PDA

View Full Version : Israel v Hezbollah Round 2

LIMA OR ALPHA JUNK
3rd Aug 2010, 23:28
Was Lebanese sovereignty violated by Israel or was this some confused misunderstanding leading to death on both sides ? I guess Hezbollah are ready for round 2 if need be.

Another regional conflict on the cards ?

parabellum
4th Aug 2010, 00:47
Was Lebanese sovereignty violated by Israel or was this some confused misunderstanding

or better, perhaps:

"Was Lebanese sovereignty violated by Israel, Israel's soverignty violated by the Lebanon or was this some confused misunderstanding?"

con-pilot
4th Aug 2010, 00:54
or better, perhaps:

"Was Lebanese sovereignty violated by Israel, Israel's soverignty violated by the Lebanon or was this some confused misunderstanding?"

Ah, you must have forgotten rule number one when it comes to Israel, it is always Israel's fault here to many. No matter the evidence or provocation to the contrary.

rh200
4th Aug 2010, 00:56
Reports from some news agencys are quoting that UN observers are saying the Israelis where on their side, how true that is, who knows. Could be anything from either side stirring trouble, or a classic stuffup.

Though I find it interesting that the dead and injured on the Israeli side was a senior officer, and a mid ranking one. These two where supposedly standing back watching their grunts work.

7x7
4th Aug 2010, 01:34
...and therefore highly unlikely to have been closer to the Lebanese border than the grunts with the saws and the pruning shears.

Most likely some young hothead Lebanese soldier rather than a carefully contrived provocation from on high.

Unfortunately, if that's what it was, it makes the dead on both sides of the border no less dead.

lomapaseo
4th Aug 2010, 02:20
is there a base story for this thread:confused:

parabellum
4th Aug 2010, 03:08
Tree pruning operation triggers deadly clash on Israel's border with Lebanon | The Australian (http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/tree-pruning-operation-triggers-deadly-clash-on-israels-border-with-lebanon/story-e6frg6so-1225900892853)

lomapaseo
4th Aug 2010, 03:46
parabellum

Thanks

Carry on folks :)

what's a border for if you can't grow shade trees on your side?

Hmm, I wonder what evil my next door neighbor is planning behind his trees, I think that I will have a look with my pruning saw

I suppose that there is something more to this :confused: