PDA

View Full Version : Skylog Pro and Linux

monkeyboy
13th Aug 2010, 07:10
Morning All.

Has anybody managed to get Skylog Pro working under Linux yet? I've gone down the official route and was told that there are no development plans to introduce a pukka version for Linux although WINE was hinted at as a workaround but it hasn't been tested by the Skylog team.

I am running Xubuntu. I have tried running Skylog under WINE but I keep getting various error msgs about various ini files missing and databases not being found.

Just for info, I have a dual boot laptop with XP and Xubuntu running inside XP (WUBI). Skylog Pro is already installed on the XP. I am trying to run the XP installed version.

Thank You!

MB :}

le Pingouin
14th Aug 2010, 14:27
I know nothing about Skylog but your problem is you haven't installed it using Wine. The program is looking for all the extra files it needs in the "Windows" environment provided by Wine & of course they aren't there.

If you have a look in the .wine subdirectory (note the leading dot) of your home directory you'll see a directory structure matching Windows (My Documents, Program Files, windows, etc). That is where it's looking for the files. You may have to select to view hidden files.

monkeyboy
16th Aug 2010, 07:58
Thank you so much, le Pingouin.

I followed your advice and it works a treat now. Install using WINE.

Thank you!

Rgds,

MB :}

le Pingouin
16th Aug 2010, 11:11
Nice one. Add another app to the Wine list :ok: