PDA

View Full Version : new ACC ??

Bandit at 9 oclock
6th Aug 2010, 14:14
I hear whispers we may be repeating the mistake of buying from Raytheon again. Although it appears that Raytheon are having big problems with their new AutotracIII in India - see

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Radar-crashes-at-Delhi-airport-flights-hit-/articleshow/6228729.cms (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Radar-crashes-at-Delhi-airport-flights-hit-/articleshow/6228729.cms)

Seems also that a later AT3 system crash imperilled the life of the Bristish PM - Cameron's jet was in danger over Delhi (http://www.deccanherald.com/content/85531/camerons-jet-danger-over-delhi.html)

Old mates also tell me that they have had similar heart flutters in Dubai with the same system. As a tax payer (and user of CLK) here in HK, I would not be happy sitting on a plane under this type of "control" !

atfso
22nd Jan 2016, 09:34
Sounds familiar.......and how are they doing now???

Banditxxx, can you give me six numbers between 1-49, Private Message please!

FAD
22nd Jan 2016, 12:47
UNIFO, don't bother to think about it. They fought so hard in the LEGCO hearing to deny their catastrophic failure. We are going to use the useless system to cover their sins. The only hope we can pray for is a world economic crisis that the number of traffic would go down to 30 movements per hour. Otherwise, the current high traffic volume would kill all the young controllers who are fearless. The old controllers are lucky because they can either throw white towel calling for pension or call sick. Hope the new DDG(2) can dig up the infected root of CAD tree within six months.

Please copy this link and email to him next month.

youknowwho
22nd Jan 2016, 13:50
How long has AT3 running in Mumbai?

Mumbai air traffic control system snag delays flights (http://www.nyoooz.com/mumbai/131987/mumbai-air-traffic-control-system-snag-delays-flights)(20/06/2015)
The radars are functioning, but there is a problem with the software which has forced us to use the backup system,`` said Jayant Dagupta, general manager, air traffic control, Mumbai.

Probably they took our patch.

TOIL
22nd Jan 2016, 14:41
It is time, again, to learn art of language from our management. If you have gut, why not pass this news to the management and see what they lie to you??

By the way, if you keep on searching Aid Tear Tree failure news, I wonder if DG would leave even earlier that he might need to leave with his beloved system. Do us a favour, try hard to search please.

VSD
26th Jan 2016, 13:03
We need to move into the new centre as soon as possible. It is just too freezing in the current centre, the temperature control is set for machine not human being. If the temperature continues to remain such low temperature setting, I'm afraid the reported sick will raise without question.

Can the engineer separates the air conditioner supply for machine and human being? It is too cold a workplace that we can't give you 68 movements per hour.

youknowwho
27th Jan 2016, 11:40
Temperature in the new center is warm only if outside weather is hot.

Nut.Nut
31st Jan 2016, 13:59
Uncle Choi will report duty Deputy Director of Civil Aviation (Special Duty) on 1 February, the first thing he will look at is our air-con!

atfso
2nd Feb 2016, 12:19
The following is cut from today MingPao Newspaper:

驗船官作假證罪成:將失自由 南丫海難 辯方批海事處「高層違法下屬受罪」

Someone relates this to Project Team of our new systems.

LapSap
5th Feb 2016, 12:07
Anybody seen Uncle Choi yet?
Does he exist?
Is he brave enough to show his face below the 6th floor?
His forté is Admin.
Let's hope he takes a good look at TOIL for a start.

Chingchung
6th Feb 2016, 06:06
Anybody seen Uncle Choi yet? He is at elite floor, can't see him unless you use the toilet at sixth floor
Does he exist? He is very busy, lots of shoeshiners in particular our IT manager whose tongue is manoeuvring over his shoes
Is he brave enough to show his face below the 6th floor? Why not?! The whole building is a city unlike the jungle in Air Traffic Control Complex
His forté is Admin. We don't have Admin for years
Let's hope he takes a good look at TOIL for a start. Check the toilet first!

youknowwho
13th Feb 2016, 04:40
I would wonder how those NATS experts will run our place next. They also failed to upgrade their system for 15 years now.

Hopeless CAD
13th Feb 2016, 10:05
NATS will run CAD's AT3?

lepsap
7th Mar 2016, 10:52
We don't need new ACC, very soon the plane will fly exactly like the new CAD logo - leaving us. This is the only insightfulness of CAD.

http://cdn4.scmp.com/sites/default/files/styles/980w/public/images/methode/2016/03/07/0bac2c68-e410-11e5-9c87-1b0e9fb1e112_1280x720.jpg?itok=oMEIKU8e

youknowwho
7th Mar 2016, 13:51
Even if there is a chance for a new ACC, as long as the legendary "23 months" guy still there, he will make sure CAD to finish everything or everyone in less than 23 months.

For under quoting cost, RTN is not the real worst one here.

Hopeless CAD
10th Mar 2016, 13:26
The project people told me that Mr 23 attended overseas duties three to four times every month during the first two years of ATMS project phase. So he must have learnt a lot about this unprecedented project skill from overseas service providers. He formulated this catastrophic project to ATC and thus being promoted three times in five years.....also another unprecedented promotion speed......no wonder we are failing. Thanks to DG and DDG (not the newly jointed DDG)......better call him DDG(Failure).

youknowwho
11th Mar 2016, 14:23
There is nothing to do with skill or experience. rolled 2 and 3 by 90 degree clockwise and flipped them left to right, that is w and u.