PDA

View Full Version : ATR cargo??

Rotorwind
12th Aug 2010, 15:02
Hi everybody, I´m a spanish boy thinking about to be a comercial pilot, I´m 31 years old and i have a good job with a good pay.
Now I can to pay my pilot studies and I´d like very much to fly the ATR in anywhere in the world.
I know that i have to pay the ATR HT with line training.

Some advice about job with this HT???

Thanks you very much and good flights!!

crazyplane123
12th Aug 2010, 15:25
honest advice, stay where you are, and save your hard earned money, aviation industry is a disaster right now, and will be for a long time, aviation is one of the industry to recover LAST in any economy downturn, IF we ever get out of this mess. One more observation, you have the age disadvantage, 31 years old to start a career in aviation it is kind of late. sorry about been honest, but i rather be this way with you, instead of wasting your $$, because believe me, any flight school will paint a rossy pic and take your money, the truth is otherwise. good luck and save your $$$. regards, CP123.

contractor25
5th Sep 2010, 11:51
SwiftAir, based Madrid operates a large number of (cargo) ATR's.

spanish company too!

FLEXPWR
5th Sep 2010, 15:54
Hi Rotorwind,

A few years ago, I helped setup an ATR cargo operator for DHL Africa, the contractor for DHL was Solenta Aviation. They are located in Johannesburg Lanseria Airport, but main bases are in west africa for operating crew, namely Abidjan, Libreville, and some others, maybe Malabo, Cotonou, Lome or Dakar, but I am not current on this.

Although I do not know anyone there anymore (that was 8/9 years ago), I know they are still operating on various contracts.

It might be worth going on their website to have a look. African aviation is challenging, demanding, but starting on a DHL contract is a good thing when it comes to seriousness and operating/maintenance standards (compared to the rest of Africa, not NASA...)

Typically, Solenta used to recruit on a regular basis, since many pilots would go to better climes as soon as they would get 1500 hours TT, or a better job opportunity.

If you are married with children, it might not be the best option, since the bases are not garanteed, you could be shifting from one place to another at short notice.

Good luck,

Flex

SkyRed1
7th Sep 2010, 22:06
Crazy Plane!
You say 31 too old to start AN aviation career ARE U REALLY CRAZY,as your name implies.I started very late,first job on a regional turbo prop with 230 hours total! did that for 3 years now a CAPTAIN.
Stop your obvious negativety towards fellow wanabees,and to all of you out there with the passion to fly,DONT listen to ANYONE,follow your instinct,research the current market,and if you do need advise LISTEN to those guys who have been there and DONE IT.
Be pleased to give sound advise to those that really need it,PM me.

Whaledog
8th Sep 2010, 10:51
Anyone who starts flying now is a FOOL!!!
Lots of unemployed pilots,
Only open jobs, pay low wages.
you can earn more flipping burgers than working at most low cost airlines.
Plus the meals are beter.
For the amount of money you will pay for flight schooling you could get a very fine degree in about anything at top colleges...plus you'd get to sleep with your wife every night, and your kids will know whom you are....
Don't be foolish, do ANYTHING else.

Whaledog
Capt 777