PDA

View Full Version : Saudi IQAMA medical

Myster79
6th Aug 2010, 15:36
Can anyone tell me what I should expect for the IQAMA medical for pilots? I downloaded the documents off of the Saudi embassy website, however I am looking for a more personal experience on the testing process.

Thanks

Romasik
6th Aug 2010, 19:23
Never heard about Iqama medical for pilots:confused: Well, at least for Saudia pilots. Unless they came up with this less than 1,5 years ago...

Myster79
6th Aug 2010, 20:21
No it's the same for every profession / dependent. I badly worded the original question. My question is what should I expect for the medical portion of the IQAMA process? What are they checking for? What would disqualify you?

jetopa
6th Aug 2010, 22:35
HIV+ would be one of the findings, I'd guess.

FlyingWay
6th Aug 2010, 23:09
Residency permit or as you call it IQAMA, to obtain that you should get a normal medical check like any other employee, weather he is a pilot or not.
Checks are: for diseases of viral hepatitis (B, C) and AIDS, tuberculosis and syphilis.

for pilots to obtain GACA license you should get GACA Medical certificate (First Class Medical Certificate) exactly like FAA Medical certificate just the logo is deferent

http://www.air.flyingway.com/up/img/gaca-ser.jpg

This forum shows every thing needed for pilots, repair men , Flight engineers

http://www.gaca.gov.sa/GACA/Attachments/005/A210/0293/Form_400_B.pdf

http://www.gaca.gov.sa/GACA/Common/Forms/Download.aspx?p=G:/WEBSITES/GACA/Attachments/005/a209/0349/CONVLIC.pdf

You may check GACA website
GENERAL AUTHORITY OF CIVIL AVIATION (http://www.gaca.gov.sa/GACA/Home.aspx?l=EN)

Myster79
7th Aug 2010, 00:59
Thanks for the info.

metro301
7th Aug 2010, 16:52
I did mine 5 years ago, so maybe it has changed.

The Igama medical is a full medical. They will take blood and test for diabetes, HIV, other diseases and parasites, I seem to remember they filled a LOT of vials. They don't check the prostate but they do want urine and stool samples. I did mine in Canada and it took around 4-5 days for all the results.

Regular drug screen is included.

I don't believe they are checking for cholesterol.

As mentioned before the GACA medical is the same as a FAA check.

Abdallah111
19th May 2014, 11:36
Please from which site have you downloaded the files for iqama and medical certificate

gtale77
22nd May 2014, 07:38
Go to the g3visas website.

it is a lot of useless tests (my humble opinion), but they have to be done.
They are mostly checking for AIDS.

We have the guys expense all of the tests. Running about US$1500.

Your doctor with get the list and probably say WTF. or why?

You can PM me if you have further questions.

G

Tima84
13th May 2019, 11:42
Hello everyone,

Can somebody clarify whether antibodies to Hep B can prevent from getting a work visa (iqama) in Saudi Arabia.

aniquen232
7th Nov 2023, 10:53
The Iqama medical examination process for pilots in Saudi Arabia typically involves a thorough medical evaluation to ensure that you are physically and mentally fit to operate an aircraft. While the specific requirements and procedures may vary, here is a general overview of what you might expect:

Preparation: Before the medical examination, you should be well-rested and in good health. Avoid heavy meals, alcohol, and strenuous exercise the night before the test.

Documentation: Bring all required documents, such as your passport, visa, and any forms provided by the Saudi authorities. Make sure your documentation is in order.

Physical Examination: The medical examination will likely include a comprehensive physical assessment. This may involve checking your vital signs, vision, hearing, cardiovascular health, and general physical fitness.

Blood and Urine Tests: You may be required to provide blood and urine samples for various tests, including drug and alcohol screening.

Vision Test: A vision test is crucial for pilots. Your vision, including color vision, will be assessed to ensure it meets the necessary standards.

Audiogram: Pilots must have good hearing. An audiogram, which is a hearing test, will be conducted to assess your hearing ability.

ECG (Electrocardiogram): An ECG may be performed to assess your heart's electrical activity and ensure there are no irregularities.

Medical History: You'll likely be asked about your medical history, including any prior surgeries, medical conditions, or medications you are taking.

Mental Health Assessment: Mental health is vital for pilots. You may undergo a psychological evaluation to assess your mental fitness for the job.

Interview: You might have an interview with a medical professional to discuss your medical history, lifestyle, and any health-related concerns.

Chest X-ray: A chest X-ray may be required to check for any lung or respiratory issues.

Vaccination Records: Ensure you have up-to-date vaccination records, as certain vaccinations may be required.

Waiting for Results: After the medical examination, you may have to wait for the results, which will determine whether you meet the medical standards for a pilot's Iqama.

It's essential to be honest and thorough during the examination and provide accurate information about your health and medical history. If you have any specific concerns or questions about the process, it's advisable to consult with the medical facility where the examination will take place or with the relevant Saudi authorities.

mutt
10th Nov 2023, 20:18
The Iqama medical examination process for pilots in Saudi Arabia typically involves a thorough medical evaluation to ensure that you are physically and mentally fit to operate an aircraft. While the specific requirements and procedures may vary, here is a general overview of what you might expect:

Preparation: Before the medical examination, you should be well-rested and in good health. Avoid heavy meals, alcohol, and strenuous exercise the night before the test.

Documentation: Bring all required documents, such as your passport, visa, and any forms provided by the Saudi authorities. Make sure your documentation is in order.

Physical Examination: The medical examination will likely include a comprehensive physical assessment. This may involve checking your vital signs, vision, hearing, cardiovascular health, and general physical fitness.

Blood and Urine Tests: You may be required to provide blood and urine samples for various tests, including drug and alcohol screening.

Vision Test: A vision test is crucial for pilots. Your vision, including color vision, will be assessed to ensure it meets the necessary standards.

Audiogram: Pilots must have good hearing. An audiogram, which is a hearing test, will be conducted to assess your hearing ability.

ECG (Electrocardiogram): An ECG may be performed to assess your heart's electrical activity and ensure there are no irregularities.

Medical History: You'll likely be asked about your medical history, including any prior surgeries, medical conditions, or medications you are taking.

Mental Health Assessment: Mental health is vital for pilots. You may undergo a psychological evaluation to assess your mental fitness for the job.

Interview: You might have an interview with a medical professional to discuss your medical history, lifestyle, and any health-related concerns.

Chest X-ray: A chest X-ray may be required to check for any lung or respiratory issues.

Vaccination Records: Ensure you have up-to-date vaccination records, as certain vaccinations may be required.

Waiting for Results: After the medical examination, you may have to wait for the results, which will determine whether you meet the medical standards for a pilot's Iqama.

It's essential to be honest and thorough during the examination and provide accurate information about your health and medical history. If you have any specific concerns or questions about the process, it's advisable to consult with the medical facility where the examination will take place or with the relevant Saudi authorities.

You appear to be confusing a Saudi medical examination for a resident permit and the GACA medical requirements for pilots. They aren’t the same.