PDA

View Full Version : General Aviation Area At King Shaka

GULF69
4th Aug 2010, 14:34
Hi all,

I heard today that there are people doing the rounds, gathering info for the (proposed) setting up of a GAA at FALE, and that it would include (if all goes well) customs & immigration!

Great news, but where was that during the SWC... Would also have been nice if this was thought of during the initial planning stages of FALE...

Watch this space...

CJ750
4th Aug 2010, 17:53
what for they dont want GA Aircraft at FALE

GULF69
5th Aug 2010, 07:01
According to these guys they actually do... hence putting up the GA facility to draw GAA aircraft!

Next Leg Undefined
7th Aug 2010, 19:08
I heard that two thirds of the land at FALE is owned by Dube Tradeport and that they are going ahead with a General Aviation area on the northern side of the precious cargo section, abeam the threshold of RWY 24. They have some earth works to do, to get rid of all the earth dumped from when they built the airport, before they can build the GA area. ACSA don't want anything to do with GA, they want Dube Tradeport to handle GA landing fees, fuel, etc... There is so much talk right now, not sure when the area will be built but if government agencies are involved, guaranteed it won't be in the next year or two. The talk is heading towards absorbing all operators from FAVG before the end of FAVG's lease in 2012.

I.R.PIRATE
9th Aug 2010, 13:51
...and prepare to pay out of your nose.

Once they close VG, there is no alternative going to offered to GA - you will move to FAIL or else. And you will pay - my god how you will pay.