PDA

View Full Version : Accomplishments

The Management
31st Jul 2010, 00:19
In the past couple of weeks the up and coming DFO and the present DFO have put summaries on the present DFO’s accomplishments.
The present DFO has introduced a legacy of intimidation amongst the pilot group that has served The CPG very well and it will continue in the future.

The DFO has introduced the review board system that has taken the power away from the Check and Training staff. This has served us well when we wished to curtail some pilot careers.

The pilots in 1999 have showed mass cohesiveness within the junior ranks with less cohesiveness amongst the senior pilots that jobs were being threatened. This was clearly unexpected within The Management Group. We had to come up with a system that threatened the junior pilots. See above.

In 1999 we were pushed backed by this cohesiveness and we clearly blame the HKAOA and their negotiating team. We did not forget this in 2001 when the balance of power shifted to the Management Team.

In the early 2001 the present DFO had clearly told the HKAOA president that they will pick certain pilots to be terminated and the rest will fall in-line.

The DFO was briefed on the psychology of terminating mass amounts of employees and the results it may have, but was unrelenting. He job was to protect The CPG at all costs and the possible death of employees will become second. He considered it collateral damage. He is proud of his unrelentingness that has held him in good stead within The CPG.

In the past years the DFO has clearly earned his bonuses. He has increased productivity substantially with very little cost to the company as most of you can see by your dwindling pay.

In the past we have asked the IRD to consider all benefits by The CPG to its employees be considered as salary and be taxed accordingly. This has in effect decreased your net pay, as you now have to pay more tax on housing, etc. At the same time we have only given pilots annual pay increase that is well below the cost of inflation. The IRD had given The CPG preferential treatment on other matters.

This fits into our long-term plan to keep the pilots as poor as possible so more will have to work longer for less pay. We wish to extract all your healthy years working for The CPG and discard you when you are finished. You can see this by the care we have taken in our post retirement insurance program and pension plan.

In fact, the DFO has served The CPG very well over the years that we have entrusted him to another Directorship. We are having cargo industrial problems as well.

In the past week we have had very good response from our crew to keep the operation in tact. We wish to thank all the pilots who have used discretion to increase the FDP and reduce rest. We also like to thank all the pilots who have worked on their G days and those who have answered their phone on O Days. It is absolutely amazing on how much pilots will work for very little overtime. The very minuscule amounts of overtime pay the pilots are given have saved us millions. It has come down to the aircraft going or not going and by paying the captain small amounts of overtime, have saved the day.

When we are not in a bind, we have crew control analyzing the roster to reduce overtime and out port allowances. Small amounts here and there will amount to millions in the long term and will increase the DFO’s bonus.

The DFO has many more accomplishments with his tenure in Flight Operations and has consulted companies like Foxconn (China) on employee relations.

To My Bonus
The Management.

Bob Hawke
31st Jul 2010, 02:36
Foxxconn is a model Chinese employer; and a company to die for.

N1 Vibes
31st Jul 2010, 07:53
However cynical, spiteful or dark the humour get's here, referring to the recent deaths of others, who are far less fortunate than ourselves, is in extremely poor taste...

jonathon68
31st Jul 2010, 16:15
Despite the spin, it's worthwhile keeping the "big picture" on the DFO's career.

His peer group 30 years ago included Typhoon Tony etc, who have gone on to achieve highly successful management careers.

However, the DFO has achieved comparatively mediocre progression over the decades. Even his progression from GM to Director, was through the elevation of the job from one level to another, rather than him being selected for promotion to a Director post. This move from FOP to Cargo is not a promotion, it is at best a sideways move.

Basically, he was made "Cat D" years ago and has yet to realize it. At least "Phil the racist" was smart enough to realize his career was over, and eventually moved on to greener pastures.

It is ironic that Managements appeal of the 49er's verdict should be going through the Appeal Court during his final days in Flight Operations.

Saturn
31st Jul 2010, 18:41
When a man looks in the mirror to see the man he really is can the managment at this company actually convince themselves of success?

