PDA

View Full Version : any chc global pilots living UK?

helimutt
10th Aug 2010, 14:58
If there are any CHC Global pilots resident in the UK, who peruse this forum, can you please PM me? Just got a couple of questions to ask.
Cheers

Wizzard
10th Aug 2010, 15:09
Don't think there are many - if any - at the moment but there will be plenty soon :ok:

Wiz

helimutt
10th Aug 2010, 15:29
That's what I hear too, but I guess the same question goes to any global/international pilot, living in uk. Just tax/ni liability questions.

212man
11th Aug 2010, 02:03
CHC Global pilots resident in the UK

I doubt if they are 'resident' as they would be liable for tax.

Epiphany
11th Aug 2010, 06:30
It is basically no more than 90 days per year averaged out over a 4 year period.

peter manktelow
11th Aug 2010, 11:47
Don't think there are many - if any - at the moment but there will be plenty soon

Wiz

Come on Wiz.....dont be cryptic. Spill the beans. Exactly what do you mean by that comment..."there will be plenty soon" ?????????

:=

newfieboy
11th Aug 2010, 12:28
Helimutt

I used to do, just down the road from Humberside, but saw the light many years ago:ok:

Epiphany
11th Aug 2010, 12:29
Think he is referring to the Humberside UK contract loss to Bristow and the implications on the CHC S76 pilots there. CHC Global are presently advertising for S76 touring pilots on their website.

GKaplan
11th Aug 2010, 12:42
He's more likely referring to the many leaving CHC Scotia for CHC Global.

helimutt
11th Aug 2010, 15:25
Yes indeed, there are a couple of S76 pilots at Humberside considering going to Global having possible redundancy issues at the end of august.

I was just wondering how the tax system would work if you are paid in cad$ into uk account.

Anyone know if the Global pilots fly more hours than Uk offshore pilots per annum?

Wizzard
11th Aug 2010, 21:10
Come on Wiz.....dont be cryptic. Spill the beans. Exactly what do you mean by that comment..."there will be plenty soon"

Cryptic - moi?

Up to eight pilots going Global from ABZ by 011010.

There, feel better now :rolleyes:

peter manktelow
12th Aug 2010, 00:49
thanks Wiz....always nice to have tabs on what is happening.:ok:

Hellimut......hours flown depends on where you end up. Production field=a lot of flying. Exploration= a trip a day. S76 locations Thailand , Brunei , Miri , Baku , Malabo , East Africa etc etc.

PM me if you want more details

rearguards......Peter

212man
12th Aug 2010, 03:06
Any UK based pilot considering going on an equal time overseas roster needs to carefully consider their plans regarding tax. Tax free status and a 6/6 rotation are mutually incompatible under the UK regime (unlike many other countries :ugh:) Even somewhat appropriate rotations like 8/4 became more difficult when the days in the UK entering and leaving became accountable - where previously they didn't count.

The following document outlines the basics (replaces the former IR20 document that ceased to be valid last year):

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr/hmrc6.pdf

The following also has further links of interest:

HM Revenue & Customs: Residence and domicile: amendments to the residence and domicile tax rules (http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr/res-dom-tax-amends.htm)

Epiphany
12th Aug 2010, 06:41
Working equal time tours can work as long as you only spend 90 days in UK per annum. It means spending the other 90 on holiday somewhere else which if you are single is no problem but can be very difficult with a family. As a single keen skier and diver it worked for me!

Depending on which company you work for they may be happy to fly you somewhere other than your home base if it doesn't cost them any more money so that covers the transport costs of your holiday. Enjoy!