PDA

View Full Version : Lufthansa Italia recruitment

Pages : [1] 2 3

10th Aug 2010, 00:54
Hello there.

I have been called in for the DLR tests in Hamburg for LH Italia.

Can anyone tell me something about the company itself, seems like a lot of steem blowing around this operation. I am a nordic turboprop pilot. Is it a good workplace, multicultural? Any info appreciated

P.S. i have read all the horrible threads about these tests, not asking about any of that, have been sent material 2 months in advance of my test date.

Regards

zedoscarro
10th Aug 2010, 01:08
Sorry mate, cannot help you with that.

Just out of curiosity: Do you speak Italian?

10th Aug 2010, 09:58
No I do not speak Italian..

Greenpilots
10th Aug 2010, 13:58
Hi there,

Italian is not a requirement, but nice to have. However I do not think that anybody cares, because in the past they didn't find enough Italian pilots anyway...

After the strike of Lufthansa pilots this spring, things have now been sorted out. Initially all captains will be be Lufthansa F/Os that are being promoted and based in Milan, until a stable operation with "own" personal can be assured. How long that is nobody knows yet, but there is some more information to come around during the week.

At the moment all crew members (cockpit and cabin) are Lufthansa employees. There are dedicated cabin members, who all speak Italian and are in Milan on a (more or less) regular basis. Cockpit is from Lufthansa in MUC and FRA. Crewmembers are proceeding from their bases in MUC and FRA to MXP, where they are usually staying for three up to five days. Hotel is provided. This of course is gonna change when people are being based there.

Work itself is pretty nice at the moment. Not as much stress as when operating out of the other hubs. Ground staff is mostly well trained and experience how it should be done (compared to Germany) helps to further increase the quality of handling. Administration is partly German, partly Italian, however locals take over work as soon as possible.

Interviews for cabin crew have taken place. Rumour has it that most of the ones that would have been taken (low number of all applicants), did not want to work for the salary they offered. Cockpit salary will be okay, but surely below Lufthansa standards, although it was promised that training and pay will be according to our level. There will be no mixed operation (original LH and LHI crews), so when enough crew members have been trained to operate one aircraft, they will start operating the first aircraft themselves. Question is when that will be, as requirements for captains still have to be announced and then people have to apply and get trained. So I don't expect it to be too soon, maybe somewhen end of the year. Btw, all aircraft are ex Lufthansa and Germanwings, initally starting with A319s (minor differences between the two airlines), while this year one A320 also joined the fleet. Six of these aircraft are for permanent use (all ex Germanwings + one LH) with LHI, having been outfitted with an espresso machine (only airline with business class on domestic Italian services!) and proper titles and all that (they all have been named as well).

Destinations are quite interesting for the Lufthansa pilot, with Olbia, Palermo, Ibizia, Split and Bari not being in our schedules normally. Other cities such as London, Paris, Barcelona and Madrid are well known however. Rumours says that once the AOC is through with the Italian authorities, flights to Moscow and other non-EU destinations will be started (don't know how Casablanca has been fitted into that...). Budapest and Bucharest are already being flown to in Eastern Europe. When flights to Rome still existed, we did have nightstops there as well, but now it is down to CDG, being the only place except MXP where you gonna end your daily trip. Therefore we fly either two or four flights a day. Ground times are normally between 40 and 50 minutes. Not much for our kind of operation, but enough. Last year we had stops in Barcelona with 1,5 hours, which was great for a little breakfast or so, but that was the start-up phase...

All that being said, I can only say that I enjoy flying there very much. Being there regulary I know a lot of the people simply by seeing them so often. If you are in for the Italian mentality, then you will not have that many problems there. I must also say that I see issues arising, when control by the German Lufthansa has gone into Italian hands. I like the guys, but being German you sure have some qualities that others are missing at certain points. We are keeping up the pressure if we don't like things...
It must also be noted that the future of LHI is far from certain. Bookings over the summer have been good, but airlines like easyJet and Alitalia will not give up their market share easily.

Given the entry requirements (which requirements?) you may give it a shot. But be prepared! The test is difficult and only five pilots made it through when they accepted applications in 2008...

You are very welcome to ask an questions about it! I will be ready to answer :ok:

Dr Esteban
10th Aug 2010, 16:08
Hi Greenpilots!

Thanks for taking the time to post this comprehensive summary on the LHITA operation.

When LHITA started a few years ago the longterm plan was to add longhaul aircraft at some stage.
Is this still in the pipeline or have they abandoned these plans?

Grazie,

The Doc

Greenpilots
10th Aug 2010, 16:59
Ciao Dottore!

Well, there has been a lot of speculation about it, but personally I don't see it coming soon. The Italian network is not strong enough yet and the market very competitive. I am sure there will be more cooperation with Star Alliance partners that are also flying to MXP, but flying long-haul for LHI is still distant future I would say. Question is also were to get thebig aircraft and I don't think it is worth having only one or two based in MXP, when passengers can be transferred to one of the other hubs of LH in Europe (FRA, MUC, ZRH, BRU, VIE, DUS) easily. Connections to these hubs are very good and LH has a pretty good market share in MXP with all its sister companies, so I think they will rather try to get more out of the Italian market (with Air One now flying with Alitalia) by connecting more cities within the country (this season Olbia and Palermo are new and doing very good, more frequencies to Napoli and then there is also Air Dolomiti) and maybe connect some of the less frequented cities to the network. For example the daily flight to Bari was the cities only connection to the Star network, but now we also flights from/to MUC, so it certainly was a door opener. Charter also plays a minor role on weekends (Split, Ibiza, Copenhagen, Amsterdam are examples).
The overall question is how (if) the airline can grow in Europe together with all the other LH companies and where to get the aircraft. As I said, they are all from Germanwings and Lufthansa and those airlines surely need them themselves with the economy going up again. Will be interesting to see!

Any more questions are welcome. I will be in Milano next week, if anyone would like to get in personal contact and have lunch or so ;)

Greenpilots
10th Aug 2010, 19:00
What I forgot to add:

I am not sure about the conditions at the "new" LHI, but it is supposed to be close to our standards, so I will just give you a short overview here. We are off-duty for at least 10 days, mostly around 12. Block hours are around 60-70 in a summer month, while we are getting paid a bit more than that. With everyone flying a lot, standbys happen about every second or third month. Many pilots commute from somewhere else in Germany and neighbouring countries in Europe (Austria and Switzerland).
Yet again, LHI should be close to our conditions, but I bet they will not meet them.

alkor
10th Aug 2010, 20:01
hi,

Are they still hiring pilots. Where can I apply?

Cheers,
a

Greenpilots
10th Aug 2010, 20:06
Well, they are basically starting again to look for candidates.

Try to google: Lufthansa Italia pilot job. Click on the first link and it will take you to Online application Lufthansa Italia (http://www.lufthansa-pilot.de/lhitalia/index.php)

angelorange
10th Aug 2010, 22:06
Thank you for you interest in applying for Lufthansa Italia.
Unfortunately we have to inform you, that we cannot take your application into consideration, since you do not comply with the requirements.
The Italian language is one of the important requirements.

We wish you all the best for your future personal career.
Best regards

Greenpilots
10th Aug 2010, 22:19
But that was not recently, right? Italian was mandatory in the first phase, but after they didn't get enough people that made it through the test, it was dropped. Current requirements say:

"Fluent in English (written and spoken), preferably Italian fluent"

angelorange
11th Aug 2010, 06:18
Tx Greenpilots for updated information. That reply was in May 2009.

Maybe this is the future:

::: Lufthansa Italia VA ::: Welcome on board on YOUR Lufthansa Italia Flight ::: (http://www.lufthansaitalia-va.com/apply/apply1.php)

But virtual pay not so good!

11th Aug 2010, 19:09
Thank you greenpilots for the reply, alot of useful information. I am assuming that they prefer pilots with jet experience instead of turboprop. It is my understanding that a proper screening process is to find certain type of pilots, that the administration want to form to their operation, instead of just looking at total hours and such things, which I think is not a good measuremark for pilot quality, instead of looking at other things as well. Pretty sure that the tests in Hamburg are going to be hard, but a challenge and alot of fun, I will look at it as a learning process and experience, instead of something to fear. I find almost all talk here point in a negative way.

Regards

Greenpilots
11th Aug 2010, 19:49
That's the spirit! You will certainly learn something! Hours don't count much, it is all about your abilities in getting through the computer tests and later on flying and communication.

EAM
12th Aug 2010, 11:42
I find almost all talk here point in a negative way.

That is because if you are well prepared, it is not too difficult to pass the first one, that makes to whole thest a bit senseless.
At the end your flying skills and your experience do not count very much its all down to the DLR Assessment and compared to other assessments, like easyjet or others, the DLR is not quite a good one and you do not get a real feedback at the end like easyjet does.

And it is not really true that they couldnt find enough italian pilots, as Greenpilots says, it was simply the case that most of the applicants (italian or not) have been selected out on the SIM by LH guys. Screening has been stopped after that.
Now after the case has been solved and there is an agreement with the LH pilots, the screening has started again and most of the italian pilots are beeing called again.

So in your case, get prepared, I guess the sky test will make it, if you pass the fist stage in Hamburg, take some hours on a 737 SIM if you are not current on it. If you pass the SIM then get prepared for the assessment.
Good luck.

Greenpilots
12th Aug 2010, 12:14
That is what I meant by not finding enough Italians. From what I heard (first hand!) it was difficult to find people passing the sim, not because the Germans didn't like them, but because they did not meet the requirements. Some of the stories I heard were unbelievable... I think many applicants took the test light-hearted and did not prepare well enough.
The first stage should not be too difficult for a pilot, but the sim and the assessement center are really tricky. LH has very high expectations and standards and skills like CRM are really important (especially for captains).
Saying that the DLR test is not a good one is quite controversial statement... Depends on the perspective I guess :hmm:

EAM
12th Aug 2010, 12:24
Well, it was even confirmed by LH pilots and TREs that a lot of the applicants have been selected out, not because of their performance.
I know a lot of AZ guys and even 737 rated pilots failed the sim.
One point is, that now even pilots who failed in the first place are beeing called again, which is usually not the case.

If you have done other assessments with other airlines you are able to compare.

marghe83
12th Aug 2010, 12:41
Are you sure they're calling pilots who failed the sim last year?can you tell us something more about it?thanks a lot!!!

Betaranger
12th Aug 2010, 13:42
How does the payscale look like, CPT/FO?

nopoal
12th Aug 2010, 15:09
Hi all,

The pay for average is 4200 euros gross per 80 hrs for fo.

Does someone know what will be this in net (after taxes)?

Thanks,

nopo :cool:

Greenpilots
12th Aug 2010, 15:18
Hi nopoal,

where did you get these numbers? Just being curios.

EAM
12th Aug 2010, 15:34
Salary is usualy given net in italy.
4200€ would be a competitive salary in italy.
If it is before tax it would be around 3200, plus per diem it would still be OK, but I would be positively surprised.

Greenpilots
12th Aug 2010, 17:22
Gross pay will be not more than in Germany. Rather a bit less. Compare the table here for info Lufthansa German Airlines jobs, payscales and entry requirements. (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Lufthansa_German_Airlines)

EAM
12th Aug 2010, 17:30
If they pay less than in germany, net of course, then they will not find many pilots, as the LH payscale is below the salary usualy paid in italy.
But 5000€ gross would be around 3500€ net, in addition the per diem is quite higher in italy than in germany. That would be about the minimum what is paid in italy.
But as far as I know there are no official numbers.

Greenpilots
12th Aug 2010, 17:41
The reason they want to get new pilots is to save money. Otherwise they could haven taken German pilots and base them in Milano :rolleyes:

EAM
12th Aug 2010, 22:10
Taxes are less in italy, so the total costs for the company could be less and salary could still be more. :}
And if you pay below the italian standart you might find some pilots, but I guess they will not stay for long.

Greenpilots
13th Aug 2010, 10:02
Where are they supposed to go to?

marghe83
13th Aug 2010, 10:10
At the lufthansa italia open day they told us that the salary is 4200euros gross,plus 13th and 14th salary. I don't think anyway they'll have problems finding pilots because the situation in italy is really bad. Then they offer you a permanent contract with annual increase that is really good in my opinion

hetfield
13th Aug 2010, 10:13
@marge83

Is there also a pension scheme?

Thx

marghe83
13th Aug 2010, 10:17
i think they mention it even if i am not sure,don't remember it exactly...i remember loss of licence insurance is included.
Bye!:)

cosmiccomet
13th Aug 2010, 12:40
How much are the taxes in Italy???

Because Euros 4,200 minus taxes is not a good salary at all...

That's why LH Italia is not publishing the T&C....

Dani
13th Aug 2010, 19:35
I went to the recruitment site, filled out until the third last page, then they ask you to tick if you apply for captain or not, if you do, they say that they don't need you, if you leave it out, they say that you have to fill out every mandatory field. End of selection process. Data will not be safed. Great! At least I got a user word and password confirmation, the sender doesn't accept mails. I think your input will only be accepted if you have an Italian collegue or university degree.

Dani

zerograv
13th Aug 2010, 20:27
Hi there!!!

Very same with me! After selecting that my education was not accomplished in an Italian Secundary School or University, more or less in the middle of the questionnaire, I was not able to proceed any further, that is, to the following pages. :ouch: Not even able to save the application which, from the list on the left, would be the last page of the application.

Never mind!!!

Safe flights,
Zero

CFM International
13th Aug 2010, 20:32
I failed the DLR test last year, I have just tried to apply again....but they don't accept it. Only one chance in your life...
bah...

13th Aug 2010, 20:53
Hello there.

They accept studies from outside Italy, as it did in my case, if it complies with the level of the Italian Magistrale, I think I am spelling this correctly.

EAM
14th Aug 2010, 11:23
Taxes in Italy are around 20-25% plus usualy around 40-50€ per diem are paid. I dont know what LHI will pay as per diem.

Greenpilots
14th Aug 2010, 11:50
Maximum is 35 Euro per Diem with LH mainline, so expect less than that.

frapilot
14th Aug 2010, 13:47
hi Greenpilots,
i would like to ask you some infos.
-did they take people with CPL / IR with good amount of hours ?
-did they prefer that you already have the TR on A-319 ?
thanks in advance

EAM
14th Aug 2010, 17:52
Maximum is 35 Euro per Diem with LH mainline, so expect less than that.

Why do you always think everything will be less than on the mainline?
A lot of things like per diem depend from the taxes in that country and in italy per diem are tax free up to 51€, not like in germany were this amount is much lower. Air Dolomiti, as far as I know pays around 50€, so I dont think it will be less in LHI
Remember the amount the compay has to pay is higher than the amount on your paycheck and its quite different in other countries.

@frapilot so far they didnt hire anyone, but they did accept cpl/ifr and you dont need to have a A320 rating.

AFD
14th Aug 2010, 22:14
eam as far as i know they already hired 4 pilots whom will be on training starting on 1st of october
i personally know one of them
they signed the lhi contract few days agò

Greenpilots
14th Aug 2010, 23:44
Well, if you are a new pilot just out of school, this is definitly a very good oppurtunity to get MCC, an Airbus rating and a relatively safe and well-paid job. So why not?

Regarding future upgrades: You have to be in the company for 42 months and have 3000 hours in the company to be upgraded to captain, so expect that as minimum. The German pilots, who are going to be trained as captains initially will have a minimum stay of three years.

Why do I think that they will be paying less? That is the whole point of having "Italian" pilots! Otherwise they could have offered pilots from LH mainline to be based in MXP, having all the experience and know-how already. The pay for a new captain will be less than for an SFO on the long-haul fleet that is flying there for some years...

15th Aug 2010, 20:25
Hello there.

Greenpilots, do you have any idea of how many pilots are being invited to Hamburg, and how many will be hired to LHI, or the percentile of the ones sent to Hamburg versus being hired?

Greenpilots
15th Aug 2010, 22:12
I guess that all pilots meeting the requirements will be invited.

They are currently looking for up to 40 captains within LH, so we need about the same amount of new F/Os. The ratio will depend on the number of people invited, compared to those who pass the test. Usually this figure is around 5-10%.

Airbus_a321
16th Aug 2010, 13:21
...so LH invites 800 already pre-selected pilotes, to take around max 40 only out of them :ugh::mad:

and the big rest of 760 pilots ? are they unable to pilot an aircraft, are they all lame duck pilots and loser ?

Must be great to be one of the selected ones :}

MSX555
16th Aug 2010, 17:00
Hi guys, I have been invited to do the DLR on 13th October.

Does anybody know what to expect after the test?

How is the whole selection process going to be?

Thanks in advance

hetfield
16th Aug 2010, 17:07
and the big rest of 760 pilots ? are they unable to pilot an aircraft, are they all lame duck pilots and loser ?

NO! They aren't!

Otherwise, Hapag, LTU, AirBerlin etc. wouldn't exist.

I see it that way that LH selection gives you a 95% chance to survive the training.

That's it, not more.

EAM
16th Aug 2010, 17:32
...so LH invites 800 already pre-selected pilotes, to take around max 40 only out of them

Maybe this is the LH way to save money, 800 DLR Tests, some hundred SIM hours to get 40 pilots. :ugh:

Must be great to be one of the selected ones

This is actually what most of the LH pilots think, not all of them, but many.

I see it that way that LH selection gives you a 95% chance to survive the training.

well this is really bull****.

hetfield
16th Aug 2010, 18:05
well this is really bull****.

Wie meinen?

EAM
16th Aug 2010, 18:10
Dat is Blödsinn. :}

hetfield
16th Aug 2010, 19:21
@EAM

Still don't get your point. Fact is, once one has passed the LH test, he/she will "survive" the training with a 95% chance, that's for true.

True is also, the remaining 5% are not completly unable, 'cause there is an unknown percentage who quit for other reasons, e.g. "don't like it", medical, private or whatever reasons.

So, what's "bull****" with my post?

EAM
16th Aug 2010, 19:34
Maybe the statistic says that 95% pass the training, but this has nothing to do with the selection process or the amount of applicants invited.

BTW, I know some people who did not pass the training and they are no bad pilots.

hetfield
16th Aug 2010, 19:38
BTW, I know some people who did not pass the training and they are no bad pilots.Did you read/understand my post #47 ?
:ouch:

Airbus_a321
17th Aug 2010, 10:29
well, mathematics especially percentage calculation is not everbodys love....

probably @hetfield means:
LH initially has to sort out between 1000's of applications from wannabees.
LH then take 800 pilots
5-10% pass
so they start training with ca 40
95% then will pass training
at the end they will have 38 fresh pilots to welcome in the Exclusive-LH-Elite-Club...und man war schon immer etwas Besseres mit der gelben "Lebensberechtigungskarte" :cool:

EAM
17th Aug 2010, 11:13
I think he means that if you are taken by LHI, you have a 95% chance to "survive" the training, as this is the statistic, but it has nothing to do with the selection and the original question was "Why would they invite about 800 applicants if they only need 40 pilots".
Actually I dont know what the outcome rate in LH is, but if it would be only 5-10%, then I think there is something wrong and they really wasting money.
I dont know any airline with such a low rate.

cumulustratus
17th Aug 2010, 11:52
I have filled out the online application for LH Italia. In the end I'm requested to submit (by snail mail(!)) some kind of personal data usage form and copys of my flying license and medical. Did those of you invited for assessment really submit these documents, or is it some kind of remnant from older times?

Greenpilots
17th Aug 2010, 20:52
Hi guys,

the method behind the LH selection is to find good pilots and people that fit into a certain scheme, thereby eliminating the chance for human error. We try to find people that will go along well with each other, who are able to live CRM and who have a certain mindset. The argument about the others being "less good pilots" and so on is brought up time after time. Well, it can be said that some are maybe not as good, but many simply don't fit in. They might be excellent pilots, but for some reason they are not within the limits.

As for the payment. FO gross seems to be 3500 Euros, however per diem and other commodities will be up to Italian standards (13th and 14th salary paid). Captains earn much less than with mainline LH.

@EAM: It seems you are not recognizing that LH doesn't work like many other airlines. Being typically German they select those pilots they want beforehand and avoid expensive training thereby. Getting the best out of 800 is much cheaper than taking the first 50, not being able to get 10 through the training and having to give another 10 much more time than planned. Things are maybe not perfect with LH, but are well-considered. The company does not have money to be wasted!

cosmiccomet
17th Aug 2010, 21:16
My dear Green, in my company we have some of your Lufthansa Flight Training stars and they are not the best...moreover, one of the worst FOs as a person in my company has just been DLR positive after failing 2 PCs in a row...but he is German, blonde and tall.

If the DLR is only for Germans...that's OK...but if I pass or not the DLR it is not because I am or not within limits after having almost 8,000 hrs / 5 different authorities ATPLs / three type ratings / not accident or incident records.

Besides...German pilots also crash aircraft like any other...

Greenpilots
17th Aug 2010, 21:27
Hello cosmiccomet,

I am sorry to hear that, but some do get through our tight net...

Btw, LH is not about being German, but speaking German. Many pilots are from Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, even places like Cyprus or Asia. If you speak German fluently you may apply as well.

"If the DLR is only for Germans...that's OK...but if I pass or not the DLR it is not because I am or not within limits after having almost 8,000 hrs / 5 different authorities ATPLs / three type ratings / not accident or incident records." - It is not all about hours and the number of ratings! It is also about personality and social skills (not judging you in any way here). That is what people don't understand. I can be a good pilot with 1000 hrs and I can be a bad pilot with 10000 hrs.

But we are starting to get a bit off-topic. From my experience I know that this will be an endless discussion, so lets rather keep to the topic :}

hetfield
17th Aug 2010, 22:11
My dear Green, in my company we have some of your Lufthansa Flight Training stars and they are not the best...moreover, one of the worst FOs as a person in my company has just been DLR positive after failing 2 PCs in a row...but he is German, blonde and tall.

If the DLR is only for Germans...that's OK...but if I pass or not the DLR it is not because I am or not within limits after having almost 8,000 hrs / 5 different authorities ATPLs / three type ratings / not accident or incident records.

Besides...German pilots also crash aircraft like any other...That's pure racism at its best.

17th Aug 2010, 23:02
8,000 hrs / 5 different authorities ATPLs / three type ratings / not accident or incident records.

This to me is a pilot not fitting in anywhere, going from place to place looking for something better elsewhere. Probably all right seat hours, correct me if I am wrong.

After all they are hiring future captains not first officers. Agree that this discussion is drifting away from being a source of usefull information on LHI

All the best

Liz
17th Aug 2010, 23:13
Hi all,

do u know what kind of things they're checking during the medical examination at Lufthansa ? As we're all supposed to have a class 1 medical, i am wondering...

thanks, and good luck !

flying_machine
18th Aug 2010, 09:20
Hi folks,

Are they currently looking for captains too or just for FO?

And could you anybody make it clear, do we all need an Italian education diploma or just an equivalent?

Thank you,

FM

Greenpilots
18th Aug 2010, 10:08
As I have said many times before, they are looking for FOs only, as captains will initially be from Lufthansa in Germany...

Medical Class 1 does surely help...

Given the fact that Italian is not mandatory, I wonder how one can have an Italian diploma without speaking the language :hmm: Equivalent is, of course, fine as well. Language in the cockpit will be English, due to the fact that pilots are hired from different countries.

madflier
18th Aug 2010, 10:39
I don't see anybody in this forum showing own's qualifications off all the time, this is what I call a very egocentric one.

I agree with you 1975, not fitting in anywhere but not only because of looking always for better conditions elsewhere but also for the personality. It is very easy to recognize anybody's from his first talking.

At least for others trying to get a seat in this company it's good to hear that, as a good example for their lives and careers, of what not to become. :=

By the way, even though not all German people are that good as expected, we all have to admit that their average is quite high above others, may not be in many areas, but in no case at all we have to believe ourselves to be the best ones, and therefore the only ones who deserve a job...also Germans are good like many others.

Anyway, getting back to the main topic, from a very reliable source of info inside, medical test is as normal as its 1st class, italian is preferable but not required. more chances at the interview if not having a current job, as long as he/she complies with the rest of requirements (nothing of big number of hrs flown required to fly these computers), as to mainly cover for FO positions and FOs as future Captains. thus, willing to signing long term bonds only and being normal...

Best of luck to all,

Eurocargo
18th Aug 2010, 12:44
more chances at the interview if not having a current job

Is this true...?? :{ Even for a very poor turboprop pilot? :uhoh:

Anyway, first step is to pass the terrific DLR... :cool:

Greenpilots
18th Aug 2010, 13:10
They are looking for pretty new FOs without MCC and so on that they can then train according to the LH beliefs. But give it a try!

Eurocargo
18th Aug 2010, 13:27
They are looking for pretty new FOs without MCC and so on that they can then train according to the LH beliefs. But give it a try!

Thank you for your reply, this is very bad news for me, I hope I am not wasting my time studying all the test. :(
I know that only few pass the dlr, 5% or so, but I can't imagine the frustration if I incredibly manage to pass DLR and sim, and then I fail the interview because I have some experience.... :ugh:
Well, I will sure give it a try....

Greenpilots
18th Aug 2010, 13:31
If they invite you for the test, it shows that you are the target group. Try to think about all the positive aspects your carrier had, by giving you more experience and so on and then sell that to the comittee at the interview. Be confident (but not too much)!

Eurocargo
18th Aug 2010, 13:42
Ok greenpilots, got the message, thank you :ok:

Anyway, it's an opportunity more unique then rare, I'll do my best.
First step...DLR! :cool:

I have read somewhere that there is the possibility to do some training, apart the CBT and Skytest which I have, by paying, is this convenient? Have you heard about this?
My averages are not so bad, just the memory stuff is making me mad like hell... :\

Greenpilots
18th Aug 2010, 14:16
There are a number of training programs for the German ab-initio test. I haven't done it myself, but about 2/3 of all wannabee pilot students that make it through the DLR test, have done that. It is never a guarantee for anything and opinions range from "absolute waste of money" to "would have never made it without it". I don't know if they offer classes for the LHI DLR...

Try to contact the following for further info, if you are interested:

ToPilots - Professionelle Vorbereitung auf den Lufthansa Einstellungstest und Pilotentest (http://www.topilots.de) (I know that they offer training for the DLH ready entry test)
S&P Training - Das DLR-Test-Seminar - Startseite (http://sundptraining.de)
dlr dlr-test dlrtest pilotentest einstellungstest lufthansatest fluglotse flugbegleiter dlr dlr-test dlrtest pilotentest einstellungstraining für piloten fluglotsen und flugbegleiter DLR-Test (http://www.attc.de) (not the best reputation, but webiste also in English!)

wingbar
18th Aug 2010, 20:40
Hi Guys,

Just sent my application in and I was wondering
how long from submitting the application until receiving the call/email to attend the Dlr test normally takes from your experience so far?

Regards

WB

Iver
19th Aug 2010, 01:53
Just read from an Aviation Week article (week of August 16, 2010) about Lufthansa Italia and Alitalia (financial results not so good in the market for either company). The interesting paragraphs regarding Lufthansa Italia are as follows:

"According to Birlenbach, Lufthansa Italia is looking at adding regional jets that it could use to complement the network on thinner routes for which its A319s are too big. She also does not rule out introducing long-haul services, but that will happen once a bigger European network is established. Today, 20% of Lufthansa Italia's passengers connect through Malpensa."

Another intersting line from the article:

"Lufthansa Italia is also burdened by legacy costs: it is paying for group overhead it does not need and its aircraft are flown by Lufthansa mainline pilots..... Birlenbach says the airline is starting to recruit pilots on the international market who will be paid to local standards well below the Lufthansa pay levels. It is also building up its in-house administration to make it less dependent on corporate support."

Heike Birlenbach is the Managing Director of Lufthansa Italia. Again, I quoted these lines directly from the article. Discuss....

DHC6to8
19th Aug 2010, 07:57
Hello, I would like to know if the DLR test for LH Italia is in english or in german? I know the DLR test for Sunexpress is all in english, so I thought that the DLR test for LH Italia might just be in english... can anybody confirm?
Thanks
6to8

Greenpilots
19th Aug 2010, 08:09
Of course it is English, why would it be in German...?

The information of the article does not seem to be up to date. I can remember reading the exactly same words about a year ago. 20% pax changing airplanes in MXP? I don't think so... Smaller jets? Most probably not operated by LHI, if used at all. Current plans are to operate around 6-8 A319s for which aircraft are secured. Cheaper Pilots? Definitly!

azdriver
19th Aug 2010, 08:14
Hei GreenPilots,

I read your post regarding time to command, and It seems that new joiners will need to wait 42 month before upgrade. Do you think the rule will be changed in the future considering that Italian CAA seems to put a new requirements for local AOC that will be granted only if all the pilots speak Italian?

thanks
azdriver

Greenpilots
19th Aug 2010, 09:18
I want to see that rule being applied, I am sure the other European countries are not gonna like it. Can't imagine this taking place... Even if, there will be ways to pass a language test (and if it by learning the language).

Anyway, you never know how things might change, BUT all ops and procedures are supervised by the LH mainline safety pilot and the German pilot union (or its counterparts in the company). Therefore I do not see, why the 42 months/3000 hrs rule should/can be changed. Until now, LH was a company that you stayed with for your whole life! Nobody normally made it under 10 years from the right to the left seat and once structures at LHI are established, I can imagine that things might be similar. So if you want to become captain in the fast line, sit in the right seat for a short while now or go elsewhere. That will propably be your only chance with LHI for some time.

azdriver
19th Aug 2010, 10:35
GreenPilots,

thanks for the answer. That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. So, to clear things further, the requirements are:

1) 42 month with the company

2) 3000 hrs company time

One, more thing: the commands will go, for the first 2 years to DLH pilots?

Thanks for clarifing this...

Regards
azdriver

ps: there is a formal proposition in the transport commission of the lower and higher chamber for Italian speaking pilots on italian AOC, this is to advert what happened recently wth foreign carriers obtaining AOC with no Italian speaking pilots and not hiring any Italian speaking pilots. I do not know if will pass but, still it's something interesting to watch

DHC6to8
19th Aug 2010, 11:33
Thanks Green... I do appreciate it! As well, are all the FOM/AOM written in english? I can speak conversational Italian... my wife was born and raised in Sicily, so I hear it everyday at home! Is there an age limit for entry in LH Italia? The last I heard is that the EU has forbidden age limits in hiring now, so LH can no longer limit the intake of pilots to only the youngest. Is there any truth to this?
Thanks again and please keep all constructive info coming!
Cheers
6to8

Greenpilots
19th Aug 2010, 11:50
Hi all,

minimum stay for the LH mainline pilots is three years. If you need 3000 hrs in the company and you will get about 700-800 maximum (!) hrs a year, you can easily calculate that for yourself :ok:

@DHC6to8: I will say it once again: Language in the cockpit is English, test is in English, Italian is not required. Now the million Euro question: Will all the papers and documents be in English??

One more thing about the newspaper article: Yes, LHI has some overhead costs at the moment, due to the German crews flying (however passengers love them - never experienced on-time flights with such a service with Alitalia...). Still, LH Germany is paying for part of the marketing, routes assessment, the infrastructure behind many things (e.g. booking website). There is no reason to complain from their side...

cosmiccomet
19th Aug 2010, 12:37
I have just received an email with the T&C for LH Italia.

