PDA

View Full Version : IL76 for Somalia

Need to Know Basis
2nd Aug 2010, 11:44
Can anyone help ? Trying to find a IL76 operator to operate 9 x EBB-MGQ-EBB trips asap ? P.M. me if anyone as any good ideas. Everyone I have contacted shys away from MGQ. Thank you.

JW411
2nd Aug 2010, 14:50
You astonish me; why on earth would any self-respecting airline shy away from operating into Mogadish?

mole man
2nd Aug 2010, 15:13
Try Volga-Dnepr at STN

Good Luck:ok:

CathayBrat
2nd Aug 2010, 15:22
The main reason no one wants to put one of those lumbering brutes into mog is due to the fact there is one wrecked there with a hole u can drive a truck through, from a rpg, and one went down into the city, from a sam 7, and one blew up on dep from EBB, due to a bomb! However there are other ways of getting cargo into that happy place, but it depends what it is and who's it for, as the UPDF controls whats in and out. PM me with details, and i will let you know your options.
Cheers
Brat
Regular Visitor to Mog

AAL
2nd Aug 2010, 17:01
The flights you mention that were downed were also for the UPDF, if they couldnt take precautions then why and how will they do now?

The UPDF will also as is SOP with them, pay no positioning & depositioning, sign no fixed legally binding contract, offer 10 flights as a carrot and then only do 3, and let you wait months for your money.

No self respecting company will even consider, and insurance cover for these flights has become unaffordable.

The industry have become wise to these shinnanigans and once bitten twice shy.

After the Kampala bomb blasts during the Soccer World Cup Al-Shabaab have demonstrated that they can hit back at will, plus with the cargo to be flown sure they will do anything to prevent further deliveries to Mogadishu.

Think again guys - this guantlet is becoming too tight to run. Suggest the UPDF buy their own IL-76 and fly their own suicide missions.

Binthere
2nd Aug 2010, 22:13
Truck the cargo down to Mombassa, stick it all an a mid sized boat, sail it up the coast towards Mog and let the pirates do the rest for you, no customs to worry about, no graft monies, no royalties to whoever might want them, job done. As the Meerkat says - simples!

747F
10th Aug 2010, 08:06
pls PM or call +49 175 209 1976