PDA

View Full Version : Atpl Exams-Mod 1

dcarroll
2nd Aug 2010, 16:54
Hi Everyone,
Im looking for some information regarding Mod 1 Atpls @ Bristol GS

Ive recently got last min holidays approved from work and plan to use this month to start Mod 1. Does anybody know if it is possible to sit part of module 1 as opposed to attempting all exams-due to the mass workload and the short space of time! I would be happy to sit 3/4 of the exams so is this possible or must I do them all or noting? Tried called Bristol GS but cannot get through to anybody!
Would really appreciate some feedback!

Thanks

kwb911
2nd Aug 2010, 18:41
You need to be signed off by bristol before you can sit the exams. For this to happen you need to finish the course and attend the brush up

dcarroll
2nd Aug 2010, 19:42
Thanks kwb911,
Do you know if its possible to choose like 3/4 of the subjects, complete the relevant online exams,do brush-up and then exams?

Dick Whittingham
2nd Aug 2010, 21:01
dcarroll,

I'm surprised you got no (phone?) contact from Bristol. Customer support is one of their key points. Try e-mail to [email protected] or go on the Bristol web site, choose "Support" then "Forum" and post your query there

Dick W

downwind24
3rd Aug 2010, 14:21
I had 2 friends who 'broke up' Mod 1 and Mod 2 into a 4/4 and 3/3 but then wished they hadnt. Brush up is fantastic for the final push at getting you through the exams obviously at a point that you have sufficient knowledge , they bring it all together. Each to their own but i would try the 8 first as the overlap between subjects means that for instance Air Law and Ops are very very similar.

As Dick says post a question on the forum it is a gold mine of info from past and current students and no i don't work for them either i am a current student who believes the course/product they sell is second to none and very pleased i made the choice of BGS :O

Need money
3rd Aug 2010, 14:37
I broke off met as it is one of the more difficult, and I had some hour building to complete before my clock starting ticking against CPL etc.

But, the brush up is as good as everyone says - so not really necessary.

kwb911
3rd Aug 2010, 19:33
Thanks kwb911,
Do you know if its possible to choose like 3/4 of the subjects, complete the relevant online exams,do brush-up and then exams?

The brush up is for all the subjects in each particular module so you will need to finish the complete course first for each module. You can split the module exams up if you wish and take those over two months for example but remember you have time deadlines from first exam and also a max number of sittings and resits etc. Also very handy to take the exams straight after the brush up.

I do know people that split the exams and i was going to do the same but i just completed them in one go for each module and it was fine although a lot of work. I studied at Bristol and also had a full time job and got very good marks so it can be done even though you think the study is never ending.