PDA

View Full Version : VOR-Holdings (China)

avgslin
6th Aug 2010, 18:02
VOR-Holdings of China

Anyone has any experience with this contract company?

The good and the bad?

Their contracts are pretty good, not sure if the "real" contract is that good...? Since there has been so many stories of contract changes at an instant without you knowing in China and other places?

Thanks

Oceanic815Pilot
7th Aug 2010, 11:48
My experience with contracts in China is that they aren't worth the paper they are printed on. The individual contractors do the best that they can in providing support up until employment but once on line you are serving at the discretion of the host airline. They'll pretty much do what they want. The contract agency can sometimes be helpful in trying to resolve disputes but there are no guarantees. Good Luck.

ratherbehunting
8th Aug 2010, 00:17
As a US pilot you should avoid contracting through a US company overseas. They have to issue you a 1099 and you will be on the hook for Social Security Tax/FICA by having to file a 1040 Sched C - self employed income.

Rishworth, Parc and Aeropersonnel all offer various China employment deals right now - all seem pretty standard - $13-18k a month for qualified A320 Captains who can get through all the testing and whatnot - salary, living and bonus structures vary of course.

Some pay you thru the contractor, some pay the contractor a finder fee and you are contracted directly with the company.

You should consult a qualified tax professional who deals with expat pilot issues for more info. Timing of the contract, time overseas, who you are working for, etc are all important factors that should be considered.

bigduke6
14th Aug 2010, 23:57
I was not impressed in my dealings with VOR. Snakeoil salesmen and too aggressive, calling me at home really early, etc.

PARC or another agency will probably do better for you.

If you do go with VOR, you may still get out of receiving a US 1099-MISC for income (and the associated Social Security taxes mentioned already), but that is IF they can pay the money they pay you into an offshore account. Worth asking them about.

On Final
15th Aug 2010, 00:56
Fellow Pilots,

I have close friends under contract with VOR and will offer you some good advice, try another agency...!!! They operate under several names and have a marketing agreement with "Climb to 350". Basically if you log into climb to 350, you will be filtered right into VOR, China Aviation Recruitment, a commission is paid to Climb to 350.

I can tell you, they will try to lock you up in China and you will not be able to work for another carrier without VOR for 1 year, maybe more. They will go behind your back and make side deals with the company and tell them what they want to hear that will effect your contract with that carrier. They will make sure the company does not give you a release letter.

I know of a pilot that left a Chinese Airline and Ted, VOR, China Aiation Recruitment took him to arbitration for leaving without notice. Now they are hunting down the pilot to try and collect 54,000 USD in penalties for legal fees and other charges.

You are WARNED to stay away from this poor agency...!!

Good Luck,

On Final

in FACT is
15th Aug 2010, 06:40
is this offer a true or fake...????:{

Dear Captains,

If you have experience on Boeing aircraft, here is an opportunity of a lifetime!

Air China Cargo is offering Boeing Captains the opportunity to upgrade to the B747-400 aircraft.
Air China Cargo will pay for your type rating and pay you at the same time.
A five year contract gives you job security as well as the opportunity to make up to US$250,000 per year.

For details on the job requirements and how to apply, reply to this email for a quick response: [email protected] (http://www.pprune.org/mc/[email protected]&subject=Ref:%20B747-400%20Captain%20Transition%20Information%20Request)

VOR Holdings is 100% focused on China. We have Chinese support personnel to help you with your routine or non-routine needs throughout your assignment in China.
For additional information, visit Pilot Jobs in China - VOR Holdings - For a Safe Landing in China (http://www.vorholdings.com) or contact us at [email protected] (http://www.pprune.org/mc/[email protected]&subject=B747-400%20Transition%20Program)
If you are not interested in receiving these opportunities, please click here (http://lists.serverhost.net/unsubscribe.php?M=11241842&C=b489c907c2bfd32d385a45a939a1bdb8&L=3717&N=19951) to remove your email address from our mailing list. http://lists.serverhost.net/open.php?M=11241842&L=3717&N=19951&F=H

in FACT is
19th Aug 2010, 05:37
than it is better to apply to EMIRATES for FO (same position P2) then upgrade after so maaaaaannnnnyyyyyyyyyy:{ years as PIC, what the diff...(as ACC likes you)..

itsallinthewrist
19th Aug 2010, 15:39
If you want to work in China on a commuting contract then try Xiamen Airlines. They have a B-737NG contract offering a 6/2 schedule.

169west
21st Aug 2010, 14:31
I don't know how much is real, but it looks like Vorholding is offering a commuting possibility with China Cargo! Anybody out there willing to help desperate layoff gispys?thanks

B737-pilot
5th Sep 2010, 11:13
Devine Wind said: "They fail to inform everyone that it is NOT a PIC position.
You have no choice but to start as a P2 (ACC calls it Junior Captain) and your salary will only be 11-12.000 USD a month"

So after all you are forced to fly from the RHS? How do you get out of this trap. Are you protected in any way by the contract or the law. Someone had the guts to go and see? How do u log the time? PIC of FO?
PM please if you have pertinent information.
Thanks in advance.

oldhasbeen
19th Sep 2010, 19:51
these f@#$%ers ought be locked up!! Nowhere in their advertising do they state that these are "training" programs!!
Jesus H, aren't there any honest people out there anymore?? These guys are headed for a big shock one day and God help 'em if they piss the wrong people off:mad::mad:

purple head
20th Sep 2010, 01:25
max rent 4000 RMB??? in an expat apartment? Your having a laugh right?

169west
21st Sep 2010, 14:23
Anybody from the first interview screening willing to help?thanks

Bolshevik
22nd Sep 2010, 06:51
Hey buddy!
Glad to see a friendly response like yours. Though you did lash out a bit, I'm not quite licking my wounds. As you can see on my post, the "training program" comment was not made by me, it was made by VOR holdings. I would love nothing more than to go fly the 747 as a Captain right off the bat. It seems, according to VOR, that that is not the case and you are not in fact the PIC on the flight.
If you have more information on this job, or just clarification, it would be appreciated. I would certainly like to know if this gig is as advertised because my initial feeling from VOR holdings response to my query is that it is not.
Thanks so much for your positive and eco-friendly replies!
Bo

Bolshevik
22nd Sep 2010, 10:26
Appreciate the response. Honestly, I was just responding to what VOR has advertised on Climbto350.com so frequently (3+ ads a day!). The ad seriously leads you to believe that you are being hired into the left seat of the 747-400 as a pic (come on, the the ads say "transition to the 747, PICs required"). Then, when asked, the truth was told and that is what I posted. I applied and almost left a good contract job that was stable until I asked the right questions with the right research and found out the God's honest truth about the thing. As stated in the email, if you are already a 744 Cpt and want to come over then it is an honest deal. My only beef with VOR is that they kind of lie to you. Perhaps I am assuming the worst having been around this industry so long, but not being forthcoming is also being dishonest.
Other than that, I would love to go to China. Seems like a more westernized area. The idea of cheap rent and Outback Steakhouses galore is wonderful. I would like nothing more than to make good money whilst flying a widebody and eating food I am accustomed to.
If there is a better contract company to go through, please let me/us know as I am quite sure that this would be a good contract under more honest circumstances.

Bo

typhoonpilot
22nd Sep 2010, 11:14
It's quite simple really. Never, and I mean never, leave a good job to go to one that is making a promise of Captain/PIC in some period of time. It rarely ever pans out that the promise is kept. Only airlines with established seniority systems can ensure an upgrade, but even then they can't make a promise as to the timeframe. These contract jobs are especially bad at keeping promises. Just look at all the guys who have bailed from Eva, China Airlines, Qatar, etc over the years. At least Vietnam and Korean are up front about expat F.O.s never getting an upgrade.

Typhoonpilot

purple head
23rd Sep 2010, 01:43
cloudnine....
errrr obviously i dont work in Japan.....i'm working at my second airline in China. Anyway you said the MAX rent was 4000 RMB. I know for a fact that 4000 RMB will not get you a nice apartment in an ex-pat area. I think in many areas even the higher rents you quoted on your second post are still lower than you can expect to pay if you want to stay in genuine ex-pat standard accommodation. For me i stay in a normal not very nice mostly local Chinese complex, but thats my choice, i just wanted to say if anyone comes here and expects to get an apartment in a complex as you described with swimming pools etc for 4000 RMB they will get a nasty shock as your figure is way off the mark.

Jumb0driver
25th Sep 2010, 07:42
I aggree with Clondnine. If you thought a NTR pilot is going to jump into a PIC job on the 744 in any airline, I think you are mistaken. And if being a Junior Captain for a few months put you off applying, then you have missed a great oportunity as it seems almost all the NTR slots are taken.

Junior captains get a package worth $15000/mo, and PIC's get $16200/mo. This is NOT a F/O or Cruise Captain job, you fly from the LHS and sighn the release, and the logbook. Log it as PIC if it makes you feel any better. Life in Beijing is "active" to say the least, and very affordable.

I can not understand the venom expressed towards VOR holdings, I have found them very pleasant and the company easy to deal with. If they were short with one or two applicants it is probably because of overwork as a result of the 3000 or so applicants they had for the NTR job.

Finally, if any US citizen thinks they can dodge taxes by using an offshore hiring company, think again. The IRS will find you and remove large sums from your bank account, it is not worth it. US Citizens are taxed on their worldwide income no matter the source.

JotaJota
25th Sep 2010, 09:51
Jumb0driver... U working for TR???

oldhasbeen
25th Sep 2010, 18:38
By the sounds of that, he IS TR..:eek:

Jumb0driver
26th Sep 2010, 04:49
Yes, JotaJota, I am. And i have no complaints

JotaJota
29th Sep 2010, 13:53
YEP... :}

Jumb0driver
30th Sep 2010, 15:17
Well said. Both of you. I think VRSCE2 presented VOR with his 1500 hours PIC on the B737-800 (flt Sim 2004 edition) and expected to get a NTR PIC position on the 744. No doubt VOR laughed him out of the office, which is why he is so bitter.

shannon boy
30th Sep 2010, 15:26
Well said jumb0driver. At last someone with a ball(or two). i have been reading this thread now for a while, and as clondnine said, where are the current employees complaining eh? Well, if they are not doing it here on PPRUNE, then they are not doing it at all. Jumb0driver seems to be a happy, tax compliant employee of an expanding, enjoyable airline that seems to pay handsomely. Shame all you other guys mis read this contract from VOR/Cathay/Parc etc. But then again, since you(Vr....et el) are low time and inexperienced on a 'light twin' according to jumb0driver, it would be unfair to expect more from you really. When I was a boy i played with childish things, now that I am a man, .......I fly a widebody!!!

oldhasbeen
1st Oct 2010, 18:28
please, oh please, tell me that last line was a wind up, Shannon "boy"??:*

shannon boy
1st Oct 2010, 23:34
you like that eh?!

its a quote from an early 2nd century philosopher. obviously the 2nd half has been changed to suit the 'mood'.

it goes,

"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways".

Bolshevik
4th Oct 2010, 07:19
This is getting a bit ridiculous (as always). Perhaps some people just didnt see where it obviously stated this was for a first officer position. It is right there in the ad! How could someone possibly misinterpret this!

AIR CHINA CARGO B747-400 TRANSITION CAPTAINS

*Open to current Boeing (single aisle and dual aisle) captains.
*Air China Cargo will pay for your B747-400 type rating and pay you at the same time!

VOR Holdings is NOW accepting applications from Boeing Experienced Captains who would like to Transition to the B747-400 aircraft with Air China Cargo. Not only does this 5 year contract give you job security, you also have the opportunity to make up to US$250,000 per year depend on which leave option you choose (28 days or 45 days leave per year). This is a golden opportunity for B737 NG, B757 and B767 Captains!
Print stating "for first officer position" is invisible unless you have 15,000 hours total flying time.

Always Moving
6th Oct 2010, 02:22
This guys are saying that China is Cheap? it all depends of where and how you live!

Just look in google and you will find out.

Big city in China you ae looking at 10K CNY to live (2 bedroom, cable, internet hot water, heat and A/C in a decent apartment complex where people do not spit around you) Leaving expenses... food and drinks anywhere from as in any big city NYC-Paris-Moscow to 5 times cheaper.
Kids is where you going to suffer (read pay)

I would go with a company that you can take to court at home (in China the law is more of a joke than at home)

Always Moving
6th Oct 2010, 10:18
Easy with the chinglish!

Exactly use google! and google MAP! and may be some cityweekend and Beijinger and may be not insulting people. (usually people who insult are doing it because they do not have any other recourse)

BTW those "compounds" are not close to town unless you do not mind living "Saudi Style" housing, like you can spend 2 years in Beijing and not notice.

Anyway the one is going to kill you is your kids schooling as I said.
BTW you can find a studio like for about 4-6K CNY downtown but you HAVE to look HARD!

Always Moving
7th Oct 2010, 06:34
Is this guy a troll?

Dongzhimen to Terminal 3 15minutes ride (so 30 minutes max) on the Airport Express!

Yes any gated comunity that I have to take a car to go anywhere is a "saudi like" unless you are one of THOSE people that like to live in a place that you might get lost because the are all the same houses. I think that walk, bike and public transport (and taxi is not one) is the way to go, but that is not the thread (Portland over Dallas any day as an example)

PLease do not listen to this TROLL (not an insult, a fact now) the schooling is like a college tuition in the USA, you could go local and there are some good local schools (you will probably will have to bribe some people but that is "standard issue" in China)

Over all IF you family and you can hacked it is not a bad deal for a few years you could go to a "gated comunity" and you family would think they are in the USA or you could mingle downtown, there are options IN TH BIG CITIES. If you go posted to 3 tier city MOST of you will not hack it. oh one more think OMMMMMMM Patience breath and relax onece you are in China most everything is out of your hands if you try to control it you will freak out.
For a NEW Cap I think is a hell of a deal for an old Cap so so.

I think I put it very clear I am done with this thread & troll.

ratherbehunting
7th Oct 2010, 19:05
The problem with VOR holdings and this contract is that the way it is paid as an independent contractor vs an expat employee of an expat company. That leaves US citizens on the hook for FICA, it has little to do with off shore 'hiding' of income.

No matter who you work for you will have to file chinese and us tax forms, but a qualified accountant can explain the nuances of being a self employed contractor who gets a very hefty 1099 vs filing a standard 1040 with offshore salary paid by an offshore company who already pays a substantial chinese tax bill on your behalf...THAT IS A KEY DIFFERENCE.

batsky2000
7th Oct 2010, 19:29
Ratherbehunting hit the nail right on the head... I have been working overseas for the past 5 years and have only worked with foreign contracting agencies for that exact reason. I don't hide my money from the US Gov't, all my money gets wire transferred into my US bank account.. The only difference is that I don't have to pay any taxes on it because I get my money wired from an overseas bank into my US bank and I meet the Expat requirements. If you go with VOR, and if they do pay you as a contractor, that $15000 per month will be like $9000 after you pay taxes to the US gov't using the 1099, the reason VOR does it that way is because it saves them the burden of having to hire you as a full time pilot.

Better off finding a contracting agency outside the US that offers the same deal. This way you get the full $15000 and don't have to worry about a 1099 and just file the standard 2555 expat form instead.

On Final
31st Oct 2010, 12:12
Dear Fellow pilots,

I want to warn you all to be very careful about the following agency..! VOR Company/China Aviation Recruitment or "Ted". Very BAD...!! Just to tell you don't even think about signing an invitation or contract to work in China under this agency..!!!!

This agency is the worst in China..! Just look at your paperwork before you sign..!

They have included a non circumvention for all work in China. Means that once you sign you can only work for them and know one else in China...! DONT SIGN THEIR CRAP..!!!

This agency will abuse you and you will think it is better to work for a communist government than these folks..!

I have worked in China going on 3 years and please be careful, this agency is most abusive..!

Thanks,

On Final

Tommy Tilt
1st Nov 2010, 23:53
CLONDNINE IS VOR HOLDINGS. IT IS IN HIS BEST INTERESTS TO ATTEMPT TO SQUASH ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT ACC OR PILOT
RECRUITMENT IN CHINA.

Below is an extract from one of his "recruitment" posts:

"From reading all these posts, it seems to me like you guys should all be joining Air China Cargo. Nice roster, good days off in a row(once we do 80 hrs, easily done within about 18 days), great salary and allowances. Beijing is a nice friendly place to live. This is the easiest job I have ever had. So far, after almost four years, I have yet to see a downside"

Never known a pilot not to bitch about something in four years!

ReverseFlight
2nd Nov 2010, 01:56
To me, it looks like a BJ rental advertisement disguised as a thread about VOR Holdings ! :E

Bolshevik
10th Nov 2010, 01:50
I will be going elsewhere to apply other than through VOR. These guys should be putting themselves out of business soon anyway due to the way that we have seen them talk to pilots. The industry might be having a tough time, but not the time to pick and feed on your fellow man.

On Final
12th Nov 2010, 00:38
Dear Fellow pilots,

You will be doing yourself a huge favor to stay far away from VOR Holdings. They will treat you wrong and could care less about you as a pilot. Also, they will make it their mission in life to punish you if you break the contract. They sued one pilot for 54K USD because he left early. Another pilot they insisted to the airline not to release flight records to punish him has well. Another pilot made a mistake and VOR told him he would fire him if he didn't do better. This is not the kind of agency you want to help you..!

Just look at all of the extra paperwork you will sign with this agency, you can't bad mouth him, you cant talk to anyone, fly for anyone else in China for 2 years....JUST SAY NO...!!!!

Good luck,

On Final

Johnny FADEC
13th Nov 2010, 01:37
Wow, thanks for the heads up on this VOR dude. I was considering them but followed up my research with talking to some others who have dealt with this VOR. There are alternatives to getting on in China. Thanks

169west
13th Nov 2010, 14:14
Anyone out there actually working for ACC, regardless of what contract company who can tell us the truth about how it is to work there?

Cheers,

D-Wind

there might be some dudes from September screening already in ... any good intel? thanks

JotaJota
13th Nov 2010, 23:25
ACC? :confused:

JotaJota
14th Nov 2010, 02:32
Daaah! :ugh: Got it!

Bolshevik
27th Nov 2010, 20:57
Looks like C9 got kicked off and his posts removed. Good job PPrune!!! We starving pilots dont need bs like that being spouted from a poser member. Its hard enough to sift through all the nonsense on here without someone purposefully misleading others. After my short experience with VOR I can say that I will be going elsewhere for my contracts. BTW, Parc (Ive never dealt with them before) has the same contract with ACC as VOR does but they arent so misleading about it. Honestly though, it seems that there are better paying positions for 737 or A320 available now with no wait time for "upgrade" back to Captain.
Anyone have any info on Xiamen or Shanghai Airlines?
Bolshevik

PROBEUSMC
28th Nov 2010, 09:23
I am with Parc now with Capitol. I was luckily steered towards them by a bunch of expat pilots. They are not as experienced in China as a couple of other agencies, but they are probably the best overall agency out there. Rishworth at the moment is behaving themselves in China. Their local rep is good and his english is excellent. Unfortunately it is still Rishworth. Eventually the scum down in Auckland won't be able to help themselves and will revert to their old ways, which eventually means your paycheck comes up short. :ugh:
Parc is not perfect, but some lifetime contract pilots told me that long term, they have always been the best. A couple have said they won't work a contract unless Parc is their rep.

My experience with them has been good so far.

PROBEUSMC
28th Nov 2010, 09:42
Just to elaborate a bit more on agencies and their policies, I will give you the few experiences that I have had.

1. VOR Holdings. I contacted them about 2 years and 5 months ago. After first contact, they send me a contract, obligating me to use them, for all airlines in China. I refused and told them I would sign for one. I got a real bad feeling about these guys, so I bailed soon after. Never could get an honest answer out of them. I have not seen one of their contracts, but what i have heard reminds me of the contract I will describe below.

2. Rishworth. Once again after first contact they send me a mini-contract obligating me to use them for the airline in quesiton. I get a screening date, and they make me sign another mini-contract, obligating me to accept the job after screening, or pay thousands of dollars. I ask to see the contract with the airline beforehand, but they said that is not their policy. At this point I am bound to them for this airline, so I continue the process. I pass the screening, and they send me the working contract. Holy @#$$%% batman, you wouldn't believe the contract, and if I refuse, I owe them thousands of USD. The contract is the worst rubbish I have ever seen. Obligates me to everything, and Rishworth to nothing. It even states that in the event that we have a disagreement or they violate any part of the contract, I cannot hold them legally liable!!!! If they break one clause of the contract, the rest of the contract remains in effect!!!! And get this, I can't allow ANYONE to see the contract, which I assume means a lawyer!!!!
Worst rubbish I have ever seen, and I was stupid enough to sign it.
I have heard VOR Holdings contracts are quite similar.

My Parc contract, in contrast, is a basic contract between two business entities. Each has obligations, and each has an "out". Very well done, I wanted a to have a couple things clarified in the contract, so they changed the wording to what I requested. No problem. :ok::ok:

That has been my experience in dealing with 3 different agencies.

capt-Purple
28th Nov 2010, 10:24
Do yourself a favor by staying away from the Chinese head hunters, who will promise you an arm and a leg just to get you over there.
Do not go there unless you are being represented by a western agency.

Always Moving
28th Nov 2010, 10:27
Kids, kids, kids!

Just because it says CONTRACT it does not mean it is legally bonding! many contracts are illegal (most banks, Networks, work, etc) the problems start when one party wants to enforce it! either you come to an agreement or you end up in court.

What if you tell Risworth " I ain't paying ****! " What are they going to do? take you to court and tell the judge that they told you to sign a contract that it says that you blindly will sign another contract after some other fact? In most places of the world specially in Labor Law the law sides with the weaker.
The contract companies KNOW, they have lawyers, you don't (normally, some do) If they tell you do not show it to anyone THAT is enough reason to show it to a lawyer!
It is like the no competition clauses, another bunch of BS! very rare that applies

evyjet
23rd Dec 2010, 04:56
So is there anybody started this contract on the 744 with ACC that can give some information as to what is exactly going on?

I have been told when the line check is completed that you will indeed be left seat PIC.

Keen to hear from you guys there now.

Evy

cerfont
2nd Feb 2011, 08:31
Hello

I read a lot as usual about VOR

What is a the difference between junior captain and PIC ?
( there is no much difference in sallary)
How fast can you be PIC ? ( if i assumed that Junior captain is a cruise relief pilot or F/O or a captain in training) 1Y , 18 months ?
How is the roster ?
What is the price of an appart with 4 bedrooms ?
What is the cost of the school for 2 childrens?
How many stby tickets can i use for my familly ( we are 4 )

i'm cpt (current)on B738 with 2000 hrs and a total of 10000 hrs
I do not want to brake any fences .
I would love to fly a 747 , i'm willing to learn at first
But i need valid and concrete informations about the cost live and the opportun to be.... one day a real cpt PIC on this lovely machine

Anybody who is working for AIR china cargo or VOR

I will appreciate your help

My best regards

On Final
5th Feb 2011, 11:37
Hello, Just remember if you sign on with VOR you are locked in for life. You will never work in China without them. They will make you there special project to make sure of that. Good Luck, On Final

PBY
5th Feb 2011, 13:53
Hi guys,
I am on a contract with Wasinc. So far I have not had any problems whatsoever. They seem to be working very fast as well. I started to work faster than other guys with different contractors. The chinese contracts are weird though. I had a lawyer looking it over and he said, it is quite unprofessional. But aparently the contractors are forced to put some wordings there by the chinese. Parc was initially very unorganized, but they have improved as well from what I have heard. They are a good company, but are lacking little bit on chinese experience.
But the chinese law works on the basis of "harmony". It is not about what is right or what is wrong. It is about how to make a compromise. Somebody who understand the culture, which is to a western mind quite illogical, can get by with much less problems. But having said that, the contracts sound stupid. But that is the way of life in china. You are not legally protected whatsoever. It is just an illusion of a legal system.

flyingguyforjob
31st Jan 2012, 11:37
I have a colleague in China flying for Spring airlines. I have also heard similar disturbing stories. He arrived there and after being in calss for 16 days, he sat down with H.R. to sign the three year contract they originally offered and the HR guy shoved a one year contract in his face!. Of course it was too late to go to another airline at that point so he signed it hoping for the best. They told him they would renew year by year. Sure they did but only offered a different contract the next year with much more restrictive clauses… Recently, he was involved in an altitude bust which was due primarily to ATC’s poor English and an F.O who did not speak clearly and then I guess there was a radio failure when they were transferred to the next sector. They are going to ding him 12K!!, which is a bonus pilots would receive at the end of the year. He won’t post here because he’s afraid of negative reprisals. Hope this helps a bit. I know it scares me. Seems that you really have to conver your back side and read the contract terms carefully.....

flyingguyforjob
2nd Feb 2012, 02:01
Be carefull. Some of the larger carriers there are just crap. Advice from my colleague; Avoid the state carriers. Even the contracts in the private carriers like Juneyao, Hainan, and Spring have dodgy language in the contracts. Nail them down before you do anytihng seems to be the consensus...

chuleyes
20th Apr 2012, 22:50
Hello all. Thanks for all the posts regarding this agency. Is there a way to go along with them. For example, when the contract has to be signed, can I ask for it to be re-written ? Any way to get protected from them ?

captjns
21st Apr 2012, 01:49
Hello all. Thanks for all the posts regarding this agency. Is there a way to go along with them. For example, when the contract has to be signed, can I ask for it to be re-written?]/quote]

Not impossible. However probably improbable. No incentive, unless there will be a benefit for the airline you have entered into a contractual agreement.

As there are more pilots, considering expat programs, looking beyond their borders for jobs, your current agency or airline would probably allow you to cut ties rather than amend the terms and conditions of your contract. They do not wish to set a precedent and open a can of worms.

[quote]Any way to get protected from them?

What type of protection are you looking for? Other than not being paid, no benefits as promised, QOL, accommodations, work permits, insurance, List other concerns you feel you need protection from.

If you wrongfully terminated, or have not been paid for a period of time, are you willing to spend the money to engage the services of an attorney from the country where you were working?

chuleyes
24th Apr 2012, 14:23
Yes, that is what I meant. Get protected that things written are done, or, worst case scenario, that I can tell everyone to stuff it up and go away, without being chased with a fine.

Direct Bondi
26th Apr 2012, 06:06
You will find comprehensive details of the smoke and mirrors Air China Cargo package, including the Junior Captain sham, by reading the thread at the link below:

http://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment/431195-air-china-cargo-schedule.html#post6006051

Red wheel 1
8th May 2013, 06:19
You may use them and never have a problem, or they may sue you, and lie to you airline. They will prevent you from ever changing agents if you are not satisfied by very dishonest methods.
Again you may never have a problem but why chance it? There are plenty other honest agents to choose from.

Fokkeneejit
23rd Jun 2013, 09:43
Very Obtuse Representatives.

Mercenario
17th Nov 2013, 04:21
I will recommend anybody who is trying to find a contract that PLEASE DONT USE VOR AS AGENT!!! If you sign a contract with VOR you all will be I jail for the rest of your career. They will never let you leave the company and they don't provide any services only pay roll services. But any other assistance forget about it!!! At the beginning when they want you to sign a contract with them they will promise earth and heaven. BUT AFTER YOU BITE THE HOOK FORGET ABOUT EVERY THING!!! :ugh::=:=

antonioschuck
17th Jun 2014, 15:09
The only reason VOR Holding might have some 3000 applicants is because 3000 desperate pilots believed in the Ad. In China the majority of airlines requires a minimum of 500 hours PIC in type; So, all FO's out there: You will NOT be hired as CAPT nor you will upgrade in China under a contract. I know because I worked in China for 4 years.

Roti Canai
19th Jun 2014, 08:39
Which Country do they claim to be based in? Can say alot too.