PDA

View Full Version : Lack of pilots in indonesia.. desperate times.

jetjockey696
29th Jul 2010, 14:56
Garuda are also looking for Captain to command EFIS and NG aircraft..... Good luck guys:E Watch out for the GOD status attitude of Captains. Oops... and the Garuda Pilot union... Nasty...:\

BOEING 737EFIS/NG FIRST OFFICERS

P**C Aviation on behalf of our client Garuda Indonesia, have a requirement for Boeing 737-300/400/500 (EFIS/NG) First Officers for a one year contract, based in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Screening will take place in Jakarta during the first few weeks of August, with the first group of pilots going on contract from 1st September 2010.

Experience/ Skills:

· ICAO CPL;

· Class One Medical;

· ICAO Level 4 English Proficiency;

· Less than six months since your last Boeing 737EFIS proficiency check;

· You have carried out at least 3 take off and landings in the last 90 days on the Boeing 737EFIS;

Minimum Experience Requirements:

* Total Jet Time - Minimum of 1000 hours;
* Boeing 737EFIS Experience - Minimum of 500 hours on the Boeing 737EFIS aircraft;

Other items required to be submitted at early stage before screening invitation will include:

* Completed Application Form;
* A copy of your Passport;
* A copy of your current Medical (all pages);
* A copy of your current Licence (all pages);
* A copy of the last 3 pages of your logbook;
* A copy of your current Proficiency Check and Instrument Rating;
* No Criminal Record; and
* Recent Employer Reference with Contact Details for Referee.

Type (perm/con):
Contract

Duration:
1 years

Start Date:
1 September 2010

menikos
29th Jul 2010, 18:35
Do you mean that they are very bad with foreigners ?

johnlenon
1st Aug 2010, 05:20
Read From The 'tiger' Thread That Some Mandala Pilots Moving To Tiger Air Singapore With The Salary Of Indonesian Standard.

Had They Not Considered Joining National Carrier Garuda Instead Of A Singapore Low Cost Carrier?

menikos
1st Aug 2010, 11:29
Maybe a question of TR, what about the real opportunity to get hired as a non national by Garuda Indonesia, hope the atmosphere is relax between indonesians and foreigners
:ok:

manflex69
2nd Aug 2010, 08:26
Guys.....
The mandala management didn't want their pilots to join with the competitors.
Mandala's pilots can't do anything cause they have training bond with Mandala.

Unless worked with Tiger (which is their sister company).
About foreigners working in Indonesia.....don't worry, you will know about the Indonesian hospitality when you get here....
We're very welcome with foreigners....

Regards..
Manflex69:)

jetjockey696
2nd Aug 2010, 08:34
Especially if you are of the white kind..... Me Love you long time mister....:ok:

brasmelzuit
2nd Aug 2010, 15:24
Don't be surprised when you get interview, the interviewer will smoke inside Air Conditioned-room, and you'll be a passive smoker inside the cockpit..Almost all of smoker pilots there (mostly captains) don't care about non-smoker partner in the cockpit...unless you fly airbus ..

jimmygill
2nd Aug 2010, 15:37
Whats with the Airbus?

niksmathew24
2nd Aug 2010, 17:37
Whats with the Airbus?

The Air..:ugh::ugh:

CrazyStuntPilot
3rd Aug 2010, 00:37
I'll believe a "lack of pilots" or "shortage of pilots" when I see one. So far I haven't.

Michi
3rd Aug 2010, 08:58
I applied for the underpaid position at the respectable airline Batavia with enough TT as well as on the bus. never received a reply. Shortage???

menikos
3rd Aug 2010, 09:38
The same for Royal Air Maroc, they smoke and don't care about you they even don't ask if you do not mind.

Arabian Mustang
3rd Aug 2010, 12:22
I applied for the underpaid position at the respectable airline Batavia with enough TT as well as on the bus. never received a reply. Shortage???

Why would they look at experienced FO's with time on type whom they actually have to pay peanuts to work for them, when they have more than enough applications from pilots who are willing to pay some serious money to the company for an opportunity to work for them?????????:}

There is a shortage for pilots in indonesia, not for pilots to fly jets but rather for pilots to fly dusty old turbo props....;)

jimmygill
3rd Aug 2010, 13:44
Yes last time I heard it was 70,000 USD for a 3 year f/o contract on 737 classic with pay of 2000USD a month.

Axum
3rd Aug 2010, 18:26
Any chance for upgrade?