PDA

View Full Version : RNAS Yeovilton/Dawlish Air Show/Air Southwest

Dash-7 lover
8th Aug 2010, 12:01
Hi,

For all the spotters, Air Southwest are providing a Dash-8-300 for the Dawlish Air Show on 19th August but it'll be at Yeovilton on 10th and 11th August around 2pm for display practice. To/From Plymouth. Reg TBC.

peter272
8th Aug 2010, 23:05
... and if you are in the Far SW drop in at the Devon Strut SW Regional Fly-in at Dunkeswell on the 14th-15th August

A low-key but friendly event at one of the best GA airfields in the country with unrivalled access to visiting aircraft.

We'll be having a pig-roast on Saturday evening with a live band - Steelhead - at the Air Centre.

If you'd like to try the cavery on Sunday, give the Air Centre a call to book in as it is very popular

See you there :ok:

Dash-7 lover
9th Aug 2010, 17:39
now at yeovilton on 11th only - (at NQY on 10th)

Mad-Air
10th Aug 2010, 18:28
At Yeovilton.....??!!! Well that'll be interesting, considering where I work, the manning we've got, hope he won't be expecting any handling, cause the RN are on block leave!
Plus the weather has been dire today. Are they expecting to get a DA (Display Authorisation) from anyone in particular?

Please, please do give some more information.....:ok:

Dash-7 lover
12th Aug 2010, 06:45
The two captains plus a CAA inspector took the aircraft somewhere else as, despite previously getting the thumbs up, someone else at Yeovilton threw their toys out of the pram!. (there was never any intention of landing there).

Mad-Air
12th Aug 2010, 21:17
Exactly who "threw out their toys" then?
I would love to know......no seriously I would!!:ok: