PDA

View Full Version : C 206 went down in tanzania

smhina74
3rd Aug 2010, 11:20
Safari Airlink C 206 went down at Matambwe , all people on boad are safe. it takes more than 24 hours to rescure them.

kunguru
3rd Aug 2010, 12:16
Thanks all are safe. In TZ we don't have search and rescue committee.
was there strong crosswind or an engine failure?
can you inform us who was the pilot in command??

Welshboyo
5th Aug 2010, 05:56
does anyone have anymore information on this yet?

boing7777
6th Aug 2010, 14:45
Kjetil (25) måtte nødlande i nasjonalpark i Afrika - VG Nett (http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/artikkel.php?artid=10044072)

Norwegian pilot, and two dutch passangers. Apperently engine failure about 15 min after take off. They had to spend the night in the jungle waiting for rescue. The pilot got a black eye, and that seems to be the only injury.

spkkell
6th Aug 2010, 16:04
I was at the air strip a few days ago where he took off from, before engine failure. He spoke to a retired engineer on the dirt strip after landing and complained about an oil pressure gage fluctuating. Quantity of oil appeared to be fine, however they topped up with some more oil. A few minutes after take off there appeared to be a blockage at some point in the oil system. As you can imagine with no oil flowing around, the engine blew. He did well and put it down into some trees. 3 people have been very lucky to walk away from that!!