PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Hoar in Hong Kong

RugbyRugby
1st Aug 2010, 16:42
The Cheapest Hoar (and i'm not talking about an icing type) in Hong Kong....

When Company calls you on a G day, it is because you are the lowest cost option available. You are not Superman saving the operation, you are not 'helping' them out in return for future gains. You are the lowest cost option to complete their task.

When everyone on 'G's, and O's' is unavailable, the duty passes to the rightful crew who are on reserve. On reserve meaning 'expensive'.

I've heard it all, "oh i answered before i saw the number', 'oh, i hit answer as the phone was being pulled out of my pocket', 'oh, i was half asleep and failed to check', 'oh, i didn't know what to say to Crew Control'..... all bollocks...

Pass on being 'contact-able', have a pre thought reply in case you 'mistakenly' answer your phone.

Leave the cheap hoar-ing in the dark parts of the city, send the duty to the crew members who are scheduled to cover it in the first place.

Even helping out once, is a massive help. 2700+ extra work days for near zero cost. Every time you help, you are hurting yourself in the long run...

Zero tolerance....... Dont be a cheap Hoar....

Oval3Holer
1st Aug 2010, 17:42
Blackball those who work on G days, I say!

1st Aug 2010, 21:14
Spelling, grammar, punctuation, and usage are always important, especially when you're having a rant.

Captain Dart
1st Aug 2010, 22:52
I agree with you, Rugby, but it's 'whore'.

Bob Hawke
2nd Aug 2010, 02:36
EGZACKERLY! If you "mistakenly" answer the phone, answer with another name, it's so simple! ONE DREAM, ONE TEAM, NO CREME!

Mr. Bloggs
2nd Aug 2010, 02:40
Sorry blokes, most will do what suits them and nothing else. They make all the excuses in the world but they won’t change. It is always the same people. :confused:

Amazing how people can be awoken at 1 am and be there at 0700 to complete a full duty, but but but……………….:rolleyes:

Welcome to CX, nothing will ever change.:{

People are scared.:D

Harbour Dweller
2nd Aug 2010, 03:44
People are scared.:D

People are weak!

Brown Nose
2nd Aug 2010, 05:45
Until the AOA calls for contract compliance for all, it is a waste of time doing anything as individuals. Until then if you can make money or need days off elsewhere, go for it. More money you make now the sooner you can leave.

Mooseflyer
2nd Aug 2010, 06:06
What's wrong with a simple "no"?

I agree with Brown Nose though....if/when the time comes, the AoA will need to LEAD the pilot group, in no uncertain terms. Remember, the AoA is "us". As such, when someone is sitting next to you who shows up on a G day.....

The Wraith
2nd Aug 2010, 14:02
I never thought I'd see the words lead and AOA in the same sentence!
(And yes, I am a member.)

coonabarabran
2nd Aug 2010, 14:23
Remember, the AOA is "us"

Says it all really.

FlexibleResponse
2nd Aug 2010, 14:27
I had CC call me very early one morning in the Headland. "Good morning, this is CC, can I speak to Capt XXX"? I drowsily said, "Sorry he is not here, can I take a message"? The CC couldn't contain herself and burst out laughing. I said goodbye and hung up.

...I never heard another thing...!

Mr. Bloggs
3rd Aug 2010, 01:44
BN:

I have never came out of contract compliance but am the minority. Do people really need to be told to do contract compliance.......:ugh:after all that has been done to them. No wonder we are in the state we are in...........:confused:

jetset
3rd Aug 2010, 07:17
(and often try to exceed their bounds)

That is a very generous way of putting it! :mad:

The Management
5th Aug 2010, 02:36
The DFO would still wishes to terminate some contracts. There are some on the so-called hit list that did not get terminated and he has pushed this agenda the last couple of years only to be thwarted by legal advice.
I can see that some of you were missed and we know who you are. We are just waiting for the correct time and to validate your termination. If you mess up, you are gone. The next DFO will follow up on the previous DFO’s work and has been briefed.

Some of us in Management believe the pilots have no positive contribution to The CPG i.e. the most recent JFK incident, which almost ended up being fatal. There are absolutely no positive contributions from pilots at The CPG but unfortunely they are a necessary evil.

The very few that do not help are the minority and we have you all picked out for termination. It is only a matter of time.

You will not interrupt Our Superior Management Skills to produce profit for The CPG. You are too few. We will bring the pilot group in line. Some will lose their career for trying to be morally correct.

To My Bonus
The Management

Toe Knee Tiler
5th Aug 2010, 04:41
I was looking at overtime last month on my normal roster and arrived back from a pattern to receive a roster change which trimmed the credit back.

When I challenged it I was told that it was due to an aircraft switch.

I then investigated and indeed it was a switch from one registration to another on the same aircraft type.

I searched the crew list for the more profitable pattern and guess what?

The guy was on a G day.

Harbour Dweller
5th Aug 2010, 05:44
I then investigated and indeed it was a switch from one registration to another on the same aircraft type.

Was the flight changed to a training flight? If not, follow this up with the JRC.

You should have remained on that pattern if it wasn't changed for training reasons.

Toe Knee Tiler
5th Aug 2010, 06:54
No it wasn't training and I had been given the flight off reserve.

Still the point is that I was on a reserve block and he was on a G day.

So must have been cheapest option on the day and we can all stop that by not working on days off.

Harbour Dweller
5th Aug 2010, 07:09
Totally frustrating on both points.

Pass this onto the JRC. They can pull the tapes recording your discussion with CC and investigate it further.

Since it wasn't training or a change of aircraft type then you should have been kept on the pattern and hence been paid the overtime.

I agree totally regarding guys working on G days. All these guys are doing is screwing us all over.

From talk on the street CC are growing increasingly desperate with crew shortages. Calls from CC requesting crew to work G days are on the increase again.

flyhardmo
5th Aug 2010, 11:48
I agree totally regarding guys working on G days. All these guys are doing is screwing us all over.

its just going to get worse with international cadets desperate to get extra cash to make ends meet. Maybe posting pics of these clowns on the crew notice board or the AOA website will bring a change in their attitude. :=

Toe Knee Tiler
8th Aug 2010, 08:16
This really concerns me. We are aware of mutterings in the camp about pay talks and the indication that the company does not think this is a good idea.

While this is happening we have a never ending stream of pilots who accept work on G days and love doing 92 hours plus a month.

So the picture given is that we do not need all of our days off and we are comfortable with working more than 84 hours.

It would not surprise me if a new target for basic pay hours is set with more money than we get now but less than the current EFP.

Stop working on your G days it is that simple. I do not want to work more than I do now.

Mr. Bloggs
8th Aug 2010, 23:05
Most other airline pilots would work to rule about 6 months before pay negotiations start to give their negotiators some assistance but CX pilots are most definitely not like most other airline pilots.:ugh:

Captain X has 83 hours. Gets a call to operated on G days for a ULH. 12-15 hours and PX back. Could end up getting over 100 hours and close to double pay with 3 days work. Do you think he is going to give that up for the greater good? You think the senior guys care about you? Trust me they don’t. :=

People will do what suits them, seen it all before. He/She maybe a cheap hoar but they have a fat wallet. Plus they are intimidated and want to look good to their managers. They don’t care what you think about them.

It’s called “I’m alright Jack”.:yuk:

I don’t seem to be called on G days. I assume the CC computer has the answer next to my name. I also assume if you are a G days worker, you will be getting calls at ungodly hours, G days/O days, etc.:D

broadband circuit
9th Aug 2010, 04:45
I don’t seem to be called on G days. I assume the CC computer has the answer next to my name. I also assume if you are a G days worker, you will be getting calls at ungodly hours, G days/O days, etc.

Damn right Mr. Bloggs. I assume they have my standard answer on file as well.

What annoys me, is when I'm on reserve, and not called, but instead they call someone on their G day. What totally f#%*s me off is when the G dayer agrees to work.