Brow beating, lying and cheating employess is NOT MANAGEMENT!
Again, these people are corrupt morally and ethically. Read the recent newspaper articles.

Being investigated by the police for perjury is not something to boast about.

When they sacked the 49ers (51), did they think they were succesfull?
How does a man look at himself and his family knowing what he/they did to others and their families? It's not only what they did but how they did it!

I have never really known a company whose employees have filed so many lawsuits against it and protested publicy.

Definition from wikepidia of management;
Management in all business areas and organizational activities are the acts of getting people together to accomplish desired goals and objectives.

We DO NOT HAVE MANAGMENT AT CATHAY PACIFIC AIRWAYS!

Did our beloved DFO not say there is NO MONEY in Cargo? How ironic that is where he is headed.

NR has NOT been succesfull at all. He has been an abject failure.
:ugh:

Max Reheat
1st Aug 2010, 00:29
Saturn, you really must calm down, Your blood pressure will make interesting reading, I'm sure.

Regarding the DFO's success and measuring it, one must first adopt a stance.

Look at it from the other side of the fence for a moment....

Everyone on B-scales (or less by mid 2014)
Freighter fleet integration back to main line
Frieghter Captains now flying pax.
Resolution (one way or another) of the 49ers debacle (remember he wasn't DFO at the time.
One paltry payrise since 2001

The list is much longer than this...

But before you write him off as a failure look at it from their point of view. I think you'll find that he is considered a success of sorts.

Additionally, just because he's been "D-cat'd" doesn't make him useless at his job, it just means that he won't be progressing any further. We have many pilots in the same boat!

Now on another (but related note), would you rather get shafted by a Swire Prince?....... Or a pilot? At least the Swire Prince is doing his primary job!!!

Bograt
1st Aug 2010, 02:02
Just wait until the new Industrial Relations Manager (aka chief Union & pilot headkicker) is announced.

It's going to be a pilot....

geh065
1st Aug 2010, 05:10
Max,

NR's movement is actually a promotion in the Swire ladder even though many do not see it that way. Within the Swire grading of job ranks, he has moved up a rung.

...and you are right, he has been seen as a relative success and part of the reason they were willing to keep him in his post for so long, because we seemed to be under control with him at the helm!

Max Reheat
1st Aug 2010, 15:51
geh,

Don't mis-read me; it was Jonathon who said he was D cat'd.

Personally, I think he's done alright, certainly better than his predecessors and I wish him luck for the future.

Though not as much as I wish us luck, because we are going to need it!!!

I'm now going to duck for cover!!!

nitpicker330
2nd Aug 2010, 06:10
TT last Friday update ( NR's last day as DFO ) didn't mention him moving at all, not one "thank you for your work screwing the Pilot's" etc etc blah blah

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you find this a bit odd.

2longhk
2nd Aug 2010, 07:29
Interestingly it was mentioned that before flight ops he was in charge of acquiring the present site for CX city. The site that could have been on the MTR if he hadn't f..... it up. Now we have company sponsored buses every day. Nice one Nick.
He can't look anyone in the eye and has no chance of looking straight into the mirror.

coonabarabran
2nd Aug 2010, 14:38
Rhodes is a professional bull****ter. He has created trouble which will cost the company a fortune but has so far escaped taking responsibility as evidenced by his recent promotion to Director Cargo...
The next question is will Nick 'Houdini' Rhodes, professional bull****ter, Star Chamber executive, along with his mate the GMA, be able to escape the consequences of lying to the court in Hong Kong?

FOCX
6th Aug 2010, 11:10
No offense Bart, but how long have you been here? Of course it's different for management, it always has been! (and yes, I realise you're being sarcastic!)

kmagyoyo
7th Aug 2010, 05:53
I've been here about 4-5 years

Back in the day you'd have been a Training Captain by now with a Porsche Turbo, a ski chalet in the Alps and a quaint little holiday home in Tuscany. Was I ever born in the wrong decade...

arse
7th Aug 2010, 06:28
Aaarrrgghhh! Back in the day. When was that again?