PDA

View Full Version : Monarch Flight Plans

Monarch321
29th Jul 2010, 13:04
Hey there,

I was woundering if anyone had an idea which crewbriefing website or flightplan suplier Monarch Airlines use? As I know lots of airlines have choosen to use Lido and other main flightplanning supliers.

Any Ideas?

Many Thanks Monarch321

Endeavour
29th Jul 2010, 16:32
bmi still use airdata for shorthaul.

Monarch321
30th Jul 2010, 15:42
Many thanks for the quick reply, would you know if monarch would login through the website its self "airdata" or do they have an external link which they use in the crew room or at home.

tubby linton
30th Jul 2010, 15:56
There is a computer in the crew room into which you insert the flight data and the flight plan is produced.You can access it at home as well.Why the interest?

Monarch321
30th Jul 2010, 16:08
I was just wondering if the pilots would have to print there flight plan off them selfs or if it would be already done for them. As I remember someone telling me once that the someone from flt ops would print the flight plan off and place it in the flight deck ready for the pilots.

411A
30th Jul 2010, 16:13
As I remember someone telling me once that the someone from flt ops would print the flight plan off and place it in the flight deck ready for the pilots.

This is precisely what was done when I was flying sub-service for them some years ago, with L1011 aircraft.
Flight plans/wx/notams etc together in a neat package.
Monarch, certainly the best ops I've seen in the UK.
A highly professional group.

Monarch321
30th Jul 2010, 16:18
Ye I thought they did. But I know as technology is improving some airlines choose to have an Electronic Flight Bag instead of printing off the flight plan I think this is the case for the A380 pilots.

tubby linton
30th Jul 2010, 16:44
We still print them off with accompanying weather and notams.Quite a few airlines ,but not Monarch yet, can send the plans straight to the aircraft through the acars system.