hiring minimums?
Do they have an age cut-off?

Thanks in advance.

quack
16th Aug 2010, 04:57
"Please, do yourself a favour, don't embarrass yourself any further".

I think you should take your own advise.

Using "yourself" in the same sentence is poor english use.

"Once one make sense of it."

makes sense not make sense.

get over yourself and move on.

flykamel
16th Aug 2010, 13:01
Living in a suitcase (http://www.pprune.org/members/335531-living-in-a-suitcase) Hi

what was the tech questions that you still remember and was it all from FCOM1? thanks

RiteRudder
22nd Aug 2010, 05:02
great info from mideast and suitcase...some of the most helpful stuff ive seen on these threads in a while...would really appreciate the 777 side of the coin from anyone...tech, sim?..thanx..

flykamel
22nd Aug 2010, 11:46
Smartcockpit.com

Beekberd
22nd Aug 2010, 13:33
Quick question to the people who've been thru the interview process.
Whats the low down with the accommodation issue? Restricted to only Abu Dhabi county? :ugh:

captain alpha
24th Aug 2010, 22:46
My Dear Pilots
I did applied for a F/O position with QATAR AIRWAYS, for 3 months now, and i dont get any feed back from them ,I have 500hrs on A320 and i met the min requirement but i heard that QA they accept some pilot with low hrs on typ is this true can any one tell me whats going on there , thank you

sec 3
25th Aug 2010, 03:20
I can see why you didn't get a reply from qatar.

RiteRudder
26th Aug 2010, 04:48
Beekberd..check out the etihad merged threads...lots of discussions about housing issues there...:ok:RR

totto70
27th Aug 2010, 17:42
Hi guys
Can anyone that has done the interview recently confirm that the tech quiz is now FCOM 1 mainly and not the jeppesen please.
Cheers

shortfuel
27th Aug 2010, 19:56
I do confirm for Airbus applicants. Boeing's are still with the "old" technical questionnaire.

Heard it's pretty tough too, from very knowledgeable people.

Good luck.

totto70
27th Aug 2010, 20:02
Many thanks mate, it does help to know what to focus on. When age sets in and you do forget what the ATPL questions were like 20 years ago:O.
/Totto

holyflurkingschmitt
28th Aug 2010, 17:21
Anyone know the format for the Boeing interview? previous posts seem to be Airbus related.

Thanks in advance.

HFS:ok:

Jetjock330
31st Aug 2010, 06:59
I see the application for EY states flight time mentioned should be stick time only. OK so clue me here, IN the US we log PIC or SIC its black and white.
Should I just half everything in my log books, or just except they will only give me credit for 70% of my flight time. Would appreciate any input on this. What are they looking for http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif
Thanks

In basic terms, they don't want time in any bunk! Time at the controls really in easiest form, less the time drinking coffee;)

Uncle Wiggily
31st Aug 2010, 10:25
wear correct clothes to travel in or else they will not let you on. Shirt, Trousr and Shoes

What! We have to wear shoes!

Uncle Wiggily
31st Aug 2010, 10:28
Did EY folks say if they are still requiring A320 type rating and type-in-type for these FO positions

I think they are the type-in-type types.

RjAgCR
4th Sep 2010, 04:21
Anyone here has this same info (interview format) but for EK? ... :confused:

goeasy
4th Sep 2010, 13:27
Dont believe all the sooth-sayers here saying that life on 320 is cr@p.

I have been doing it for 2 years, and whilst it is draining at times... so is jet-lag on the long haul. Horses for courses.

Just don't come and then moan! Too many here already...............

shortfuel
4th Sep 2010, 18:59
Anyone who says otherwise is either flying MFF

MFF? What MFF? An extremely diluted and unsafe mix to say the least.

RjAgCR
4th Sep 2010, 20:11
" 8-10 days off a month is ridiculous..."

Well...how about 7 days off, 4 days on call.... 75 hrs, including 4 turn-arounds...and the best part is.. a monthly salary of $2600 :(

Laker
5th Sep 2010, 06:47
Good luck. I think that you have to be current before they will offer you a groundschool? The simulator does not satisfy their currency requirement. You need to have time in type within the last 6 months. Hopefully they give you a good seat on the flight over.

goeasy
5th Sep 2010, 17:15
Why is 8-10 days off a month crap? It is far from ideal... 8-10days work would be better..... :ok:

Its exactly what they stated in my contract when I started. So I am not disappointed. Disillusioned perhaps :rolleyes:

saviboy
6th Sep 2010, 06:46
some people will always settle for less....
bringing the bar down...:yuk:

cayclone
8th Sep 2010, 03:29
Any info on dec at ey

ATC83
11th Sep 2010, 10:50
Hi Guys

Can someone give me info on the 777 selection please? Specifically anyone who has done it recently. I see the A320 guys are revising FCOM1 but obviously it's different for 777 - just wondering what to revise for the tech quiz. Specifically after example questions from the tech quiz.
Also, are the interview questions "Give us an example of..." type questions? Any tech questions asked during interview?

Many Thanks

ATC

mideastflyer
30th Sep 2010, 21:14
Hi guys

The B777 selection depends if u are type rated or not. My friend just came for an interview but he is type rated. The interview is the same as the A320 but the tech quiz of course is type rated B777 questions. If you are not type rated then its general questions. Then the rest is the same an english test, group and an interview followed later by the sim and medical.

Hope this helps.

Safe flying

piloto2006
19th Nov 2010, 03:40
Hi, anybody can tell me what questions did you have from FCOM 1 and 3?
Maybe we can make a list of them?

Regards