PDA

View Full Version : fly niki

alkor
1st Aug 2010, 18:33
hi,

Niki is hiring.

Any info regarding pay (net) and roaster would be appreciated. FO.

Did the search but there are only old posts.

Thanks.

Cheers,
a

Vulka
1st Aug 2010, 19:52
Do U speak perfect german?:E:=:=

SMT Member
1st Aug 2010, 20:00
And do you mind flying with the boss in somewhat casual attire?

http://i26.tinypic.com/264n82c.jpg

Single Flasher
3rd Aug 2010, 08:40
Are NIKI recruiting DE Captains?

Does anybody know what the T's & C's are for Captains? A320?

1. How many overnights?
2. Roster?
3 Take home pay?
4. Days off per month?
5 13th month pay?
6. Weeks/year holiday?
7. Staff travel?

Would really appreciate some info on this.

Can only find very little info about NIKI on the internet.

Thanks

SF

Michi
3rd Aug 2010, 08:55
It is for a part connected to Air Berlin so maybe their terms are the same for Niki?

EAM
3rd Aug 2010, 10:06
First of all, you need to speak german.

1. Only very few overnights, from 0 to about 5 per month
2. Roster is very good, min. 10 days off p. month, usualy 10-12.
3. Very low salary, noone is there just for the money.
4. By austrian law salary is paid 14 times a year.
5. 5 weeks holiday
6. Staff travel and ZED agreement

Niki is part of AirBerlin, all recruitment is done via Interpersonal.
People are quite happy at Niki everyone knows what they have and what not.
Taxes, medical and social insurance are paid in austria.

Single Flasher
3rd Aug 2010, 10:16
Thanks EAM. Good info. Do they accept DE Captains? What is a 'very low salary'?

SF

EAM
3rd Aug 2010, 11:03
At the moment DEC Positions on A320 and EMB are advertised.
Low salary, I would say if you calculate with an average of 4-4500per month after tax, you will not be disappointed. It could be a bit more, but it depends on how much you are flying.

de facto
4th Aug 2010, 04:47
4500 Eur /month? not worth learning German for these peanuts!:cool:

EAM
4th Aug 2010, 09:25
if you dont know german, you dont meet the requirements anyway.:}

hetfield
4th Aug 2010, 10:10
If you don't have a type rating, just go here and it's done within minutes:

flyniki - von Niki Lauda fliegen lernen (http://www.flyniki.com/de/niki-world/specials/flieg-mit-niki.html)

de facto
5th Aug 2010, 10:19
EAM,

All good, they dont meet my requirements either:E

Airbus_a321
5th Aug 2010, 11:40
well said, defacto :ok:

Single Flasher
19th Aug 2010, 19:50
What level of German is required? I have a basic level. What is the language used on the flightdeck. Is less than perfect accepted?
What is a ZED agreement with respect to staff travel? Is this ID90's. Can you use other carriers? Please let me know. Thanks again for your useful info.

SF

EMB170
19th Aug 2010, 20:22
So SF, you don't know what a zed fare is? are you sure you are an airline pilot ? that's the first thing you learn, how do use your staff travel properly !
ZED stands for; Zonal Employee Discount , this is based on mileage : ie travel between let's say 2000 miles and 3000 miles costs X pounds where ever you go in this range.

Single Flasher
20th Aug 2010, 15:12
Disappointing answer from you E170. Is it really necessary to be so patronizing? What do you know of my background? Please leave this website for professionals.

hollingworthp
20th Aug 2010, 18:05
I found E170's post quite informative ;-)

We don't get airline staff travel as we have no reciprocal arrangement with airlines to let their staff hop in the back of our bizjets :-(

DHC6to8
20th Aug 2010, 18:15
I can still remember watching in horror as Mr lauda flew to Helsinki on a friday and came home to Vienna on Sunday. He started his A320 type rating on friday and finshed on sunday including the circuits! Wow, a whole f***ing typerating in a weekend... makes the rest of us look like sh*ite... taking normally weeks to get rated... my 737 rating took three weeks and I thought that was fast...
6to8

Last I read, Mr. lauda has been trying in vain to be allowed to put a third type rating on his ATPL, but the powers that be won't allow it...

EAM
20th Aug 2010, 18:17
SF, I think it depends what your basic level is, if you can do a normal conversation I would say this is OK. Of course we use english on the flight deck, there are also some FOs who do not speak german.

ZED is a special agreement for staff travel
@EMB170 if someone flys for a company who has no agreement with other airlines he does not necessarily know what ZED is.
As far as I recall this was not a question in my ATPL exam, but maybe that has changed in the last years. :p

hollingworthp
20th Aug 2010, 18:39
Last I read, Mr. lauda has been trying in vain to be allowed to put a third type rating on his ATPL, but the powers that be won't allow it...

I thought most things were allowed in Austria if you had enough money

Gafanhoto
7th Dec 2010, 23:08
Hi,

I have a few questions to make ;)

Does anyone here knows someone who went for a self funded type rating within fly niki?
Comparing to other pay to fly schemes is this one a good option?
What are the possibilities to get a contract after the line training? (None i guess....)

VJW
8th Dec 2010, 01:03
I'm a professional pilot who also didn't know what ZED was- then again I am with MOL's crew :D

Pizza Express
8th Dec 2010, 08:12
I have been an airline pilot short haul for six years and never come across the term ZED before. I guess it depends on who you work for. I can tell you most of my fellow pilots would not know what zed fare is and we work for one of the largest airlines in Europe.

INNflight
8th Dec 2010, 08:24
Niki does not hire any F/Os anymore for the time being, only rated & current captains, if I remember correctly min. 5000 hrs TT.

austrian71
8th Dec 2010, 09:15
ZED ? I fly 20 years, airforce, airlines , executive, NEVER was confrontated with ZED - I guess this fact also doesnt entitle me to fly for niki, I am sorry that I am so stupid :rolleyes:
According the mails from some niki - aviators their "high standart" is not reachable for normal people like me, what a pitty :{