PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Bases

PieterB
9th Aug 2010, 17:49
This might be a re-post, but so far I did not find any specific trhead about the basing of Ryanair.

I will start TR next week under Brookfield contract. Is there any form of regularity in bases new cadets have? Is it very likely to start line training out of the UK and be repositioned after that, or is the line training base mostly the fixed one?

Thank you

zerotohero
9th Aug 2010, 22:58
lol

o dear,,, there has been thread on this, cant be bothered to look though

line training can be pretty much any base, popular ones though are EMA, DUB, STN, HHN, PSA, BGY, GRO, ALC, and various other ones.

you can do a couple of weeks in one then a couple of weeks in another, or maybe all in one base, its just down to where LTC's are available.

as for been based after,,, you will fill a hole where needed, your requests (I believe) have no bearing on it at all! maybe even look where you want to go and put you anywhere else! you will be just another number, welcome number 2395 please fall in line, resistance is futile.

Mindthegap
10th Aug 2010, 02:48
Ryanair will make any effort they can to put you in the base you request, however sometimes that base is sometimes full. It might be the day of the week what bases are available due to movement within bases, upgrades, cadet training, pilots leaving or just plain requirement, but they will try their best.
Despite all the negative comments you will read here on Pprune there will be more positive you will hear once you get into linetraining or based somewhere and geet to know pilots in the system. Only few percentage are not happy but the ones that are happy just donīt bother making comments because they will probably be shot down on this forum for it. I am with Ryanair for a few years and I still like it. Hard work but paid well for it.

SD.
10th Aug 2010, 15:33
Ryanair will make any effort they can to put you in the base you request, however sometimes that base is sometimes full. It might be the day of the week what bases are available due to movement within bases, upgrades, cadet training, pilots leaving or just plain requirement, but they will try their best.

Looks like the brainwashing hasn't worn off yet.......

Put this into perspective. 2 FO's on identical roster patterns are looking to swap bases, the swap would mean that both live near where they're from. Swap denied.

zerotohero
11th Aug 2010, 00:25
I hear many stories of pilots and cabin crew starting out and asking for say dublin and there mate asking for stansted, the first guy gets stansted and the other dublin! WHY,,,,, just to be :mad: trust me.

Mindthegap
11th Aug 2010, 02:39
When you hear stories thats just what they are....Stories!

zerotohero
11th Aug 2010, 09:53
Ok when I say stories I don't mean at milk time on the carpet listening to the teacher, i mean pilots and cabin crew I talk to in the crew room and jumpseating.

real horses mouth stories.

captain_rossco
12th Aug 2010, 13:58
"Ryanair will make any effort they can to put you in the base you request"

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahah.................................................... ............................................................ ............................................................ ............................................................ ....................hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha.
:ugh: