PDA

View Full Version : Can ne1 help me out?

Mohit Nagar
3rd Aug 2010, 05:49
I have a Canadian CPL and I submitted my documents for RT conversion more than 2 months ago. But wpc hasn't issued it yet, infact when I contacted them they said your file has not been opened yet because we are doing some marine work and it will take 30-45 days more and only after that we will start converting Canadian RT to Indian RT. And the major problem is that my recency is valid only for a month more and I don't have my Indian RTR. Can I apply for CPL conversion without RT and submit it later or not? And what if wpc issue it after the recency is lapsed, will DGCA still accept it or not?

avalanche007
3rd Aug 2010, 06:04
well in that case dont wait for your indian rtr licence but apply to dgca for your cpl
but in covering letter do mention that your rtr is still under process and also attach the receipt or any acknowledgement for the same

you can submit your rtr later to dgca

Captain22
3rd Aug 2010, 08:12
Well the same case happened with my friend too. He submitted his RT later but DGCA DD Mr. Vashisht told him that your RT should be issued before the day your recency is lapsing. I don't know what happened to his licensing application, I'm not in touch with him. But how can it be possible to get ur RT converted before your recency gets expired if WPC guys are taking 3 to 4 months to convert one single RT.
As far as I know RT and CPL are totally 2 different things and RT doesn't have to do anything with recency, thn why DGCA is making an obligation that they won't except the application if RT will be issued after the date your recency gets expired. Its not our fault if WPC is taking so much time to convert it as you said they are doing some marine work.
I will talk to my friend I mentioned above and let you know what happened with his case.

jimmygill
3rd Aug 2010, 10:34
Just put in your application with DGCA without RT.

Follow up with WPC and submit additional documents to DGCA later.

If DGCA is not accepting the application by hand, send it by registered speed post, they gotta accept.

There is no such rule that your RTR should be issued before your recency has expired.

Mohit Nagar
5th Aug 2010, 03:38
Thanx for d reply guys.....I went to DGCA yesterday and submitted my application with all d required docs except Indian rtr....and also I went to d licensing deptt. to talk to D Dir. Mr. Vashisht, he has recently replaced Mr. VP Singh...he said my application for CPL conversion won't be considered without Indian rtr....on further questioning him he asked me to refer to d dgca website.

Well if u search d site for such rules its given that dgca may accept the copy of RTR(A) result published on wpc website....however, applicant shall submit d orignal RTR(A) before issue of the rating.

But thr is nothing mentioned about those who apply for conversion of RT....if wpc is taking so much time jst to convert an RT thn its not our fault....yesterday I talked to a wpc official too on phone n he said my file hasn't been opened yet....its been more thn 2 months already since I applied for conversion....Well I don't knw who to blame...dgca or wpc?....Anywaz thanx guys for ur suggestions.....surely u guys reduced my tension a bit....lets c what will happen with my appliaction