PDA

View Full Version : Indian RTR

livetokill22
11th Aug 2010, 09:49
Hey
I have an Indian RTR(p)
I got it converted from my nz radio operator rating

Its valid for another 6 months, what will I have to do to renew it?

It had the validity for 3 years from the date of issue? Do I need to do some sort of exam or interview to renew it? + my Frtol is valid for 5 years so does that mean my frtol becomes invalid, when my rtr expires?

livetokill22
19th Aug 2010, 19:26
I heard about the RTR life time validity and 20 years, can I get that now?

powerup
20th Aug 2010, 02:34
Hey,

Yes, the new RTR's are issued for a 20 yr or lifetime vailidity but those are RTR(A)'s. What you have is a RTR(P)!!

All you have to do to renew your RTR (P) for another 3 years is to submit a RTR renewal form along with proof to show that your Canadian license is still valid and that you have flown a min of 30 hours in the last 6 months (just check the no of hours-not too sure about it).

They will extend the validity of you RTR (P) for 3 more years and then if your FRTO is expiring, you can get it renewed based on the above extension. Hope it's clear!!

Vertical Freedom
20th Aug 2010, 04:00
Powerup can you lead me please too where this can be found in WTC of DGCA? I have an FAA - ATP & CASA - ATP & wish to convert to an Indian license. Thank You ;)

powerup
20th Aug 2010, 05:34
Hi,
I too have a CASA CPL and did the following to get my AUS FRTO converted to an Indian COP RTR.

As long as your CASA ATPL is valid (which esentially means your CASA Class 1 is valid), then you can apply for an issue of COP/RTR(P) from WPC. The form is available on the website. I am attaching below an extract of a letter/Memo issued by WPC which shows that you can convert your Commonwealth licenses without an exam.

I got my RTR (P) using this rule and then took the Full exam for RTR(A) as my company insisted on it.

Good luck!!!
MEMORANDUM

Sub: Conversion/issue of permit in respect of Flight Radio Telephone
Operators Licences (FRTOLs)

In light of the current international practices and requirements of International Civil Aviation Organisation ( ICAO), the procedures of conversion of FRTOLs in India has been reviewed in consultation with the Directorate General of Civil Aviation. Accordingly, it has been decided that the following procedure will be adopted for converstion/issue of permit against an FRTOL.

The FRTOLs issued by the other Administrations (all the Commonwealth countries ) will be considered for conversion/issue of permits in India only if the same is accompanied by a valid Flight Crew Licence issued by that Administration.

avalanche007
20th Aug 2010, 05:46
@livetokill

well as far as i know, since you have rtr-p you wont get your indian rtr for lifetime but for only 20 years

now since you are from NZ you just need to renew your medicals every year thats it

your cpl and rtr from NZ remains valid for lifetime i guess

for renewal just send in your application along with forms and DD and you will get it renewed

thats what my friend did this year and got it renewed for 20 years

so i dont really think you need any number of hours though it has been mentioned that you need some 30 hours

i would suggest you try applying and see what is the status

and one more piece of caution: the wait period currently stands at 3 months

dont know why wpc is taking so much time in issuing any rtr

livetokill22
20th Aug 2010, 10:30
avalanche007
Powerup
thank you, for the reply

yeah my nz cpl and rtr is valid - lifetime

Can I send in the request to renew my rtr now, or do I have to do it after it expires?

20 years is not bad, better than every 3 years!

avalanche007
20th Aug 2010, 10:59
dont send it after it expires
send it before hand only
you will be safe

livetokill22
20th Aug 2010, 12:34
yeah, that sounds good
Where can I get the forms? Can't get my way around WPC website!
can it be done online?
It has an option on the website, but WPC won't let me register me.

avalanche007
20th Aug 2010, 12:49
o you cant do this online
for forms please click here (http://wpc.dot.gov.in/DocFiles/Ann_%201A.doc)

livetokill22
21st Aug 2010, 17:00
cheers bro' :ok:

dragstar
2nd Oct 2010, 12:31
I got a Canadian RT Licence in May 2008 and Indian RTR(C) after clearing Part 1 in Sept.'08 which is valid till Sept. 2011.

Do I need to take the Part 1 again to get my RTR(C) valid for 20years?
or as my Canadian RT has lifetime validity I don't need to take Part 1 exam again, just pay the renewal fee and get it valid for 20years? What is the next step? How do I renew my licence? Kindly advise.

nikhilheb
2nd Oct 2010, 13:29
Ground-> Tower-> Approach-> Control-> Approach-> Tower-> Ground

No clearance delivery as that is taken care of by tower.

Tower generally extends to FL50
Approach generally extends to FL100
Control generally extends to FL200

All the above is only in Radar covered airspace, and if each has been explicitly depicted in the accompanying chart.

In non-radar airspace (which is depicted in the chart too), calls are made to the FICs with the term 'Radio'.
Eg: in Delhi region, "Delhi Radio"

Also, the sequence in the beginning is only a guideline. Every question paper will involve some diversion/cancellation/emergency for which you may have to rethink whom to call.

Hope that helps!

NWD
25th Oct 2010, 20:36
Hello All,

i have a candian Rt converted to an indian RTR(P) valid till feb next year.But my CPL is an FAA one.
Now to extend this RTR(p) according to the website i need to get a part 1 exam done,and then apply for RTR (C)? is this true ?

Also im finding it extremely difficult to find the link for online application for part 1 exam in december 2010, as while checking i found the link for the october 2010 attempt.any idea on when these links usually appear on the website ?

Any help would be appreciated guys..

Thanks
NWD

jetwins
28th Mar 2011, 04:45
Hi Folks, I am reproducing the following from elsewhere on this site-Credits to Manny.sekh please:
http://www.pprune.org/images/icons/46.gif RTR(P) Illegal work:The Department of Telecom (WPC)
Folks, in most instances the The Department of Telecom (Wireless Planning Cell) are using ilegal memorandum and letters to confuse and harass innocent Pilots looking for issue of RTR(P) and RTR(C)--where P stands for Permit and C for Conversion.
WPC is governing thru Memorandums. Memorandums, however, are not Rules. To become Rules they must get the sanction of the Parliament. If a memorandum is issued when Parliament is not in session it must be placed before the Parliament for 30 full days no sooner it is in Session and then be passed by it. If this is not done the Rule sought to be implemented thru a Memorandum lapses. This is defined in the Indian Telegraph Act.
N.B WPC has issued RTR(P) to even PPL holders from South Africa and New Zealand--the one with PPL from South Africa is Mr Bijan Panda, Member of Parliament. Corner them (preferably the Wireless Adviser to Government of India of with this info when you have trouble. (I will give the NZ info if anyone requests).
Don't be scared of the Officials of WPC (Wireless Planning Cell, Dept of Telecom, Government of India).--Today their former Minister 'RAJA" and Secretary 'Behura' are in Jail for the 2G scam--they can follow them to jail for their actions.:{

jetwins
28th Mar 2011, 04:48
Credits to Manny.sekh please:

http://www.pprune.org/images/icons/46.gif Criminals in WPC, Dept of Telecom include Wireless Adviser Dr. Satish Chandra
YES.
Go file a RTI, ask them what is the legality of Memorandums.
Quoting a December 2008 memorandum as if it is a rule in 2011 is criminal.

Sandy pilot
28th Mar 2011, 06:49
WOW :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I really appreciate the work done of Jetwins.
Keep the good work coming.

ronak.akik2k
7th Dec 2011, 10:15
Hey I just want to confirm if this rule still applies.

I am in NZ and if I have a NZ PPL and RTR, will it be converted to Indian RTR directly without giving any exams?

I just wanna be sure. Is there any document on the WPC site confirming this?

ronak.akik2k
7th Dec 2011, 10:27
http://210.212.79.13/DocFiles/checklist/Check%20list%20COP.doc

This is the link for the conversion and issue of new licenses.

It says u need a CPL/ATPL/FEL for direct conversion.

So I suppose if you have a NZ PPL it won't get converted? Or will it be converted after giving part 1?

Please help!

stiknruddr
11th Dec 2011, 02:07
Guys
Does anyone have the contact details of WPC officials concerned with RTR(P) and RTR(C) .
Have a few questions regarding the same that have not been answered on the forum and am getting no reply on the phone numbers printed on WPC website.

aviator86
14th Dec 2011, 13:07
Can one apply for an Indian RT with 20years/life time validity if they are in possession of a valid Canadian Cpl and RT??

Does 5years/life time validity still exist??

flyhigh07
14th Dec 2011, 15:19
anyone know about a nice flight school in canada where i can convert my FAA CPL To Canadian Cpl,and later canadian rt too,please help

aviator86
14th Dec 2011, 18:04
flyhigh07 - depends on how you want to do it, there are whole bunch of them, if you want to do it super quick Cornwall aviation is the place, if you want to do it in a more systematic manner following all the rules I would say Harv's Air.
But since its just a conversion I feel you can pick any random school with low rentals and directly deal with the Transport Canada, you would save a lot of money too.

stiknruddr
15th Dec 2011, 01:59
@ flyhigh

I would suggest calling up one the regional offices of Transport Canada and speaking to someone in the licensing department.
They are usually happy to answer querries unlike DGCA.

Figure out the requirments for conversion and what all can be done directly by you through Transport
Canada ( ex. u can write the conversion exam directly thru TC and dont have to go a school at all.).

Go to a school for only those things that you cant do urself, for ex. u need to go to a licensed examiner for the radio license.

Our suggestions for a school would be based on the location you plan to go to.

flyhigh07
15th Dec 2011, 09:18
@sticknrudr,@aviator86

Thanks for the info guys,most probably i will be heading to Toronto..i guess i will give a call to TC guys and give the exam.

matthewgamm
16th Dec 2011, 16:53
Hello fellow aviators,

My UK RT certificate is valid till 2016. Based on this certificate, I gave the Indian RTR exam, and the Indian RTR (C) certificate has a validity till July 12, 2012.
I am told that I need to give the RTR Part 2 exam.
How do I go about giving this exam (exam schedule, study material), what would be its validity and the validity of the RTR (C) certificate?

Would these two certificates constitute the COP and does the DGCA issue the FRTOL based on this COP?

Many thanks!

turnpike007
20th Dec 2011, 11:54
Hello Friends,

I want to know is there some recency requirement like someone needs to have 15 hrs in last 6 months for conversion of FAA CPL to CANADIAN CPL.
And please tell the exact process for conversion of FAA CPL to CANADIAN CPL.

Thanks in advance.