This is the pay scale,

Contratto Colletivo Aziendale Lavoro – Lufthansa Italia S.p.A
Example - average sample calculation - (gross) :

(First Officer, first year)*:
55h, 40 sectors: €2700 + ca. €480 allow
80h, 57 sectors: €3524 + ca. €720 allow
95h, 68 sectors: €4433 + ca. €820 allow
(First Officer, fifth year)*:
55h, 40 sectors: €3540 + ca. €480 allow
80h, 57 sectors: €4503 + ca. €720 allow
95h, 68 sectors: €5823 + ca. €820 allow

EAM
19th Aug 2010, 14:48
- never experienced on-time flights with such a service with Alitalia... most of my flights were on time :D, service what service???:}

Anyway, if this is the salary, well then it is very very low, I think AirDolomiti Crews get more.
If LHITA wants to pay the lowest salary in italy....well they are on a good way.
This is even below AirBerlin or Niki salary.:eek: even Windjet pays more.

Greenpilots
19th Aug 2010, 18:42
Keep in mind that per diems are very high in Italy! Its easily another 500 Euros a month and you now have the chance of becoming a captain very fast. With LH mainline you will also have a net income of about 3.000 to 3.500 Euros the first year, so it is not much of a difference in the beginning. And as I recall it, one of Alitalias problems was the high costs of its pilots...

EAM
19th Aug 2010, 19:37
Keep in mind that per diems are very high in Italy!
Didnt I tell you that several times?! Its anyway a low salary, not only compared to Alitalia.

And as I recall it, one of Alitalias problems was the high costs of its pilots...
for sure not, Alitalia had other problems, not pilots salary.

Greenpilots
19th Aug 2010, 22:41
You were right on the per diems, much higher than with LH mainline, just got the numbers yesterday...

dirk85
20th Aug 2010, 11:01
Would you mind to share with us those numbers? :}:}

alkor
20th Aug 2010, 14:18
the above figures are gross. So net would be around 40-50% less, which is really really bad pay.

and i doubt that the pay is so bad.

you get more at wizz.

Cheers,
a

EAM
20th Aug 2010, 15:01
So net would be around 40-50% less
Where did you get this from? I remember my last "busta paga" showed about 20-30% of tax, so unless Silvio raised income tax in the last year tax should be around 1/3.

alkor
20th Aug 2010, 15:09
even 20-30% is low. 2100€ :=.

As far as I know City line FO gets net, around; varies between 4500-6000€ all together (with per diems).

Well...we ll see.

Cheers,

a

ChicagoHeights
20th Aug 2010, 17:35
hi sorry to be a little of topic, but you guys keep talking about this DLR test, is it anything like the JAA ATPL exams? is there any kind of prep book or something? thanks

EAM
20th Aug 2010, 18:02
even 20-30% is low. 2100€ .
absolutly, I think everyone in italy pays more.
I always think the salary shows how a company values you as an employee.

MARCOVOLA
20th Aug 2010, 18:02
Hi,
Does anyone know if you need to go through the IML process with LHI or Class 1 taken from different country is enough for them?

frits
20th Aug 2010, 20:06
Hi all,

I hear rumours about a very expensive trainingbond you have to sign at Lufthansa Italia, 50.000+ figures. Has anyone more information about this?

Kind regards,

bio161
20th Aug 2010, 22:08
Yes there is a bond for the TR, and i do confirm all the datas given by greenpilots concerning the upgrading to the CPT position.

Just to underline it, as greenpilots already mentioned, LH, in the 99% of the times, makes a relationship with the worker which lasts a lifetime.

So if you are basically looking for a TR and/or a cpt upgrade to go somewhere else in the near future (without criticising it, everybody has his own targets) i would say that it's not the correct company for you.

The biggest part, if not the 100%, of the LH pilots would refuse a 30% increase in salary and a faster cpt upgrade, for example in Emirates, because it's different to have a fast and rich career somewhere in a X company, and to be part of a huge group to which you FEEL to belong.

This is what LH has been able to do in the last decades. To give the feeling to the employee to be PART of something. And this is more important than earning some $$$$ more and being just a number around.

Behind the success of LH, i think, this is a key point. And they will go on with this philosophy in the future in every plan they will make, in Germany, in Italy or in Uganda.

To everybody all the best.
bio161

maybepilot
21st Aug 2010, 00:16
bio161,

what a load of bullsh.it!
LHI has screened and failed tens of pilots last year in the name of their own internal union dispute, had these pilots passed the selection there would have been no jobs for them anyways in those days and if they wanted to re-apply now they can't.
Not really the kind of situation you describe:

The biggest part, if not the 100%, of the LH pilots would refuse a 30% increase in salary and a faster cpt upgrade, for example in Emirates, because it's different to have a fast and rich career somewhere in a X company, and to be part of a huge group to which you FEEL to belong.

This is what LH has been able to do in the last decades. To give the feeling to the employee to be PART of something. And this is more important than earning some $$$$ more and being just a number around.

On top of that if you consider the bond and the sub-standard T&C's then the picture if far from being the safe heaven you seem to dream of.

bio161
21st Aug 2010, 08:03
"what a load of bullsh.it!" :eek:

Sorry that you think so..But first of all i was not speaking about the selection, everyone has his own story, we all know it!

Beside this if you think that what i wrote about the idea of being part of LH is false, then it shows you don't know the kind of enviroment they are working in. I'm not speaking about heaven on earth, i'm speaking about an airline, one of the few ones, which establishes a fixed relationship with the employee to ensure a growth in professionalism and quality. If you feel to be more and more part of something then you will work in a better way.

I would like to make you read a post of streetcardriving, in the thread about LH and the union:

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/402173-lufthansa-pilots-ballot-strike-action-post5790663.html#post5790663

"...If you want to become a Lufthansa captain, there is another requirement: You are only allowed to take part in the training to become a commander, if you have an experience of at least 3,000h with an airline operating in accordance with all Lufthansa standards.

That does not mean that you are not able to become a commander if you have some thousands hours of experience with another airline. Nevertheless, research has shown, that a common culture among pilots is one of many important items to establish a safe operation. A culture is something which cannot be learned from a book, especially if you are used to fly in a different environment. A culture has to be established. This can be done, if new pilots have to spend some thousand hours with experienced captains who already live that kind of culture in the cockpit. That's why Lufthansa will use captains from its mainline until the LHI first officers have a "Lufthansa - experience" of at least 3,000h and are ready to become captains.

Once again, I'd like to emphasize, that there are a lot of experienced Italian pilots who are excellent captains. All have their individual way how to do the job - and I do not talk about any procedure violations. There are just hundred ways to operate an aircraft according to the book. If you like to have a certain degree of homogeneity among pilots, it is much easier to teach and form relatively young and inexperienced pilots than it is to make experienced captains change their way of making decisions.

Me and most of my colleagues treat foreign colleagues with respect and we all believe in their skills (unfortunately there are a handful of exceptions, who I personally consider to be arrogant idiots), nevertheless the concept I've just tried to describe has worked well for Lufthansa in the past and we pilots do not want to see it changed. Personally, I like the idea of having a common seniority list, which gives all Lufthansa pilots (LHI, LCAG & DLH) the chance to apply for all positions the company has to offer. Unfortunately, this proposal was rejected by our managers.

I know that there are other professional airlines like Emirates, who have hired pilots with various backgrounds and these airlines also conduct safe flights. There are hundred ways how to run an airline and Lufthansa Italia will apply the standards, Lufthansa has used for decades.

I hope that there will be a regular exchange between DLH and LHI pilots. It's just the beginning of something new within a well established legacy carrier. Maybe we will be united in the future.

Auguro a tutti Voi tanto successo!

Streetcar driver"

This is what i was trying to explain before.

I hope now you have it a little bit more clear.

maybepilot
21st Aug 2010, 09:08
What streetcardriver says isn't carved in stone, what you then said is actually even offensive to some.
LH is one of the last legacy carriers in Europe that still has some kind of decent corporate culture and that treats its pilots fairly but don't forget the second class citizens of Cityline for example.

LHI ,after failing hundreds of pilots last year, has now re started hiring pilots with different requirements leaving the italian language out for instance.
Probably lots of non-italian pilots will apply and the perspective of having lots of underpaid foreign pilots (because the LHI pay is substandard) living in a foreign country and having to deal with an extremely inefficient environment like the cassa marittima,the fondo volo,the lack of decent international schools,the lack of opportunities for non italian speaking wives and so on (seen it before in expats living near MXP) is a situation that clashes with your view of:

The reason is very simple: LH has managed to create what you say in Germany amongst german pilots who are based and living at home.
Re-creating a "german sense of belonging" in a bunch of foreign pilots living in a foreign country will be a tough job, especially if the T&C's are already on the low side before even starting.

bio161
21st Aug 2010, 09:20
Mmh..I can understand your personal point of view and i respect it..but can you just say what did i write of "offensive"? Just being sincerly curious because i didn't have the intention of..

maybepilot
21st Aug 2010, 09:39
Offensive to the hundreds of pilots who wanted to "belong" to the big LH family and who got screwed on the basis of internal industrial disputes, who applied without even knowing how sub-standard the conditions would have been,who were not told they would join as F/O's, who see people applying one year later with changed requirements....to these hundreds of pilots don't mention the fairy-tale about the "sense of belonging" because they might be offended.
Clear?

bio161
21st Aug 2010, 09:45
I think you didn't get the meaning of my posts. You see something bad where there is actually nothing.

frits
21st Aug 2010, 10:44
Hey Bio161,

Do you maybe have more specific information about the trainingbond? I mean is it 50.000 if you leave within a year and 25.000 after one year and after 2 years only 12.500?

Because what you described before about making a relationship for a lifetime would be true if you're part of a legacy carier. But since LH Italia and LH Mainline are two different company's that doesn't count. So if the legacy cariers are going to hire in 1,2 maybe 3 years and you still have an expensive bond to pay it would make a transfer difficult.

thanks in advance!!

ricky-godf
21st Aug 2010, 11:16
Bio161

hiring pilots on a class B salary is NOT employing a pilot for a lifetime relationship and sense of belonging. It means you are cheap labour, the DLH cpt on the LHS will be part of the Lufthansa dream career, as the managers in Frankfurt running the airlines...you will be a second class pilot.
That is what ruined relationship in CX.

If they really wanted to have Lufthansa pilots based in MXP, at the end of the tough selection process they should offer you a LH contract..otherwise it is a big NO THANKS for me.

Ricky

Greenpilots
21st Aug 2010, 14:55
What is wrong with you people? It is a good salary, if you take all the extras into account. You are getting the type-rating (who ever said you would have to pay for that???). The LHI operation I know is shaped by a very good sense of commuality and if we can keep the spirit of LH through the start-up phase (experienced LH pilots will hopefully ensure the standards are kept high), you will have a good life. It may not be the German way, but I believe that LH Italia will be a great company.

I do agree that the conditions are maybe not good enough for someone who is a captain elsewhere, but ideal for someone fresh out of school. If you don't like it, you don't have to apply! LH is not giving away christmas presents, but it is not all about money!

IMRPOVED CLIMB
21st Aug 2010, 17:52
Training Bond is 5 years-35.000 euros, so 7.000 euros per year.
:= is NOT 50.000 euros, thats false.

good luck everyone!;)

azdriver
22nd Aug 2010, 20:45
All but TVT-Physics

Take care
azdriver

IMRPOVED CLIMB
23rd Aug 2010, 01:54
All but TVT-Physics

Take care
azdriver

are you 100% sure about that? that would be great news! and what about the RAG-Maths?

thank you azdriver;)

azdriver
23rd Aug 2010, 07:49
100% sure. I did it last year for LHI. And yes, ALSO RAG-Mathematics it's not there.

take care
azdriver

Tarzanboy
23rd Aug 2010, 09:30
Thank you azdriver!
Good info :ok:

To confirm: NO RAG-Mathematics:uhoh:, NO TVT-Physics:eek:

"By the way, today and tomorrow there are the first sim assessment after last year, we wait for the reports asap!"

What do you mean with that azdriver? Have you been waiting to do a sim assessment for one year or so?

Thanks!

Wanny
23rd Aug 2010, 13:33
Hi everybody!

Do you have to pay the type rating yourself?

Kind regards

Knee Trembler
24th Aug 2010, 15:10
Re DLR test:

Watch out, as the tests are different each time. We had no maths but the supposedly obsolescent zigzag test.

Buy the book and get the Sky-test software and practice, practice, practice.

IMHO the two hardest tests are running memory span (RMS) and visual perception (OWT). For the latter, make sure you train with the correct version (i.e. digits removed!!).

The definitive source of info is:

Pilotenboard.de :: DLR-Test, Lufthansa, AUA, ... :: Infos, Ausbildung, Erfahrungsberichte :: Index (http://www.pilotenboard.de/)

There is a lot written and talked about DLR, whether it's fair or not I can't say and it doesn't really matter because it is as it is. All I can say is put the hours in and you have a good chance. After all I passed it:8.

KT

mind ur business
24th Aug 2010, 16:13
Does anyone of you that passed the DLR can tell me if you think is enough practicing with the material they sent us?
Do we have to expect tests we've never seen before?

sodapop
24th Aug 2010, 18:39
Ciao Ricky,

Scusa ma....what do you know about the relationship between A scale, B scale, Freighter scale etc. in CX?

Poi...seeing as you are determined NOT to apply to LHI, why do you even bother to write on this forum?

Terza, e l'ultima, domanda....are you even airbus type-rated?

Vai piano e basso, sempre...

Mandi frut.

Sodapop

angelorange
24th Aug 2010, 19:09
If you are over 32 yrs old you won't get a chance even if you are a type rated and experienced SFO.

This is due to change of recruitment from 2009 after a deal with LH mainline Union.

cosmiccomet
24th Aug 2010, 22:28
If there is a 32 years age limitation...why I have received the invitation for the DLR:confused::confused::confused:

DHC6to8
25th Aug 2010, 08:43
The age laws in the EU have been changed: it is now no longer allowed for a company (like LH or LHI) to demand an age limit, if they do they can be sued for discrimination. To be honest, if they really do not want anybody in age above 32 years old, then they will still have to invite qualified pilots for the selection and wash them out with some other factor. This is their game and they can play by the rules they create within a larger EU mandated set of laws (such as the age clause). I say good luck to all who apply, I wish you the best!
Ciao,
6to8

ptithomme
26th Aug 2010, 16:08
Hi everybody,

I had an invitation for the DLR the 22nd october. At this date I'll be in Africa for a raid, and so until the 26th...

Do you know if it's possible to ask for another date? Anybody else in this case?

hetfield
26th Aug 2010, 16:38
Try

http://www.lufthansaafrica.com (http://www.lufthansaafrica.com/)

huge pitot
27th Aug 2010, 12:44
Hi everyone,

I have a LHI DLR coming up and wondered if anybody knows much about the whole recruitment process?
I know about all the tests for which we get sent the practice material, however what else is this first day likely to involve? I have heard there might be an aviation specific technical test, is this true? Also is there an interview on the 1st day and if not when is this likely to be? I am assuming if you are successful there will be a sim assessment?

Any information anyone has about any of this would be much appreciated.

Regarding the discussion on the DLR process itself, I dont know if it is 'the best' in system in the world but it seems to have worked for LH for over 50 years! Im just going to approach it as positively as I can, work hard for it and hope for the best....still pretty nervous though :-S !

cosmiccomet
27th Aug 2010, 17:18
According to Ms Doris, after the DLR assesment would be the sim check but in not less than month.

Anyway, I am studying from the DLR data base because after using the Skytest for three days and I have found that it is much easier than the the DLR.

I have found that my numbers are not improving if I run the tests more than twice per day.
Anyway, I am really low in some of the tests :{:{:{

goaroundnow
27th Aug 2010, 17:43
Hi Guys

I'm going to DLR for LH Italia on 13th October.

Other posts on here clearly state which tests we can expect from the DLR, i.e. no mathematics or physics. If the testing is just the other modules, which you can practice from the CBT they have sent, do you think there is any point to get the SkyTest software?

It seems this SkyTest software contains many "extra" tests. Or is it true to say we could expect different tests to those contained in the CBT? Does the SkyTest software contain "tricks"?

Also, (sorry to go on!) can somebody who has been shed any light on whether there is an interview or not? Is it just the computer testing or a lot more (i.e. ATPL test, personality test etc).

Cheers

Greenpilots
30th Aug 2010, 17:41
Hi everyone,

just got an email from someone asking why to enter bank details. I think it is not to withdraw money from your account, but to credit you the money you receive when going to the test.

Speedbrakesdeployed
30th Aug 2010, 20:12
As it is not possible to withdraw any money from your account with the information you provide, it is to reimburse you.

Greenpilots
31st Aug 2010, 09:43
Btw, has anyone done the new tests yet?

goaroundnow
1st Sep 2010, 17:24
Hi

Has anyone else going to LH Italia DLR had the e-mail informing of a new CBT on the training download?

I have but cannot see any additional tests or any that have been modified since Feb 2010.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Cheers

azdriver
1st Sep 2010, 18:26
Hi everyone,

I will be going soon to the 3rd selection phase in Hamburg(the FQ/FU part).

I could not find any info here on pprune (I did use the serch function:cool:) soooo, anyone that is willing to provide some info on that?

Thanks for the help and regards
azdriver

Eurocargo
1st Sep 2010, 18:30
Has anyone else going to LH Italia DLR had the e-mail informing of a new CBT on the training download?

I have but cannot see any additional tests or any that have been modified since Feb 2010.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Check better,
the visual memory has changed, now is VMC.... :ugh:

Birdy767
2nd Sep 2010, 08:02
I have been to the 3rd step.... wasted my time and money in preparing this joke computer test. Having spent a week in Germany training on this computer game (something like bridges and weights) I m sure that I have passed the test! However for some "Luft clowns" that was not enough... I have been doing this job for more than 10 years and work for a national flag but this is the most disgusting experience ever.

Protectionists Union in the heart of European Union.

However... good luck

azdriver
2nd Sep 2010, 10:40
Thank you Birdy767.

Apart from this test (what's the name by the way?) what other assessments will a candidate go thorught in the 3rd part?

take care
azdriver

Birdy767
2nd Sep 2010, 21:57
Hi, I can t remember what s the name but basically it s a kind of CRM computer software. You need to top up some "bridges" with the weights you have been allocated before you have started the exercice(visualize and memorize lots of infos in 10 sec: max weight/bridge - restriction/bridge - your weights - your buddy weights). Then you got about 90 sec. You need to communicate clearly and rapidly with the other pilot (one of you is the leader) as you need to use both of your weights to solve correctly the "problem".

I am afraid that without training there is no chance to pass the test except if you are a genius. ATTC owns this software but you will need to cash and be prepared for a 5 days seminar. They will also train you for a "psycho" confrontation. Eg: You are the Captain, your flight is overbooked due to flight cancellation, and one VIP (First Class frequent traveller) is standing up in the cabin with no seat... and of course complaining...

Good luck. Expect to seat in a room for hours with no infos before the pilot management sentence which was for us. "We don t have good news"

W A E V E R mister haughty Lufty...

Anyway I wish you a better outcome!

matteotortoioli
3rd Sep 2010, 16:26
Thank you Birdy for your informations!!!

And sorry for the outcome.

matteotortoioli
6th Sep 2010, 09:34
Hi Guys,
Greenpiloi is right, because the Italian language its only preferable and not mandatory anymore.

Ciao

Greenpilots
6th Sep 2010, 12:01
The bridge test is not about solving the problem, but communication. The results do not matter much, as long as you do not mess up totally. I have seen people pass with low points and fail with maximum points...
Having to wait for an endless amount of time, really gets on your nerves, but be assured that all LH pilots have gone through that as well ;-) I am sorry you did not make it Birdy, but I wonder why you would leave a national flag carrier in Europe and start as FO with LHI?

Birdy767
7th Sep 2010, 08:28
lol

1) I have never said that I was working for a EUROPEAN flag.

2) I have never said that the position was F/O. At the time I have wasted my time with this joke it was DEC...

So communicate involves to understand the message before replying... Some airlines may have a different definition... "Whatever is the message, I reply whatever I want..."

Please don t take it against yourself as there is no reason to argue but I just hope that all of you will get a better issue that the one I had.

A3X0
7th Sep 2010, 11:15
My application to LHI on the online application has been blocked because apparently age versus number of hours.

Is there a limit age versus hours when applying for LHI? If yes, anyone knows what are those limits?

Thank you in advance

A3X0

spidersurf
8th Sep 2010, 10:36
hello,
could anyone confirm if the sim is in a b737-200, i mean with no screen...

i´m looking for a partner to perform a few hours in B737 classic sim, does anybody know where can i find a sim in europe and if someone interested???

please contact me ASAP

azdriver
8th Sep 2010, 10:58
the sim is a 737/300
take care
azdriver

EAM
9th Sep 2010, 09:33
I think there is no 737/200 Sim in FRA, so it is on a 737/300.
If you wanna do some hours on FullFlight, you can do it in FRA via Lufthansa Training, or Intercockpit for around 500€ p/h
If a Fixed Base is enough for you I suggest you TFC Käufer in Düsseldorf for around 250€ p/h.

