PDA

View Full Version : Licensing

Fletchy88
2nd Aug 2010, 09:36
Wanted to know why it is that certain companies will not accept certain licensing, is it to do with the certifications the company are registered under????

NutLoose
2nd Aug 2010, 09:55
Need more information what licence will they not accept and where?

Fletchy88
2nd Aug 2010, 09:57
irrelevant .... company only taking EASA, based in Africa .....

Fletchy88
2nd Aug 2010, 10:04
im guessing you were going to tell me that if you are in say australia then they will onlytake CASA license, if you are in US then FAA etc ...??

stevef
2nd Aug 2010, 19:32
If you don't want any replies, Fletchy, you're going the right way about it. ;)
I'd suggest you focus your question a little more and give reasonable time for responses.

piggybank
2nd Aug 2010, 20:17
Fletchy, yes I know how you feel. I am hitting the same problem with two Africa applications. Basically it depends on the registration of the aircraft, what system that country uses.

If it is say a UK company using EASA, people with FAA licenses are not much use even with a large amount of experience. Even within EASA licensing companies will not necessarily trust the EASA licence issued by another country.

I am using a PNG EASA license, with 12 years on the type needed but I lose against a man with minimal experience and an eight week course on type using say a UK issued EASA license.

My PNG license is based on my CASA and FAA licenses if I go back to the early 90's for initial issue of PNG license. I have 30 years licensed expereince in all.

I use EASA system, paperwork, rules, regs and run a small maintenance operation but it counts for nothing.

Not much else to say, its their cricket game they can play it how they want.

Fletchy88
3rd Aug 2010, 07:52
@ ALL

what about this though, are the companies somehow legally binded to only work under say ..."EASA" if that is the registration of the aircraft, can they not be persuaded to accept other licensing if their is a huge amount of experience ...? have you ever seen that happen, or is it categorically not happening or happened?

Fletchy88
3rd Aug 2010, 08:14
@ Stevef

sorrry mate, used to fast paced stuff

piggybank
3rd Aug 2010, 09:19
The answer must be no. They know what they want and that’s it. However, if the rates I see are true at Euros 320 a day they are not going to be killed in the stampede by jobseekers; unless they are paying for the time off as well, that may be better.

I could take a UK EASA license but as CASA are going EASA from November I see no gain and would have to re-sit my type licenses again. I will wait till then and reapply, or maybe they will have a change of attitude if there are not enough people to fill the slots.

spannersatcx
3rd Aug 2010, 15:32
it is dictated by what is acceptable to the regulator.

Fletchy88
3rd Aug 2010, 15:46
who is the regulator in all cases

spannersatcx
3rd Aug 2010, 17:45
If you work for airline A in country X and handle airline B from country Y, then the regulator of airline B will dictate what is acceptable to them for you to certify a/c from Y under an MSA.

GS John
3rd Aug 2010, 18:25
It sounds as if it's the problem where EU-OPS operators have to comply with EASA Part M which effectively means that they can only use EASA Part 145 approved / accepted maintenance organisations. And that the conditions for EASA Part 145.A.30 (J) 1 and 2 must be met, which leads onto Appendix IV to EASA Part 145 which details the requirements for non Part 66 Licence holders, and this includes the nationality requirements where the person doesn't have a licence of the country they're working in.

For some light reading: EASA - Regulations structure (http://easa.europa.eu/regulations/regulations-structure.php)

PS Don't shoot the messenger!

piggybank
4th Aug 2010, 02:49
I cut this from another thread, and left it as is. It would be nice if this was true.

aztek

Posts: 10 @ no-hoper this is the answer of the caa and bus429 you was right:

"Dear Sir

There are currently no provisions with the regulation for a change of state of licence issue.

The Part-66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence is recognised in all Member States and it is not necessary to change the document.

Many thanks

Mrs C Mundie
L&TS"

masen

spannersatcx
4th Aug 2010, 07:48
you have to be aware there are others apart from EASA out there in the big wide world.

GS John
4th Aug 2010, 10:24
Latest CHIRP has a nice bitch about the "level" playing field. Especially the Greek one if the article is correct :eek:

Latest one not on-line yet: CHIRP (http://www.chirp.co.uk/)

Fletchy88
4th Aug 2010, 11:44
@ piggybank

so if the a/c is registered in say SA then the "regulators" (who will always be the regulators of an a/c?) ill say that you need an SACAA license to be able to perform maintenance on it??

piggybank
4th Aug 2010, 20:02
In most countries there would be a limited time that an aircraft could be operated on its foreign registration. If hired by say a South African company holding an AOC (Air Operator Certificate) it would either have a limited stay in the country, or have to be registered under SA rules.

Then the SA rules would apply to who could work on it.

At that point of time the people that work on it as mechs or pilots would have to meet the SA requirements. Other countries say in West Africa may have more flexibility in applying the rules.

Fletchy88
6th Aug 2010, 08:03
@ spannersatcx

HAHA yes i am am aware of this

piggybank
6th Aug 2010, 09:30
Ref my last remarks on changing the aircraft registration, this not would be the case of say aircraft contracted to the United Nations doing disaster relief.

They would be with their own crews, own original registration, etc.

However the pay I was quoted by a mech in the mid 90’s for this kind of work for was six hundred dollars US a day after the company had taken the lions share of the income from the work.