PDA

View Full Version : Air France & Aveos

pppaul3
4th Aug 2010, 07:58
Hey,
I just read that Aveos signed a 12y MRO contract with Air France. What about Air France Industries? Why don`t they do that MRO inhouse? :confused:

I`ve also heard that Air France might sell 20% of the AFI shares or even hive it off completely, maybe there is a connection between those two facts?

Each piece of information would be appreciated!

greetz

paul

FYI:
Aveos signs twelve-year Engine and Airframe Maintenance Agreements with Air France

Continues delivering on its long-term growth strategy

MONTREAL, July 26 /PRNewswire/ - Aveos Fleet Performance is pleased to announce that it has signed twelve (12) year Engine and Airframe Maintenance Agreements with Air France. This strengthens Aveos' role as a leading MRO with globally recognized engine and airframe overhaul capabilities.

Beginning July 2010, the agreements include the maintenance, repair, overhaul and related services for CFM56 engines, as well as Airbus A320, A330 and A340 aircraft.

SOURCE AVEOS FLEET PERFORMANCE INC.

pppaul3
6th Aug 2010, 07:38
Hey,this is rumour network, no rumours out there? ;)

ChallengerDan
6th Aug 2010, 18:56
Cannot say about the engines, but I sure have not seen any AF ship coming in for maintenance yet in YUL.
They did take back some of the layoff notices from a few employees though I heard.

pppaul3
9th Aug 2010, 07:43
(back from short vacation)

Thanks for that info. Usually companies do lay off people to cut employee costs before selling shares to become more attractive for possible investors. :confused:
Maybe AFI is just back on the track after their AF`s hard times during the last months :ok: