PDA

View Full Version : Ecuadorian aviation

Ultra long hauler
4th Aug 2010, 12:21
Buenos días all,

I was wondering if there are any Ecuadorian aviators or enthusiasts out here:

I don´t hear so much Ecuadorian news--> yet they have a new airline (Air Cuenca), they have opened a new airport in the South (Santa Rosa), they are building Quito´s new international airport (UIO) and are planning Guayaquil´s new airport (GYE).

LAN Ecuador have expanded their domestic network and companies like TAME, AEROGAL etc are renewing their fleets with Airbus A320´s, Embraers etc.

On a personal note, I am a member of an LSA Aeroclub in Guayaquil.
I would love to discuss the above items with others involved in Ecuadorian aviation.

Cheers,

###Ultra Long Hauler###

PA38-Pilot
4th Aug 2010, 23:39
they are building Quito´s new international airport (UIO)Are there any news on when it will be ready, or if it will have a CAT II ILS?

OVERLORD32388
13th Aug 2010, 02:48
Ultrahouler:

How's the quality of flight schools in Ecuador, regarding airplanes and cost wise, is it good???

Ultra long hauler
18th Aug 2010, 17:00
Overlord,

I´m not sure--> Im member of a LSA (ultra light) club, and therefore I was trained by our club´s instructor.

Professionally done (and cheap), but I don´t have my PPL or anything like that.

I think you can get classes in Guayaquil and Quito, but I would not know about prizes, sorry!

Cheers,

###Ultra Long Hauler###

OVERLORD32388
19th Aug 2010, 00:36
oh ok thanks

HLJHLJ
12th Sep 2010, 07:36
The only flight school I know of in Ecuador is Aero Club del Ecuador (http://www.aeroclubdelecuador.com/) and that's light aircraft up to instructor level. The prices are on the website.

They seem to be reasonably well thought of, but I don't know anyone who has actually trained with them. If you hear of any other schools, especially in Quito or elsewhere in the Sierra I'd be very interested in hearing about them.

Ultra long hauler
19th Sep 2010, 14:08
Hi mate,

I am a member of a club in the Guayaquil area, no not sierra I´m afraid.
Anyway, we have a very good teacher that teaches in English / Spanish.

If you want more info just let me know!

Cheers,

Ultra Long Hauler

OVERLORD32388
20th Sep 2010, 05:59
Thanks mates:

Im thinking about moving back to Ecuador, one of the options is eventually my home, thanks guys for the info, and Ultrahauler, hook me up with the info if you can, thanks in advance. Cheers

OVERLORD32388
20th Sep 2010, 06:02
Thanks mate:

Checked them up, but the one I need is the commercial license, they dont specify in their website, do you know the one in Quito, Icaro Flight Training, do you know any email how to contact them????

HLJHLJ
21st Sep 2010, 04:12
Thanks for the info, both of you! I thought Icaro Flight School was part of Icaro airlines, but I found an alternative site and it looks like it's a regular flight school.
Learn2Fly - Inicio (http://www.learn2fly.aero)

There is a contact form here
Learn2Fly - Contáctenos (http://www.learn2fly.aero/portal/web/guest/contactenos)
and an email address on the right hand side. I won't repost it because it will just encourage the spam bots.

My Spanish is pretty basic, but I can't see anything on there about commercial licences. It seems to be Private, Instructor and conversions.

Ultra long hauler
23rd Sep 2010, 17:21
Buenas tardes,

all I can give you guys is the site of my club, hope that helps!

Inicio (http://aeroclublosrebeldes.00server.com/)

Please contact us!

Cheers,

###Ultra Long Hauler###

OVERLORD32388
24th Sep 2010, 03:13
Thanks Mate:

I already sent them a couple of emails in the past, but no response, is probably on spam or something, I might call them this month, and find out from them, apparently I just cant get them through the web:bored:

Cheers

OVERLORD32388
24th Sep 2010, 03:15
Thanks mate:

I'm gonna check them out, if I dont get through the web, Im calling, thanks a lot!!:O

Cheers to all

HLJHLJ
24th Sep 2010, 04:06
Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately Guayas is too far for me, but it's nice to know there are options out there!

Ultra long hauler
24th Sep 2010, 10:07
No worries, let me know if you need anything else………

###Ultra Long Hauler###

Ultra long hauler
4th Jan 2011, 23:00
Sorry, in Spanish:

###########################################
Es oficial, el día de hoy 4 de enero, la Dirección de Aviación Civil publicó la nueva reglamentación para la operación de aviones ultraligeros y deportivos en el país.

Para la DAC y evidentemente para todos los que hemos estado involucrados es todo un hito, ya que por primera vez se logra una regulación de consenso con los interesados. Basicamente el comité a cargo de la regulación aeronáutica aprovó todo, con la única excepción de que le agregó un equipo más al necesario para volar ultraligeros: la instalación de un ELT.
La implementación completa de todo lo que dice la nueva reglamentación va a tomar un tiempo, puesto que el cambio principal que la DAC quería, la implementación de la licencia de vuelo, está inmersa dentro de otro capítulo, llamado RDAc 61, cuyas discuciones finales aún no las hemos realizado.
Por lo pronto, a manera de resumen quiero decirles que se preparen para lo siguiente:

a) Obtener una licencia de piloto deportivo, lo que incluye exámen médico.
b) Implementar los siguientes equipos:

1.- Radio (operativo 100%)
2.- Transponder con modo C
3.- ELT

c) Obtener un seguro de responsabilidad civil hasta por $ 10000.

d) Obtener un certificado de aeronavegabilidad que debe estar permanentemente en el avión.

e) Implementar una bitácora de vuelo y mantenimiento.

###ultra Long Hauler###