PDA

View Full Version : Canadian IFR Renewal

bunkhog
10th Aug 2010, 13:47
I posted this on another thread, but seems with the volume of Canadian pilots at CX, someone here might know:

Just curious for those flying overseas what they pay to refresh their Canadian IFR rating. Have had a few guys looking at renting a sim to do an IFR ride to keep their rating so as not to have to write the exams again.

Is there a going rate for what guys charge as Pilot Examiners for this service? I have heard an ACP can charge between $400-800 for a ride...but that wouuld be an IFR/PPC. Are DFTEI/PE rides different?

Is there a company that one can contact to book an examiner? I thought I had heard of a comapny run by the ex-DFO of Air Ontario Brian Morris. Where to start looking?

Thanks

GTC58
10th Aug 2010, 14:47
You don't have to write the exams again, if you can prove that you maintained a current IFR rating on a foreign licence, working overseas. Just a PPC or IFR check ride necessary when you come back and work in Canada.

Flaps10
10th Aug 2010, 16:03
I agree with GTC. I had mine renewed last year with no issues. Just brought my HKCAD licence and logbook to Transport Canada. If you are in the Toronto area go to the Hamilton Transport office, they were really helpful and there were no lineups. Toronto TC on Yonge is a nightmare and they are all bitchy!