PDA

View Full Version : JAA IR-conversion at FTE Jerez

PJATE1
10th Aug 2010, 14:43
Hi,

Im looking at the posibility of doing my IR-conversion at the above mentioned school. Does anyone have know what this schools policy about training cost is? I understand the fee is 6,965€ and I've been around long enough to know that I have to throw money on top of that with regards to applications and exams. But does anyone have experince with doing some kind of modular course here, and if so, are the prices within what to expect.( arround 10-15% on top)?

If anyone have experice with this particulair course please feel free to discuss. Much obliged.

Uncle Wiggily
12th Aug 2010, 06:47
I assume the cost is quoted from 15 hours? There is no such thing as a "JAA" 15 hour requirement. It depends on your experience. My conversion was done in 3 hours training plus 1.5 hour checkride. Rented a Seneca and went for a ride. Simple. Got IR, ME Comm in one shot. If you are coming from the US then you probably got a fair amount of ME time. Don't let them bamboozle you into thinking that you need to buy 15 hours. Trust me, the person typing up your license could care less.