9th Sep 2010, 10:11
my opinion is that it is a waste of money to be training one self on the 737 sim, no disrespect to the ones that are doing that. I do beleive that the last thing they are looking at is if you are familiar on that type of aircraft, maybe it is a good ide for those who are not currently flying and are feeling "rusty". Then again I assume that you will get a rough procedure guideline to be used in the assesement, which you can probably not practice on at all.

Good luck to those who have made it that far, still waiting on the 7th for the DLR´s:)

P.S. can anyone help me to find the documents from their website that you are supposed to fill out and bring along to Hamburg, cannot find them on their website?

Regards

Eurocargo
9th Sep 2010, 11:20
still waiting on the 7th for the DLR´s

Meet you there! :ok:

The docs are in the package that you download with the dlr!
Best of luck! :)

oneflightcrew
13th Sep 2010, 13:30
Hello everybody,

Can someone tell me if the real VMC test is made of the same shapes as the new test we had to download a couple of weeks ago?

If it's the same shapes it makes the test a bit easier. I get around 81-83% for the moment, but that score doesn't seem to go up much unfortunatly http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/puppy_dog_eyes.gif

Thanx

OFC

IMRPOVED CLIMB
14th Sep 2010, 14:24
Hi,

could someone tell something about the Simulator Screening (2nd step)?

i know is a B737-300, would be great to know what did you do there, app (prec-non prec), go arounds, failures, holdings, briefings...

thank you very much

ricky-godf
14th Sep 2010, 15:28
The sim screening lasts around 2 hrs, the first part is around 1h15' and you'll be flying raw data IFR, the second part (after a 10' break) is an MCC exercise that lasts 20-30'.

Part 1: IFR departure, general handling to get used to the aircraft (turns, climbs descents), then you'll be told to join the hold somewhere. After you enter the hold you'll be performing an ILS approach to go around followed by radar vectors for a non precision approach to land.

Everything is flown a/p off, a/thr off and f/d off, with rose NAV/ILS.
There will be no failure, but if you are B737 rated you'll be doing a non precision followed by an ILS with circle to land instead.

LHI will give you LIDO approach plates and sim profiles before the sim screening (including pitch/power settings), however the plates are only to get used to them, they might not reflect the actual airport used in the sim detail. (In my case it was HAM).

The sim partner (a LH trainer) will seat on the other seat and will act as a robot, he will only do what you tell him to (example: atc tells you to change freq, he will reply but not change freq unless you tell him to).
The brefing will explain how everything works, and they will be playing no tricks.

Part 2: it will be a LOFT scenarios, the sim partner will become human and you'll be using all the automations you want (they don't expect you to be proficient flying the a/c, it is all about decision making and crew co-operation).

You'll find yourself crusing at FL 300-340 over nothern Italy, something will happen (non tech, most likely a medical emergency) that requires you to divert. Wx at en-route diversions is not the best, some airfield will have CB, others will require a circle to land...
They want you to enter a decision making process with the sim partner, go through a briefing and descend towards the airfield (the sim will stop before you get there, once the decision to divert is made).
In my case the captain was trying to test my decision making, for example:
once we were told by a cabin crew that the SCCM collapsed in the front galley, he told me that it was likely to be nothing serious, just too many drinks the night before (my reply: yes, most likely, but let's ask if there is a doctor onboard,and let's get some wx for diversion....just in case!)..doctor found and diversion needed.
Then we planned for a circle to land, he said he hasn't done one in ages and felt most confident landing with tailwind....with 15 kts tailwind! Obviously can't do it and I tried to reassure him that I was more than happy to fly a circling since I am used to them.
This second part of the sim, as I said, is all about making a decision together about the best course of action... but expect to be questioned by your sim partner if you still think that's a good idea.... it's test after all!

Best of luck
Ricky

maverick_supersonic
14th Sep 2010, 15:39
Hi there.

Does anyone have any idea of how many people will be taking these tests? Just out of curiosity.

Speedbrakesdeployed
15th Sep 2010, 11:58
Has anyone received an invitation for DLR recently, i.e. the last week or so? My application is in, and I have been in contact with Ms Doris.

Speedbrakesdeployed
16th Sep 2010, 19:59
....... and do you recieve the invitation by regular mail or e-mail?

Cheers

Niceflight
16th Sep 2010, 20:14
Hi Speedbrakesdeployed,

I've been contacted by Ms Doris last month (by phone then email) for an assessment on 15th of October (for direct entry FO A319). I am still not sure about the content of the first day. According to previous threads of this topic, I expect only the following:

ENS-English
KRN-Mental Arithmetic
OWT-Perceptual Speed
RMS-Running Memory Span
ROT-Cube Rotation
SKT-Concentration
VLR-Spatial Orientation
MEK-Visual Memory (new test)

Could you please confirm the program of this first day (somebody who had recently passed this assessment for LHI)?

Niceflight
16th Sep 2010, 21:36
Other comment about RMS (Running Memory Span), I heard the required score is about 80%. My top score is stuck at about 20%. I really doubt that someone can memorize up to 25 digits and restore them in opposite order (by using memory only).

If yes, I'll give them my pilot job because they are really amazing people!

maverick_supersonic
16th Sep 2010, 23:08
Hi Niceflight,

Can you confirm no VMC, RAG & TVT?

IMRPOVED CLIMB
16th Sep 2010, 23:41
the RMS standar average is something above 4,8 numbers per round.

a total of 25% is a "humble" average score to pass.

ricky-godf (http://www.pprune.org/members/112833-ricky-godf): :Dthank you very much for your information!!! may i pm you to ask you some doubts i still have in my mind?:ugh:

by the way...did you pass the sim screening?

thanks!!!

IMRPOVED CLIMB
16th Sep 2010, 23:45
hi!

i went the 27th, and we had the VMC (2 back, 3 back), not the MEK.

good luck!

kiks737
17th Sep 2010, 06:32
Hi guys, has anybody heard from this airline and if they are hiring?

Niceflight
17th Sep 2010, 07:18
Thank you IMRPOVED CLIMB,

My mistake about Visual Memory... So to summarize the content of DLR Day 1 for LHI this year (sept-oct 2010):

ENS-English
KRN-Mental Arithmetic
OWT-Perceptual Speed
RMS-Running Memory Span
ROT-Cube Rotation
SKT-Concentration
VLR-Spatial Orientation
VMC-Visual Memory (new test)

No RAG, no TVT (reserved for ab-initio only) and MEK replaced by VMC.
I suppose there are some ATPL questions (for Direct Entry), could you confirm IMRPOVED CLIMB?

thunderbird-1
17th Sep 2010, 10:32
I would be surprised that there is no RAG and no TVT as those exams are in the training CBT. I think it has been some confusion about it due to the coment of AZdriver who passed the DLR last year, and as he said, last year there was no RAG and TVT.
Nobody, so far, has given any feedback about the DLR 2010 and it would be very nice to have one.
Thanks

goaroundnow
17th Sep 2010, 17:57
I was informed that Physics and Mathematics are being tested.

huge pitot
17th Sep 2010, 20:09
I can confirm from a very recent assessment for LHI that there is no TVT or RAG only mental arithmetic. There is a 39 question ATPL test though, not too hard, suggest reading through Ace the technical pilot most of it in there.

Mach4000
19th Sep 2010, 15:01
Hi guys.
Am I the only on who is having problems extracting the CBT? I can't extract ENS, SKT, RMS and KRN. Everything else is no problem. Tried both winzip and winrar, says the files are corrupted.

alkor
20th Sep 2010, 07:52
how long did it take from the recruitment team to give you an answer, after you delivered all the necessary papers?

Cheers,
a

Niceflight
20th Sep 2010, 08:26
Hi Alkor,

For me, it took more than 1 year. In fact, I applyed for the first time at LHI last year.
And last month, I was invited for an assessment in next october for direct entry (already type rating on A320 and speaking a basic Italian)

Speedbrakesdeployed
20th Sep 2010, 17:57
Hi,

I also have problems extracting RMS, SKT, ENS and KRN. Anyone found a sollution for this problem?

Cheers

alkor
21st Sep 2010, 13:38
hi again,

anyone solved the problem extracting files.

and one more question, have you considered your stay in Hamburg. I guess the
best option would be airport Hotel.

Cheers,
a

Mach4000
22nd Sep 2010, 08:15
I've tried to contact DLR through their homepage but that doesn't seem to work either. Anyone had some luck with these files?
The airport hotel seems to be the closest so probably a good choice.

maverick_supersonic
22nd Sep 2010, 12:02
Also searching for hotels. So you guys suggest the Airport Hotel? Will have a look into it. Any other recommendations?

alkor
22nd Sep 2010, 14:57
hey,

Who is going in November?

See you there and good luck to all of you!!

A

Speedbrakesdeployed
22nd Sep 2010, 20:14
Anyone figured out the file problem?

I`m going in for the 15th of October :uhoh:

drag king
22nd Sep 2010, 21:08
I also have problems extracting RMS, SKT, ENS and KRN. Anyone found a sollution for this problem?

Mine opened flawlessly, both versions. And I bought the Skytest CD. I am also there on Oct 15th, Ibis Hotel.

Buona fortuna!

DK :ok:

goaroundnow
23rd Sep 2010, 09:15
Going on 15th and staying in Motel One - seems to be 2 minutes walk from DLR Centre.

Speedbrakesdeployed
23rd Sep 2010, 11:55
Drag King, check your PM`s:ok:

oneflightcrew
23rd Sep 2010, 12:21
I'll be going on the 22nd of October.

I'll be staying at Meinhotelinhamburg, which apparently is well located (next to the airport and next to the DLR center), cheap and OK : http://www.meinhotelinhamburg.de (http://www.meinhotelinhamburg.de/)

See you there perhaps :)

maverick_supersonic
23rd Sep 2010, 13:50
Hi. I'm also there on the 22nd and staying at the Mein.

Birdy767
23rd Sep 2010, 13:55
YouTube - We Are Sinking (German Coast Guard) (Berlitz Ad) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSdxqIBfEAw)

oscarnoto
24th Sep 2010, 09:36
I'll be there on October 15th.
I'm gonna stay at www.meinhotelinhamburg.de (http://www.meinhotelinhamburg.de%2F&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pprune.org%2Fnewreply.php%3Fdo%3Dnewre ply%26noquote%3D1%26p%3D5951783) , apparently nice, 44 euros per night.
See you there guys, good luck to all of you !

SW1
24th Sep 2010, 16:25
Anyone else having their DLR on the 7th October?

rubino
26th Sep 2010, 06:43
Count me in for 7th October.

26th Sep 2010, 09:48
I am on the 7th, Meinhotel

rubino
26th Sep 2010, 10:20
Has anybody an idea about the OWT test, if the zero point for the clocks is at the same point for 1 exercise, or does it change like in the CBT lvl3 from DLR.

Eurocargo
26th Sep 2010, 12:24
does it change like in the CBT lvl3 from DLR

I'm sorry, you're wrong, it does NOT change in the CBT al lvl3!

:ok:

Knee Trembler
26th Sep 2010, 13:50
If you are able to recall anything about the test afterwards, you have probably failed! You need to know that there will be digits missing and that you have about 1.25 secs to scan the screen. You will have NO capacity to recall what you saw!

On the same subject, the best tip I read was to move your chair as far back as possible from the monitor. This simple trick means your eyes have to scan through a smaller angle and I found it remarkably helpful.

Also, don't panic if you have a blank on the day. You almost certainly won't get all four dials correct. I averaged three and on at least one run, I only got two.

Most of the tests at DLR can be seen as a test of your ability to cope under pressure and keep going without giving up. If you feel you have loused a round up, try to put it immediately behind you and carry on. You will, hopefully, be pleasantly surprised. As you will hear on the day, many of the tests are doubled such that they take your average over two tests.

KT

SW1
26th Sep 2010, 14:27
Just to confirm: Is there an interview that day? and also is Maths and Physics being tested? Still finding that Cube rotation exercise a nightmare!!!

alkor
26th Sep 2010, 15:40
hi again,

As I understand DLR test is one day long.
Then we go back home and if we pass DLR we are invited back to sim and interview.

Correct me if I m wrong.

Cheers,
a

rubino
27th Sep 2010, 07:53
A question for the people who already did the DLR test last week.

Do you receive pen and paper for KRN - Mental Arithmetic?

And a question about RMS, what is a good average to pass this test. Is 4,5 sufficient?

Thanks in advance.

Knee Trembler
27th Sep 2010, 09:50
@SW1.

A good tip on the cube rotation is to imagine a pencil sticking out of the cube such that if the opening position is up, the pencil points vertically upwards and if it is right the pencil points horizontally right. Somehow, imagining the sweep of the pencil through the air with each rotation is easier than trying to picture the cube itself. Try it you'll see. And again, don't be phased on the day. The last run is almost impossible. I think they include it just to see if it is humanly possible. And make sure you are clear from which perspective the "forward" rotation is (i.e. is it away or towards the observer) I misunderstood this at first.

@ rubino

A good score at RMS is 4+. Here are a few tips to help with this if you are finding it difficult. Firstly try grouping the numbers into logical patterns. You are laughing for instance, if you get 325 (a BMW) or 767 etc. Assuming, that isn't the case try visualising the numbers in a rack four digits wide. As soon as the rack is full move this rack down in you mind and start filling the next rack directly above this. When the second rack is full, nod (yes really nod!). If your mind is like mine, you will immediately forget the first four digits but still retain the last four in your minds eye. In the worst case, the numbers will stop now and you will only get 4, but if you are lucky you will get between 5 and 8 as the new rack fills up. There are enough runs to easily get over 4 as an average. Incidentally, I tried variations of this method using three racks of three and two racks of five etc, but the two racks of four worked best for me.

KT

Knee Trembler
27th Sep 2010, 09:56
BTW,

DLR is one day long for ready entry pilots. If you see references to the two day variation, this is the BU which is for Lufthansa cadets with no prior experience.

KT

rubino
27th Sep 2010, 10:23
@KT

thanks, did you do the DLR for LHI, so yes, when?

And a question about KRN-Mental Arithmetic, do you receive a pen and paper, or is it 100% mental?

Knee Trembler
27th Sep 2010, 10:33
Did the GU for CLH (Lufthansa Cityline) in 2008. On that day we had no mental arithmetic but did have a simple applied maths test. I think we did have pen and paper for that.

As far as I know, DLR put together batches of test for each client. Can't imagine LHI will be significantly different to any other within the group and a pass at one is normally recognised by the other companies within LH (Sadly the same goes for a fail too!).

Just in case anyone has failed to get the message, the DLR is a ONCE ONLY test for ready entries (although, if you fail the BU you can have one other try as a ready entry).

KT

SW1
27th Sep 2010, 14:54
Thanks KT for the replies, I tried the pencil thing and it seems to be working:ok:

Any chance you know what the average score for the cue rotation is? The level 2 and 3 seems very difficult to keep up with, as the pace of her voice is just too quick. In addition how strict were they on the hand gestures rule? can you twiddle your thumbs under the desk, lets say:E

goaroundnow
27th Sep 2010, 16:57
Can anybody please inform us (who has been very recently) if there was Maths and Physics tested.

Any info on what are "good" scores would be great. Although, I assume everybody is just guessing.

My scores vary from 100% on some tests (level one) to about 70% on some tests (level 3). Running memory is about 25% (an average of about 4 digits).

Knee Trembler
28th Sep 2010, 06:55
If you are looking for actual information go to Pilotenboard.de :: DLR-Test, Lufthansa, AUA, ... :: Infos, Ausbildung, Erfahrungsberichte :: Index (http://www.pilotenboard.de). This is a site dedicated to the LH selection at all its stages!

Don't waste time asking what a good score is etc. The only people who know for sure aren't going to tell you. On the day you will have no idea what tests you are going to get. We had at least two which were supposedly obsolescent. DLR also use the tests as a research tool and it is quite possible you will have tests that aren't even assessed but run in parallel until they establish a fair pass mark. Just relax and stay flexible.

KT

manta02
28th Sep 2010, 08:08
Hi guys,

Somebody has an idea about ATPL and English quiz in Hamburg during DLR day? thanks

alkor
28th Sep 2010, 19:14
hi,

solved the problem extracting the file.
Just go to the parent directory, until you get on the web page, then choose coaching portal and follow the link on top of the page:

If your DLR assessment is conducted in English language, please click here for appropriate coaching material.

You have it then under Lufthansa.

Cheers,
a

Muvo85
28th Sep 2010, 21:17
Hey all,

The LH Italia HR people contacted me today. They were looking for a copy of my second level school diploma and a copy of my university degree.
Just wondering if this is routine? Have any of you been asked for this and then offered a selection place?
Thanks,
M85

Niceflight
29th Sep 2010, 06:58
Yes Muvo85, this is the normal process before beeing invited for an assessment.

french frog
29th Sep 2010, 09:38
I will be there the 7th of October and I will stay at the Motel One.
Anyone else in the same boat? Good luck

LeNautilus
29th Sep 2010, 12:07
I'll attend the test on the 22nd, staying in Motel One.
Did you guys get more info regarding the ATPL quizz? I've got the Ace book but there's a lot of things in it.

SW1
29th Sep 2010, 12:48
FrenchFrog,

I will be there on the 7th and staying in Motel One as well, See you there:ok:

gjln
29th Sep 2010, 16:12
Those called to the Interview
What is your experience?
Thanks

rubino
30th Sep 2010, 06:03
I waited for 9 months before i received my invitation. The day I applied Italian was mandatory, i am not sure if that's still mandatory or if they prefer it.

Niceflight
30th Sep 2010, 07:03
For gjln,

Applyed in 2009 and waiting more than 1 year before begin contacted by Doris.
Profile: low hour but type rated on A320 (speaking italian).

Wanny
30th Sep 2010, 15:17
Hello,

For those who went recently to the DLR test, is it permitted to use pen and paper for the mental calculations?

Kind regards

Dingowave
30th Sep 2010, 17:07
You are not given a pen and paper for any part of the LHI DLR.

Tarzanboy
30th Sep 2010, 23:03
Rather good posts on this forum I have to admit

Knee Trembler
1st Oct 2010, 07:26
@Tarzanboy.

I'm the first to admit that DLR is far from perfect but during our induction week (LH Regional) we were shown a slide with the results of a study into the outcomes of pilots according the various criteria.

Basically the study looked at at how various factors were related to success, as measured by achieving satisfactory recurrent check grades.

Top of the list were aptitude tests with a 50% effectiveness. This compared with hours flown which was only a 10% predictor of success. Interviews were also quite low in the list.

I'm afraid I see absolutely no evidence to suggest that the DLR test is irrelevant, in fact quite the opposite.

KT

deha32
1st Oct 2010, 08:54
Hello

I am invitet to a Sim ride in November. Has anyone been there recently ? What is the program ?:confused:

green_aero
1st Oct 2010, 09:01
Does anyone, who apply the last month, know how long takes to get the invitation?

I had completed the application 3 days ago and i would like to know approximately when i am going there.

Knee Trembler
1st Oct 2010, 10:08
@Tarzanboy

What about their crm and social skills?
I know enough pilots who are very good at these tests and who are aces in the simulator, but in a daily operation where everything is non-predictable they stress.

Funny you should say that. We have a problem with exactly that.

As you all no doubt know by now, the full LH selection is three stages (or four with medical). For Regional you only have to have passed the first two which means we have about 80% or pilots who were rejected at the last stage. Often it's impossible to see why they didn't get through (being older certainly seems to count against you), but in many cases it's all too obvious.

BUT, all these people get through their sim checks with good marks which brings me back to my point that the GU and sim are effective in assessing technical competency.

KT

Ps. I've never done the FU/FQ as I'm a: 43, b: and my eyes are just outside the LH limits

Knee Trembler
1st Oct 2010, 10:14
@deha

Well done on passing stage 1!

In comparison the sim is fairly straightforward. You will receive full instructions and are generally expected to fly a straight handling exercise such as a raw data departure, arrival, hold , approach and go around. You might get it a bit tougher if you are type rated.

Make sure you get a look at Lido Charts if you haven't used them before as they are quite different to Jepp / Aerad.

You should find out of you have passed immediately afterwards.

KT

sam288
3rd Oct 2010, 15:02
Hi Everyone,

I'm going to Hamburg on the 22nd of November for Lufthansa Italia.

I just graduated from a flight school and have my CPL-IR-ME (frozen ATPL) + MCC on 737NG (no type rating).

1) Any tips on which of the programs given by Lufthansa are actually asked on the DLR?
2) Are there ATPL theory questions?
3) When do you get the result?
4) What steps are there to take in case I pass the DLR?

Thanks!

Sam

Guernott
3rd Oct 2010, 15:14
Hi everybody!

I'm a new member of Pprune. I received an invitation 3 days ago for Ready Entry at LHI. I will take the DLR test on 22th of october. Could you just confirm to me the content of the first day??
-ENS
-KRN
-OWT
-RMS
-ROT
-SKT
-VLR
-VMC
-ATPL questions
-no interview???

Thank you very much!!

deha32
3rd Oct 2010, 17:10
@ guernott

all the cbt's you get will be at the DLR
in addition : 1 Block CRM
1 Block personality questions
MIC Test (only in Skytest available, but enough time to practise during DLR
1 Block ATPL - not too hard only basics everybody should know

julien6887
3rd Oct 2010, 19:32
Thanks deha32,

so you confirm that there is no RAG (Mathematics) and TVT (Physics) ?

Cheers,

Julien

SW1
3rd Oct 2010, 20:25
If I was you, I would be studying everything on the CBT. I know it can be a nightmare at times! There is no concrete evidence yet that RAG and TVT are NOT being tested. So best to play it safe, rather than chance it on the day:ok: seems quite a few of us are going on the 7th October......

Guernott
4th Oct 2010, 00:23
Thank you so much Deha32!!

Excuse me I have just few last questions...:rolleyes:
Did you take this first assessment day?
Have you got more informations about CRM block?
Do you think "Ace" is enough to review aeronautical questions?
And are you sure there isn't an interview?

Thanks again!
Ps: Does someone know the successrate of LHI assessment?

Guernott

deha32
4th Oct 2010, 05:58
Hello Guernott and julien6887

when I was in Hamburg (I was originally for Condor there), there was only KRN-mathematics - 1 block the questions were shown in written form, one block the questions were given over the headset.
at the CRM just tell them what you think and it will be ok
I don't know 'ace'. I just had the Oxford books
there will be no interview - this is in stage 3 at the FQ
I was only at the first stage, this is just one day

I don't know any details of the success rates. Just do your best and hope it is enough - so did I, and it was obvioulsy enough

Guernott
4th Oct 2010, 09:14
Thanks again Deha32!!

Guernott

SW1
4th Oct 2010, 13:57
Can we assume that most of the tests will be at Level 3 standard? Or do they start off quite slowly and progressively increase in difficulty? Im finding it so difficult to keep up with the Level 3 cube rotation, Level 2 isnt so bad but the speed she reads out the commands on level 3 is nearly impossible!!!

In addition Im only getting a maximum of 25% in the RMS even with an average of 5 to 6 numbers.

Regarding the RMS -Ive found that if you write down the numbers in the scratchpad, it automatically puts them in the reverse order so you can input the numbers again in the correct sequence, without having to reorganise them yourself. Still getting a low percentage though:(

deha32
4th Oct 2010, 14:03
hello SW1

cube rotation starts very slow and gets faster, RMS with 5 to 6 should be ok, I had the same problems as you have

Speedbrakesdeployed
4th Oct 2010, 17:13
Anybody been through the tests that recomends buying the Skytest software, or is the CBT from DLR sufficient?

SW1
4th Oct 2010, 17:31
Skycaptain, I got an invitation and I dont speak any Italian or have an Italian education. i was asked to send in my University degree. If you have been higher educated to the equivalent of Itlalian Magistrale then you can apply:ok:

Guernott
4th Oct 2010, 18:19
Hi!

I totally agree with Sw1, I'm not Italian and I don't speak Italian!
Does someone know if ATTC training is interesting for our assessment?

Thanks

Mimiben
4th Oct 2010, 18:19
Sorry, that is what happens when you don't go to school.

good luck !

Speedbrakesdeployed
4th Oct 2010, 18:56
All you need is High School, with the right to apply for higher education. As far as I know, no university degree is needed. I got an invitation with only High School(not Italian, but equivalent)

hetfield
4th Oct 2010, 19:26
As far as I know, no university degree is needed.

True, like for LH Classic.

marc22
4th Oct 2010, 19:55
Hi! I am Marc and I am going to de DLR on november 22nd too.
I would like to know where are you from and in which hotel do you will stay in.
I am from Barcelona, Spain and i thing that i will be in the Ibis hotel.

If you want you can write me back here in [email protected].

Thank you very much!

Mimiben
4th Oct 2010, 20:03
Hey guys,
anyone on the 12th of November? I will be staying at the Radisson SAS.

cheers

sam288
4th Oct 2010, 20:16
Hi Everyone,

I'm going to Hamburg on the 22nd of November for Lufthansa Italia.

I just graduated from a flight school and have my CPL-IR-ME (frozen ATPL) + MCC on 737NG (no type rating).

1) Any tips on which of the programs given by Lufthansa are actually asked on the DLR?
2) Are there ATPL theory questions?
3) When do you get the result?
4) What steps are there to take in case I pass the DLR?

Thanks!

Sam

Anyone? Please?

Thanks

SW1
4th Oct 2010, 20:20
Sam,

If you look through the previous posts no one can really give a definitve answer about what will be asked or anything else. Ive got my DLR on this coming thursay, so if you can wait that long, I will inform you of what was in the test. Dont sweat, youve got plenty of time get yourself up to speed on ALL the topics on the CBT. Wish I had that long, I was sent my invitation and CBT on the 13th September and am going this Thursday. Chill out:ok:

Additonally guys, How many words are you writing for each question for Additional answers A?

Guernott
4th Oct 2010, 22:54
SW1,

That is a very good question! I don't know...
Has someone an idea?
And do you think ATTC training is interesting for our assessment?

Eurocargo
4th Oct 2010, 23:10
Additonally guys, How many words are you writing for each question for Additional answers A?

I filled 3 A4 pages.

And for who was asking about the attc I really don't think it's convient... 1000€... :ugh:

But I will give the final anwer after thursday...

Guernott
4th Oct 2010, 23:42
Eurocargo,

Did you perform this training?!

Eurocargo
5th Oct 2010, 00:07
Did you perform this training?!

No.
Sorry, I wasn't so clear in my last post.
But I still think it's a waste of a lot of money.

Knee Trembler
5th Oct 2010, 07:28
Again to those asking the question on which tests appear.

THERE IS NO FIXED FORMAT TO THE DLR TESTS.

Regarding ATTC. Save your money. If you look at Pilotenboard.de :: DLR-Test, Lufthansa, AUA, ... :: Infos, Ausbildung, Erfahrungsberichte :: Index (http://www.pilotenboard.de), you will see that there is no correlation between success and going on this course.

The Skytest software, in contrast is quite useful, but be careful of overusing it as the test format on the day is slightly different and there is a danger of becoming too accustomed to the voice / screen presentation used in Skytest.

KT

Guernott
5th Oct 2010, 10:03
Thank you Knee Trembler for your precious precisions!!

Good luck for thursday Eurocargo!!

MSX555
5th Oct 2010, 12:22
Hi everybody

I will be going to the test on the 13th and will be staying in Motel One from Monday on

ATPL

3000h TTF

Good luck to everybody

julien6887
5th Oct 2010, 18:26

Whats that ? Can you explain me what are you talking about ? Thks ;)

SW1
5th Oct 2010, 19:46
Julien,

At the back of the biographical data form, there are 10 questions that you have to answer either in essay or note form handwritten. Have a look.:ok:

julien6887
5th Oct 2010, 23:34
Hey, you're right, I havent seen that yet ! Thanks ;)

Speedbrakesdeployed
6th Oct 2010, 18:59
Hey!

Will there be any Lufthansa representatives at the DLR or only DLR staff?

Cheers!

Knee Trembler
7th Oct 2010, 06:09
The first stage (GU) is DLR staff only. At the final interview there will be a mix of LH/LHI selection captains and DLR psychologists.

KT

Guernott
7th Oct 2010, 17:48
Really?! Nobody of Lufthansa (italia) staff?!

Guernott
7th Oct 2010, 19:55
Ok... Thanks
Did you take this first part?

Speedbrakesdeployed
7th Oct 2010, 20:36
Anbody who went to the todays DLR assesment that can confirm if all CBTs we received were tested?

Thanks

SW1
7th Oct 2010, 22:32
I can confirm, no TVT and no RAG,:ok: 39 question ATPL test, 284 personality test! The questions are on the Italian forum so have a look there..

julien6887
7th Oct 2010, 23:18
Hey SW1, thanks for this feedback. Do you know if you pass the first step ?

I ve checked on Italian Pprune forum but of course they are speaking Italian :) Can you just give us some quick informations about the ATPL questions.

Cheers

SW1
8th Oct 2010, 09:07
Guys,

Listen, Ive told you the answers are there on the Italian forum for Lufthansa Italia, Google translate? Im not going to write down all the questions we had because I dont remember them. Anyway you will hear back in 10 days time after DLR.

Anyway, Ive remembered a few, revise basic Human performance stuff, minimum pressure altitude allowed in the cabin? Purpose of the Eusatchian tube, departure (difference in longitude x Cos latitude) that one is easy. RBI indication. Youre heading 020 magnetic, RBI indicates RB of 40 degrees, variation at aircraft 10 degrees west whats the bearing of the aircraft from the beacon? That is all:ok:

MSX555
8th Oct 2010, 10:10
AJMcC & goaroundnow

Please check your mailbox

Have a great weekend

Less Hair
8th Oct 2010, 10:57
Lufthansa altogether (Mainline, Cargo, Italia, Flight School Instructors) seems to be recruiting R/Es again. 600 hrs needed for pax 1000 hrs for cargo entrants. Last time they hired R/Es they took high double digit numbers each time.

source (in german as it's required anyway:E)
Lufthansa sucht wieder "Ready Entry"-Piloten - FLUG REVUE (http://www.flugrevue.de/de/zivilluftfahrt/airlines-flugbetrieb/lufthansa-sucht-wieder-ready-entry-piloten.33075.htm)

Knee Trembler
8th Oct 2010, 13:13
Re: LH/Cargo recruitment.

Whilst good news, I wouldn't get too excited as part of the arbitration agreement between LH pilots and management was that CLH (CLH Cityline) would be the first choice for ready entries. I suspect there will be more than enough willing applicants there.

Nevertheless, this should create some movement in the market which is great news for those looking to get that first job:-).

KT

Maraengen
8th Oct 2010, 15:18
Anyone going on November 5th?

alkor
9th Oct 2010, 10:12
hey Maraengen

i m going on the 5. November. where will you stay?
cheers,
a

Speedbrakesdeployed
9th Oct 2010, 10:47
Re: SW1

On the VMC test, at what difficulty level was it? (how many "backs") :)

SW1
9th Oct 2010, 10:58
SBD,

Just like the CBT, its starts at 2 back and ends at 5 back. I would say its exactly like the CBT 2,3,4,5. The shapes are the same to some extent.

Speedbrakesdeployed
9th Oct 2010, 13:20
Thanks SW1 :ok: