PDA

View Full Version : Totally Secure Browser

green granite
5th Aug 2010, 19:31
This looks interesting, Unfortunately I can't run it as it only runs on a 32bit system.

"Secure Browser

The Secure Browser uses virtualization technology to provide a safer web experience to users and organizations. When using the Secure Browser any changes or malicious files inadvertently downloaded from the Internet are contained within the secure browser, keeping the underlying OS and computer secure from hostile changes"

Rest of article and download from here: Secure Browser - Dell KACE (http://www.kace.com/products/freetools/secure-browser/)

Gertrude the Wombat
5th Aug 2010, 20:14
Total nonsense of course.

A "browser" is a piece of "software". Pieces of "software" contain "bugs".

This is a law of nature.

To be sure some pieces of "software" contain more "bugs" than others, but a claim that any piece of "software" is "totally" free of "bugs", even if they're only claiming that it's "totally" free of the "security exploit" subset of "bugs", is, frankly, bollocks.

vulcanised
5th Aug 2010, 21:35
Strange looking setup.

It has the Dell brand for some reason I can't fathom, and appears to be running FireFox 3.6.

FakePilot
5th Aug 2010, 21:38
provide a safer web experience

Sounds reasonable to me. This layers the software so that two cracks are required instead of one to get the goodies. This assumes that the "goodies" is full access to the users actual computer via a content exploit. (i.e. user reads a page on a site and now a bad guy reads their tax returns) Like any scenario, security practices play a much bigger role than the technology.

Ouch. Thinking about this has hurt my head.