PDA

View Full Version : Salaries

cxlinedriver
7th Aug 2010, 22:47
“When the company is performing well it’s only right to share some of the rewards, but salaries are a different matter - they’re very much determined by the market. We can’t set salaries on the assumption that today’s great results are guaranteed for the future. Other airlines have made that mistake.” - Tony Tyler.

Bull****. Salaries are not determined by the market. With seniority 'mobility of labour' is removed, so the labour force can not just change employers to get a better package. We are stuck with whatever we get or can get from our one and only employer.

I don't want a pay increase. I want my pay indexed to the CPI. Each year I have taken a pay cut in real terms from inflation of the Consumer Price Index. The annual increment is for my increasing experience and the reducing risk to the company of my operation.

Ex Cathedra
8th Aug 2010, 02:44
We can’t set salaries on the assumption that today’s great results are guaranteed for the future.

Right. Freeze the salaries when things are bad, and don't increase them when all's good because it'll eventually go bad again...

Tony, are you aware some of your employees actually attended school at some point in their life?

arse
8th Aug 2010, 02:58
Employees do not want a pay rise just because of “today’s great results”. Employees want a pay rise because:

· Purchasing power of the salary package has been significantly eroded over the past several years i.e. no CPI adjustments;
· Annual increments are NOT pay increases;
· The benchmarks in home countries are now significantly ahead of our packages i.e we are up to 20% behind; and
· Good will has not been recognised and rewarded appropriately

I will let others add to the list.