PDA

View Full Version : Onion: Boeing Lays Off Only Guy Who Knows How To Keep Wings On Plane

Just a spotter
10th Aug 2010, 14:06
From, The Onion.

CHICAGOŚWith the airline industry continuing to suffer under the ongoing recession, the Boeing Company was forced Monday to lay off Al Freedman, the only guy left at the corporation who knows how to keep wings from falling off planes.

Boeing Lays Off Only Guy Who Knows How To Keep Wings On Plane | The Onion - America's Finest News Source (http://www.theonion.com/articles/boeing-lays-off-only-guy-who-knows-how-to-keep-win,17845/)

Well, seeing as how they've now moved to building giant plastic Airfix's, they can just get any 8-12 year old boy to tell them how to stick the wings on .... it's always tricky though, making sure they don't sag.:\

JAS

RJM
11th Aug 2010, 11:17
I used to use matchboxes under the wingtips. For the real thing, Boeing could stack up spare 200 litre drums (with shims).

Remember though, that not everything in The Onion is true! :p

Ancient Observer
11th Aug 2010, 12:41
With my balsa wood specials, I found that all this modern stuff, with wings below the fuselage, didn't work so well. Keep the wings above the fuselage, and keep the propulsion simple.
I'm not sure that smelling that dope all day did much for my designs, tho'..

MagnusP
11th Aug 2010, 14:28
Shoulda sacked him and hired somebody cleaner, AO. :p

RJM
12th Aug 2010, 17:34
With my balsa wood specials, I found that all this modern stuff, with wings below the fuselage, didn't work so well.

You get a nice dihedral, though AO.

Pugilistic Animus
13th Aug 2010, 22:25
because wing design is so easy:\:eek::sad::\
:ouch:

:}:}:}