PDA

View Full Version : Left China as a wide-body FO to return as an A320 Skipper?

jav8r
9th Aug 2010, 05:01
Dear fellow pilots,

Been reading the forums for awhile now and decided to register to pose a question to those in the know.

Those of us who've had a taste of Chinese aviation know the issues regarding no upgrades for wide-body FOs and the difficulty in getting that company release letter upon leaving so I won't rehash the same mentioned in other threads.

However is it possible to resign from company A as a wide-body FO (on an expatriate contract) to return years later as an A320 skipper to company B since the seat position and type-rating are different from before? :confused:

jav8r

JotaJota
9th Aug 2010, 05:30
Interesting question... And here's the way I see it. Once a company "releases" you, or requests a release from the CAAC, you are free to go/do whatever you want.

So did you leave your old co. in OK terms? Finish contract, did not steal too much silverware, left pregnant FA's, etc :8 Just kidding!

And if so, was the CAAC notified? That's my understanding. Maybe others could add their knowledge here...

Hope this helps

jav8r
9th Aug 2010, 07:35
Finish contract, did not steal too much silverware, left pregnant FA's, etc Just kidding!

Pregnant FA? I guess adding one more to the population count won't raise a Chinese eyebrow?! :}

Well, sorry to say it wasn't that exciting. Got an honorable discharge but without that important release letter. Whether CAAC was notified or not I have no clue.

It's ridiculous that airlines in China impose rules meant for their own on foreigners when most of us came with the type-rating and experience. :ugh: