PDA

View Full Version : GACA licence!??

azax
4th Aug 2010, 16:50
G'day!

Could anybody please help me with the exact procedure of converting a foreign CPL to a GACA (saudi arabian) licence.
This is with the M/E , NGT and IFR ! Not all current though...

Queries :

- who to contact in Jeddah and how
(need some lowdown before getting there)
- the exams (written & flying)
- the medicals

& if there is anything else I would need to know. Thank you.

cantbeafoolinlove
4th Aug 2010, 17:20
Medical, pretty easy, only if you get the doctor. Same or easier standards than FAA. (Tip, when the nurse asks you for a piss test, say no)
Exams, same as Gleims (FAA) few years old software. Its probably a school testing software, and the print the result, hand write your name on it and make a result sheet. There is additional exam called AIP (Aeronautical Information Publication). Its a open book test and is in sequence. If you have found the answer for second question before the first one, you have gone too far, go back and look for the answer of first question.
Who to contact?
The best person would be either Capt Radadi or Capt Saeed. I would personally not go to the third guy.
For the checkride, please tell what kind of conversion you looking for? Just CPL/IR, or CFI/CFII/MEI or something with a type rating?
Hope it answer all/most of your questions!
CBAFIL

mutt
4th Aug 2010, 19:05
Are you permitted to get a licence as an individual? Mine is tied to my employer and clearly states only valid when employed.

You also have to do an English language proficiency test regardless of the fact that English is your mother tongue or if it's already on your licence.

Mutt