PDA

View Full Version : Most stylish FA exit award goes to...

Buster Hyman
10th Aug 2010, 02:58
JetBlue flight attendant Steven Slater jumps from plane in anger (http://www.theage.com.au/travel/travel-news/raging-flight-attendant-makes-his-own-emergency-exit-20100810-11ul9.html)

This is in the CC forum, but I just love how he exited the plane...classic stuff. :ok:

onetrack
10th Aug 2010, 03:01
I would have popped the chute and chucked the passenger down it... :suspect:

SoundBarrier
10th Aug 2010, 03:23
I love one of the comments down the page...

I guess that makes him (takes of sunglasses)... a flight risk attendant.

YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!
- David Caruso...

Wod
10th Aug 2010, 04:15
Probably apocryphal, but there was a story, years ago, of a related incident, where passenger(s) ignored the standard warning and went sprawling when the aircraft stopped relatively abruptly short of crossing an active runway.

"You were told you about that" came over the PA with muffled laughter in the background.

sitigeltfel
10th Aug 2010, 04:49
Police arrested Mr Slater shortly after at his home nearby in Queens.Just the place for a Raging Dramatist ;)

Loose rivets
10th Aug 2010, 05:36
I think they should have sent a nice nursie round and given him some TLC for a few hours. It's a tough job in the cabin, and I wonder way more crew don't just snap.

Really, that passenger was putting others at risk, yet he seems to have 'walked.'

RedhillPhil
10th Aug 2010, 06:40
I chuckled when I read that he lives in Queens.

rh200
10th Aug 2010, 06:58
I was going to say, "Give the man a beer", but just read he grabbed one on the way out.:D:D

Captain Stable
10th Aug 2010, 09:35
I made myself a policy many years ago of always keeping the Cabin PA button selected on my audio panel, but with the volume turned low. Apart from anything else, hearing a Cabin PA made by one of the crew down the back might be the first indication of a problem.

When taxying in, if after the normal "Welcome to blah blah blah..." announcement I then later heard a further "Please remain in your seats..." announcement I would make a hard jab on the brakes just to reinforce the message - cabin crew loved it!

Lon More
10th Aug 2010, 10:09
Was the pax charged with anything? Assault and endangering the flight would both seem to be appropriate.

Don't think anyone could object to a "brake test", Captain Stable. You wouldn't want to try to stop on the stand and find you had no brakes.

Storminnorm
10th Aug 2010, 10:24
Was always of the opinion that Self Propelled Freight is dangerous.
The freight loaded on pallets was much nicer to deal with.

crippen
10th Aug 2010, 12:40
New York Port Authority officials arrested the by now ex-air steward at his beachfront Belle Harbor home a few hours later.
Police sources said he was in bed with his boyfriend when officers arrived at his home.
Slater happily confessed to police that he had deployed the escape chute and used it to make his dramatic exit, complete with baggage.

Read more: JetBlue flight attendant Steven Slater quits his job in style after luggage row with passenger | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1301798/JetBlue-flight-attendant-Steven-Slater-quits-job-style-luggage-row-passenger.html#ixzz0wCqkivwY)

ATNotts
10th Aug 2010, 17:46
Cpt. Stable.

I remember a similar event arriving at LGW on a Taron IL-62. One or two eejits with too few brain cells to understand that "remain seated" doesn't mean "get up and remove your bags from the overhead bins" suffered from the captain's light tough on the brakes whilst approaching the gate.

I found it a deal more amusing than the the aforementioned half-wits!

On a separate note, I was amazed the IL-62 was equipped with bins.

rgbrock1
10th Aug 2010, 18:38
No, the passenger who provoked this FA was not charged. Although, IMHO, he/she should have been.

Parapunter
10th Aug 2010, 19:02
To be fair, as f*** you's go, that was a pretty stylish one. I'd like to buy that guy a strawberry daquirie or whatever - extra sparkler, hold the umbrella.

Tankertrashnav
10th Aug 2010, 23:02
On a separate note, I was amazed the IL-62 was equipped with bins.

Think that's where Aeroflot stored the cabbages for the in-flights ;)

Two's in
10th Aug 2010, 23:21
On a separate note, I was amazed the IL-62 was equipped with ...brakes.

Fixed that for you.

rh200
11th Aug 2010, 00:12
A neighbour said about 50 police officers turned up at Slater's home in Belle Harbour, New York, to arrest him.
He was found in bed with his boyfriend.

50 of them for a flight attendant? what a guy.

G-CPTN
11th Aug 2010, 00:13
It has been stated on the Beeb that the FA faces up to seven years in prison for his activities when leaving the aircraft.

How will he like them apples?

Dark Knight
11th Aug 2010, 01:19
Have a feeling it will not be apples he will be getting in prison!

Um... lifting...
11th Aug 2010, 01:34
Court of public opinion. Fellow wants a speedy and visible trial. If he gets that, he won't see time in the lockup. He's a 30-day folk hero.

Buster Hyman
11th Aug 2010, 02:57
...the FA faces up to seven years in prison...
Only one exit to worry about in there... :ooh:

411A
11th Aug 2010, 07:57
If he gets that, he won't see time in the lockup
Disagree...I expect he will get at least 90 days in the pokey, with an additional two years probation.

The guy was rather stupid, so will pay the price.

Lets see, the FAA's stance will be...the errant FA endangered the passengers by using the slide in a non-emergency situation, leaving the cabin short of crew, in the event of a real emergency, later on.

I say, throw the book at the FA, and fine the pax as well.

rh200
11th Aug 2010, 08:44
411A

Lets see, the FAA's stance will be...the errant FA endangered the passengers by using the slide in a non-emergency situation, leaving the cabin short of crew, in the event of a real emergency, later on.

Hasn't the airline already come out and stated there was no security or endangerment to passengers. I know the FAA may see it different, but I can see a temp insanity, or stress defence. I would be surprised if he gets jail time.

BombayDuck
11th Aug 2010, 09:10
And if you want to quit your job in a different sort of style, there's this (http://thechive.com/2010/08/10/girl-quits-her-job-on-dry-erase-board-emails-entire-office-33-photos/)

Whether you think her chances of future employment are good or bad, I think we can definitely agree she is one HPOA! :P

Parapunter
11th Aug 2010, 09:15
pre-madonna

I can't wait for one of those post-Madonna types to go off!:}

Captain Stable
11th Aug 2010, 09:46
Is that like a pre-maballerina?

Education standards have gone down the chute harrumph harrumph...

Or perhaps Pre-Madonna is something to do with Sean Penn's and Guy Ritchie's early life...

Lonewolf_50
11th Aug 2010, 15:03
@ BombayDuck
I like her style, but I think that set of pictures is a put up job or a fantasy. Still funny. :)

Or perhaps Pre-Madonna is something to do with Sean Penn's and Guy Ritchie's early life...
Back before they acquired all of those frown lines on their visages ...

Lon More
11th Aug 2010, 18:10
Now on a T shirt (commercial link removed)

http://images8.cpcache.com/nocache/product/462922478v2147483647_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

ehwatezedoing
11th Aug 2010, 22:05
And if you want to quit your job in a different sort of style, there's this
This one seems to be a hoax.
Confirmed: HOPA Dry Erase Girl Is A Hoax, Identity Revealed (http://techcrunch.com/2010/08/11/elyse-porterfield/)

Pugilistic Animus
12th Aug 2010, 00:36
We all wanted to do that at one point or another:}

He just had the balls for it

rotornut
12th Aug 2010, 12:01
Passenger: Flight Attendant Started Fray - WSJ.com (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704216804575423932483801118.html)

ExSp33db1rd
15th Aug 2010, 20:48
Nothing new etc.

As a young S/O, my Captain was asked - during the post-flight "refreshment" period at some exotic overseas nightstop - what he would do if his wife rang to say he had won what was then the greatest amount of money one could imagine, i.e. the 75,000 pound Littlewoods Football Pool ?

Easy, he said, I'd send a Telegram to the Flight Manager ... " F**k you for a start, abusive letter follows "

radeng
16th Aug 2010, 07:43
There was a report that the PAX may yet be fined.

Krystal n chips
16th Aug 2010, 10:26
Panache?....noooo !.....just another attention seeking tosser...hope they send the bill for the engineers time and labour replacing the chute...and the cost of getting it repacked and certified.....and the down time caused by the delay would be nice....make make the ego think twice in future...there again, probably not.....:mad:

Storminnorm
16th Aug 2010, 10:53
All I keep thinking is that it was just as well he wasn't
on a 747.
One of those slides costs a fortune to re-work.

Lon More
16th Aug 2010, 19:27
One of those slides costs a fortune to re-work

although when they've been deployed that's probably the least of the airline's worries.

Sirikit
16th Aug 2010, 19:30
My sister was on duty on a flight with Joshua Nkomo.

She refused to serve the big, fat basstid.

:ok: