PDA

View Full Version : Cathay's future problems

Sqwak7700
31st Jul 2010, 13:33
gulfnews : Out of pilots, Philippine airline grounds flights (http://gulfnews.com/news/world/philippines/out-of-pilots-philippine-airline-grounds-flights-1.661956)

PAL said in a statement it will be filing appropriate charges against the pilots "who chose not to report for work immediately after submitting resignation letters. Most of the pilots still owe PAL the cost of their aviation school training, which run into millions of pesos per pilot."

So be ready management, you gonna get many "train-and-ditch" wonders with the current path you have chosen of killing this profession.

Fly747
31st Jul 2010, 18:52
Yes, release the golden hand-cuffs and see what happens!

freightdog188
1st Aug 2010, 01:09
well, I don't know about Cathay's future problems, but I know about their present ones, and one of these is:

lack of flight crew.

the amount of captains flying as RP (even rostered!), F/Os flying i.s.o. S/Os, the number of CC calls on G-days and the amount of overtime being done tells me a thing or two ...

can't wait for the friday whining about lost opportunities to begin

RookieRookie
1st Aug 2010, 08:31
Yup, 100 hours rostered this month. =D

Beholder
8th Aug 2010, 03:51
how to handle the x7 profit is their new problem:}

flynhigh
8th Aug 2010, 04:11
Guys we had a same problem at my airline...Company making boat load of money and showing big profit. Everyone could see we were short on crews...but the company wanted to run the airline thin and not hire new pilots.... we were flying 90 to 95 hours a month. We went from having 15 days off a month to only 10 and still making same amount of money....they said you can make more money by picking up open time trips....:ugh:...finaly we had enough....for one week no one picked up a single trip.....:D when crew services would call to ask for help:= nobody would answer the calls.....in just one week they had to CNX 122 flights....just last week they announced that they are hiring 150 pilots:D...you guys need stick together and stop helping... when they CNX few flights maybe than they will see you had enought...

Good luck guys.

bugsquash1
8th Aug 2010, 09:27
That might happen with a cohesive group but unfortunatly CX is not a cohesive group:=